ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sogun's Workshop
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

si que es raro.intente abrir el Runwaysetupeditor el unico que no me abria de todos y me decia que faltaba el archivo mfc90.dll , busque el archivo en la red y lo meti en la carpeta donde tengo el editor, y ahora el editor me dice que me falta otro archivo ddl, me lo baje y ahora otro nuevo dll faltaba, incluso baje el VS2008 redistributable, seguia sin solucionar el problema. hoy he vuelto a bajar e instalar el VS2008 redistributable de otra pagina y ya por fin consegui abrir el Runwaysetupeditor.exe. no se de que forma lo hice , ni por que se ha resuelto el problema hoy cuando no lo consegui ayer. espero que no me vuelva a suceder por que estava aprendiendo y concentrandome y me corto la rutina que tenia en mente. ahora espero seguir adelante y que no pasen cosas como estas.

if it is open raro.intente Runwaysetupeditor the only one I opened them all and told me that was missing mfc90.dll file, locate the file on the net and got into the folder where I have the editor, and now the editor I says I'm missing another file ddl, and now I download a new dll missing, even lower the VS2008 redistributable, was still not solved the problem. Today I returned to download and install the VS2008 redistributable another page and I finally got to open the Runwaysetupeditor.exe. not that way I did, or why it has solved the problem today when I failed yesterday. I hope that happens again estava learning and concentrating and short routine that I had in mind. Now go ahead and hope that things do not go how are you.

radorn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 mira tus mensajes

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hola Sogun y a todo el foro. hace 3 semanas y media que no he vuelto por aqui , lo lamento, pero he tenido un problema un poco pesado y todavia aun por resolver. ademas no se todavia si seria competencia del foro con lo cual no quiero involucrar al foro en problemas que no tienen que ver con el uso del editor de GE o PD.lo que si voy a hacer es contar un poco lo que me ha pasado y haber si alguien ha tenido el mismo o un problema parecido.hace ya el tiempo que he estado de ausencia, intente seguir los ejemplos de Sogun, uno de ellos era con los archivos TXT, pues bien resulta que ya no pude abrir mas archivos TXT (me habia desaparecido el notepad.exe el verdadero de windos) por eso no he podido seguir trabajando, por que incluso ya no he podido abrir de nuevo el MTL o el OBJ con el TXT. es probable que si fuera un virus anteriormente me afectara a los archivos DLL de los cuales tambien estuve preguntando hace 3 semanas y finalmente tuve resuelto este problema.como todavia no he resuelto el problema. ya comunicare cuando seguire con todo esto es decir con el mapa que estaba creando.

Hi Shogun and the entire forum. 3 ½ weeks ago have not come around here, sorry, but I had a problem a little heavy and yet still be resolved. also do not know yet if serious competition on the forum with which I do not involve the forum in which problems have nothing to do with the use of GE or PD.lo editor if you'll do is have a little of what happened to me and have if anyone has had the same or a problem parecido.hace and the time I've been absent, try to follow the examples of Shogun, one of them was with TXT files, well it turns out that I could not open more files TXT (I had gone on the real notepad.exe windos) so I could continue working, even as I could not reopen the OBJ with MTL or TXT. is likely that if it were a virus affect me before DLLs which also was asking for 3 weeks and finally had solved this problema.como still have not solved the problem. informs and when I will continue with all this is that the map he was creating.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys.

I haven't done anything new with Blue Resort since I announced the project, but I have tried some other things in the meantime:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_ForestTemple_Editor_x71_04.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_ForestTemple_Editor_x71_05.jpg
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_ForestTemple_Editor_x71_06.jpg

It's far from over, but I'll work on it from time to time. For now it's only background and it lacks some rooms (boss room, spiral corridors and rotating rooms) that I'll add later. As you can see, there's no vertex shading either so it looks pretty ugly, and some of the textures aren't well aligned or placed. Also, the full map has only one room so it will crash the game if I try it as is.

So I need to add the rest of the rooms, fix geometry, fix textures, add vertex shading, split the level in as many rooms as needed, do clipping, do portals, place guns, do paths for sims, model doors and other objects and place them in the map... I'll have to do an elevator or a floating platform to acces the basement (probably need some help with that).
The main focus is for PD but I'll do a smaller version of the map for GE when I'm finish with it.

I'll keep you updated!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

por las imagenes que veo esta fantastico el nivel, no se si seria una buena idea el incluir la zona donde Saria nos enseña la cancion del Templo del Bosque. estaria muy bien elegir zonas donde colocar cajas de madera o cofres y hacer que fueran explosivos. tambien las cuatro cajas del puzzle que debemos de resolver en este nivel estaria bien que no faltara, si es que la idea de esto fuera usarlas como escudos contra los disparos enemigos.la vegetacion que uliza este nivel asi como sus parras y hierbas creo simularian una mayor calidad grafica a pesar de no serlo. deseo jugar ese nivel cuanto antes. felicidades Sogun.

by the images I see this fantastic level, not whether it would be a good idea to include the area where Saria teaches us the song of the Forest Temple. would be well placed to choose areas where wooden boxes or chests and make them explosive. also the four boxes of the puzzle that we solve in this level would be nice to not fail, if this were the idea of ​​using them as shields against gunfire enemigos.la vegetation that Uliza this level as well as their vines and herbs I would simulate a higher quality graphics despite not. I want to play that level soon. Congratulations Sogun.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This level looks fantastic for a Goldeneye level. It needs a lot of shading though. Since its all so bright. But that can be work on later when you finish the textures and room splitting.

Anyway I am hoping to see more from this map when you get a chance to upload more photos.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Probably one of the better locations to use as a map in a first-person shooter. It already looks nice, and has a great deal of potential. Do keep us updated as you continue to make progress.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that GoldenEye:X 5a has been released and the Citadel makeover has come to light I have written and article about it in my blog. I'll also show some beta pics.

GOLDENEYE: X - Multi - Citadel makeover (Sp 22th, 2012)
Download: http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=202
Images (beta): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Videos: 1
Article

Check the first message of this post to see other finished projects I've done. Wink

Last edited by Sogun on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Now that GoldenEye:X 5a has been released and the Citadel makeover has come to light I have written and article about it in my blog. I'll also show some beta pics.

GOLDENEYE: X - Multi - Citadel makeover (Sp 22th, 2012)
Download: http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=202
Images (beta): 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Videos: 1
Article

Check the first message of this post to see other finished projects I've done. Wink

That is amazing Sogun. I never thought someone will put the time into remaking Citadel into something so amazing that even my jaw drop. And you know it takes a lot to do that to me. Razz

Anyway the level is perfect in every way. All the shadows and shading and the bots seems to move perfectly as well. You man has made Goldeneye X a thousand times better.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You really went all-out on this map makeover, Sogun. I didn't expect as much effort when I originally asked you about taking on this project, but you certainly delivered. Between the clever use of the stone carvings to help identify the unique areas of the level, to the re-imagining of the spiral ramp, the new Citadel feels more professional and complete. In my opinion, it is leaps and bounds better than the test map left for us in the GoldenEye 007 ROM. I look forward to seeing what may become of this level in GE, either as multi or possibly even a mission. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
You really went all-out on this map makeover, Sogun. I didn't expect as much effort when I originally asked you about taking on this project, but you certainly delivered. Between the clever use of the stone carvings to help identify the unique areas of the level, to the re-imagining of the spiral ramp, the new Citadel feels more professional and complete. In my opinion, it is leaps and bounds better than the test map left for us in the GoldenEye 007 ROM. I look forward to seeing what may become of this level in GE, either as multi or possibly even a mission. Smile

At this rate. The level it self can be a mission now. Since the level is fix up and all the walls are texture right. I can really see a Aztec kind of style mission here. Like that rocket. You can have it in the middle of the Citadel. And that high tower area is a great place to put something way up there. I can really see this looking like amazing mission level.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks EternallyAries, but the truth is that I took the setup from GE:X patch 4, hehe. I'm sure Wreck has improved it since then.
Also, I had a lot of support from SubDrag regarding Editor features (old ones that I didn't know how to use and new ones I asked him to code). Even now he is fixing some issues in console that my shadows are responsible for.

With the Citadel makeover I've trying different approaches to make those realistic shadows.
The first one was the original Rare method (you can check Villa in PD to see it) which consists in modelling the tris that will be shaded in the same mesh than the non shaded tris. Doing it that way is the perfect approach, but you'll be using a lot of tris and fixing the UVs for textures is a nightmare (the crossed pillars room had a lot of slowdowns because of this). Here are some pics in Deled so you can see how crazy the polygon mesh was, notice the amount of tris in floor:
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Citadel_Room01_tris.png
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Citadel_Room02_tris.png
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Citadel_Room03_tris.png
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Citadel_Room04_tris.png
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/PD_Citadel_Room05_bg.png

The second approach, having already done the first approach, is to remove the non shaded tris and model the floor again with a square, then lower that square by 1 unit. You save a lot of tris but the outcome isn't perfect as the player can notice the gap between the floor and the shadows. The structure shadows are done the same way, they are also separated by unit from walls.
This is how the Citadel makeover is done, but this method has blinking issues in console that Subdrag is fixing now for next release. The way to fix this is having the shaded triangles at the same height than the non shaded floor and don't let any other triangle to insersect them. A pic from Subdrag that summarizes it all.

A third approach, and probably the best one, is something I came up later. It's like the second approach but instead of using the same texture than the floor and use the correct UVs, use a black, grey or white texture with some alpha. Then you can shade that texture depending on how dark or soft you want the shadow to be, and you don't have to worry about UVs anymore. I think the texture could be a 4x4 (or 8x8 if it cannot be that small) greyscaled one, and that occupies nothing in memmory. But perhaps using alphas needs more power to process than ordinary shaded tris. I'll need to make some tests.

Modelling the tris for the shadows was somehow easy with Autocad. I had some trouble with the slanted surfaces and walls, hehe. I draw them like this and I don't know if you can do it with other modelling programs.

While I was doing the map I thought a mission for it, but I want to do so many things first (GF64, Forest Temple, Blue Resort...) that it might pass a year until I start with a Citadel mission (and I'll have to learn about how to do missions too!). So if anyone feels like he can do a good mission out of this map, then go ahead. Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since Subdrag discovered how overlayed textures work (the ones that are used walls like in Archives to make some details), I went back to the Kakariko map and tried to use that feature to make the floor of the level closer to the original.

Perfect Dark outcome
Ocarina of Time original

Unfortunately, some graphic issues appeared after doing this and it doesn't compensate at all. You can see what I'm talking about in this video (the missing tri is my fault, hehe).

I'm afraid that we won't be able to fix this. But I'll go back to the GE version of Kakariko and put there the improvements I did to the map while working on it in PD. Probably I'll be able to enhance performance and luckily make it more playable.

Last edited by Sogun on Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

For those interested I have recorded a tutorial that shows how to model a custom level and all the steps until making it playable:
http://youtu.be/EYkUgX_QT_E

It has no sound but English subtitles. I'll add Spanish subtitles later so a lot of people will the able to learn with this video. Heh, maybe new rookies will come here.

It explains how to model in Autocad but if you know about other modelling tool and your are not sure about how to make your work into the Editor, this video can help you too.

Making subtitles is very time consuming! I spent like 4 hours just for 30 minutes. Shocked

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi guys,

This is a silly patch that I made because some youtuber called ElRinconDelWilder asked me. It's a Chroma level for Goldeneye which I hope it can be used for new fan videos.

http://www.mediafire.com/?kfutqalzklon3gl

I only spend a few hours doing it but I found some unexpected issues Laughing that Subdrag kindly helped me with.

I have never edited a chroma video so I don't know if this will really make things easier, but I works very good with images. Razz

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/Goldeneye_croma_zps079df5ed.png
http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z345/Sogunesp/Goldeneye_croma_forest_zpsb8202154.jpg

Oh, and the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iejmL-wqyVw&list=UU_Gc2EhxKK0M9s9wfpezvLQ&index=1

Last edited by Sogun on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 13 of 26

Jump to: