ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Frigate VR - March 18th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: [Map] Frigate VR - March 18th, 2012 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a stripped down version of the Frigate map made especially for multiplayer. The elaborate details that made it look so spiffy in the mission campaign (overhead vents, pipes, lights, wires, caution stripes, etc.) have been taken out to improve performance. The outside areas have been sealed off in order to maintain all action inside the vessel. Also, the bars that used to obstruct one of the paths have been removed, allowing for quicker travel and better flow. Doors slide instead of swing, since the Simulants would get stuck on them in many places.

Whether or not this sticks around in later versions of GE:X, I'm not sure. It is not utilized in the Assignments (Challenges), and is simply bonus content. Hopefully you all find it to be an enjoyable new map to kill your friends in. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Loved this map on Goldeneye. Looks great Wreck Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW. I remember you were working on this the first time I entered the irc chat (when was it? probably July). Nice to see it finished!

Frigate is my favourite solo mission, so been able to play it as multi is like a dream came true.

You say players won't be allowed to go outside, but will the deck be seen from the bridge?

As PD has some unused slots for levels, what plans do you have for them? Why can't Frigate use one of those and remain in future patches? (and Cradle, Statue, Control, Bunker I, Full Archives, Surface...)
PD has 16 multi levels, and I was able to add 5 extra for my Kakariko patch (so having at least 21 should work, and having even more might work). GE has 12 original multi maps (including Citadel), so having a lot of extra levels is doable.
Heh, you have probably thought of this already but don't want to anounce your intentions. Twisted Evil

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking great! Love Frigate!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took out all of the exterior rooms from the background, so the front windows look out to only sky. The original Frigate had issues with blackouts in multiplayer, which is why I had to strip out so much from it. Though it may take getting used to, you quickly become accustomed to the new layout.

If this map goes over well enough with players, it has a chance of staying in for future releases. Since it isn't an official GoldenEye multiplayer level, there is the possibility that it won't live up to the other stages. The Citadel is in simply because of the novelty. It was such a sought after mystery, that once it was found by Krijy and made playable by Zoinkity, it immediately became accepted by the masses as a multi map. Labyrinth is one of the better levels from The World Is Not Enough, and adds more James Bond gaming history to the mod.

Glad you guys are excited to try this out in GE:X. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Never played this on multi on GE, looking forward to playing it on GE:X
This project is the best :A

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey that looks great ! So this might be in release 5? If yes then I can't wait to give it a go Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: