ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Texture issues with DeleD Imports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Texture issues with DeleD Imports Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone,
I'm a bit new to mapping and whatnot I've tried out a few different editing tools and DeleD CE turned out to be the one I like. I can import stages and texture levels but there's a problem I can't get the textures to display correctly in the Goldeneye Setup Editor.

I assigned the correct texture and four digit preset number in the preset file but it still shows an odd texture other than the one I chose. I'm not sure how exactly to sync the textures shown in DeleD to show in the GEeditor as well. I want to use the original textures in Perfect Dark.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two ways for editor to pick up the files:

1) Specify a texturesMulti.txt replacement file of something like

0400 mytextures.bmp
0456 mytexture2.bmp

or use the original GE texture names in romimagesfull folder in your mtl file.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I tried the Textures.txt method but for some wierd reason it loaded a completely different texture than the one I named in the txt, I'm not sure why I even used the original romimages name.

Now the MTL method sounds like it'd probably work better but the problem is I'm not really sure how to do so, I've been working at it but I haven't been able to figure out how to get DeleD to use the same textures as the Romimagesfull folder, and then have the textures be saved as a correctly formatted MTL file. Is there a special method to it?

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I really apologize for the double post but this problems really caused all my projects to come to a screeching halt. I'll try to explain what I did:

1. Exported Caves from Goldeneye as an .obj File

2. Opened it in Deled CE and
a) Tried using villa .mtl instead of Caves so I could have a PD texture set. I replaced all the textures with the ones I wanted.

b) Created a 'Caves' folder in the DeleD Texture directory and put the stone texture there, then I replaced the textures in the level to it.

c) Put the texture in the Caves project folder and created a textures.txt for it with the four digiti preset number that the Imagetool gives me.

3. I loaded it in the GE editor with the Room Positions and whatnot being direct rips from Goldeneye (aside from the Obj and MTL files.

In the editor no matter what I do the level loads a completely different texture (An odd black ring thing) even when I put different textures in the Deled editor.

Again I apologize for the double post but if I can't texture them, any map making I attempt would be an exercise in futility...

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So you have custom textures? Until you save as project, and reload, it won't show new textures.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Winter's Assassin,

I don't get what it's the issue you have exactly. Is it a texture that doesn't import corectly from Deled to Editor? Are the other ones importing correctly?

If that's so, it seems to me that the ID isn't right in the Textures.txt for that texture. It happened to me in the past, had something like 0DB5 and wrote 0BD5. It drove me crazy until I realised.

Check the texture ID for the wrong texture (the odd black ring) in Editor. To do so, go to 'Room positions mode', right-click on a tri with the texture and select 'Replace triangle/Group Texture/Details'. Then check the ID (marked in red in the image)
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/GE_Editor_replacing_textures-1.jpg?t=1338249250

You can manually change that texture in all level with only one click. Just change the ID in the 'With' spot (marked in red in the image too, the lower one). Of course that will only work if you correct texture is in the ROM.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ha Sogun thats the same photo you sent me??hahah

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Sogun I never knew that there was a texture editor in the GE setup editor itself that cleared a lot of things up

Okay, for some reason the texture shown in the editor is 03D5 and the texture I Specified in the textures.txt is 0908 it's really odd, either DelD is assigning 03D5 or maybe 03D5 is the Texture from Goldeneye... *Checks if it's the Goldeneye texture* It is.

Okay so my problem is with DeleD it's not changing the textures or something along those lines. I guess since all else failed I'll just do the Replace Texture method Sogun suggested but I hope there's a fix.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: