ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

When you get stuck in a game....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: When you get stuck in a game.... Reply with quote Back to top

Are there any games you've played that you got to a point where you couldn't figure out what to do next? (mainly applicable to RPGs) At that point do you cheat, go online for help, give up, or keep trying yourself?

I've gone online for help in a few but when I do that at least for me it greatly diminishes the experience of playing from that point forward.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My all time worst experience with doing the looking up hints was with...GoldenEye and the damn Aztec level. I really didn't want to finish the game with any extra help, but I just got to frustrated. After that, I said, screw this and read about the Egyptian room. There I've admitted it! I feel so much better. Generally though, I don't like to use hints. For Zelda, I bought the book, but only looked at it after finishing the game so I could get that little bit extra gameplay. I think though, companies like Nintendo really gear games towards these cheat books because well, it makes money right.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
I think though, companies like Nintendo really gear games towards these cheat books because well, it makes money right.

That was true back in the day, but today, you can go on the internet and find hints for free. I do remember though that in the days before the internet you had to buy the books or call those hint hotlines if you wanted help.

GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'm sure Nintendo isn't digging the internet and the free hints!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: re: free hints Reply with quote Back to top

lol, I'm sure that Nintendo is not nearly as concerned about free online hints as they are about people downloading thousands of free roms. They're probably not too thrilled about the idea of rom hacking either.

zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

... just wait till the wii...

SO MUCH ROM HACKING!!!!! WAHOO!!!!!

for all gaming tips/cheats... go to sites... like...

neoseeker.com
gamewinners.com
cheatcc.com
and... for goldeneye... goldeneyeforever.com (PS. NEW TERMINOLOGY! some cool guy made them and some other cool guy uploaded them Razz)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone would lie if they said they never asked a friend or checked elsewhere. The first time I played Goldeneye, I began walking to the left on the floor with the golden gun in the glass, and being in my teens at the time, I didn't fully realize it was some pattern on the floor so I asked a friend anyways.

John Jesse Jones. I'll never forget that name. Ever.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Silent Hill.
I rented the game and got up to the school area. The piano part stopped me in my tracks. When it was returned to the rental place, I never played it again. It's a shame, because it was a really cool experience.

GoldenEye.
Yes, the Egyptian Temple's tiles of terror. Even though I can get the gun without cheating or following the correct path now, I didn't know what to do back then.

Reaching the 100% Mark.
Completion's sake. I'm not going to waste time trying to find hidden secrets, when I can look them up on the Internet in mere minutes.

Many other NES and SNES titles.
When I was a wee lad, I used the Game Genie a lot. Why? Not because I was a bad gamer, but I was an ill tempered one. One of my televisions has a circular chip out of the glass. That was caused by the suspenders I was wearing at the time. Naughty boy. Razz

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just read a FAQ online whenever I am stuck in a level.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: