ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

(Request) How come Skedar haven't been made playable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: (Request) How come Skedar haven't been made playable? Reply with quote Back to top

I know it's a bit blunt but I've wanted to see this code/hack ever since I first got the game, I tried everything to unlock the skedar only to get the Mr.Blonde which wasn't nearly as cool. Playing as the Skedar would be as awesome as the raptor character in Turok's Multiplayer.

Now I know the issues at hand the skedar have no hands, no "head" and whatnot but really with all the character swapping and model hacking these days it seems like we could either make a compatible model or modify the coding for the original skedar.. or something. I know there is the "real Skedar Sims" code but I want the players to be able to use them too...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think one of the other issues with having Skedar in Combat Simulator is their animations. They have a different skeleton from humans and Maians, so they can't use the same basic moving animations.

You'll probably have noticed that the code to allow Skedar as enemies in multiplayer also has a negative affect on non-Skedar characters. When they use proper moving animations, other characters end up floating in the air while doing the splits. Everyone uses the same basic set of animations in Combat Simulator, so one or the other will move incorrectly.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I noticed that but when the skedar use the animations parts of their body still move. I was thinking perhaps if it was possible, a skedar model with a skeleton like the other models could be made just with the legs twisted around backwards, so they look like the traditional skedar walk.

Of course I'm not the best at model animation yet, so I could be wrong but I'm under the impression that you could turn specific parts around in the same model and it'd move the correct way just at the angle you moved it to.

Of course if it's the separate animations that cause it to crash how come people can't play as Skedar when the "Real Skedar Sims" code is used? I tried giving them "Hands" but still it crashes...

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what I would like to know is that you can do with the various organizations that exist for the GE-X project. for now I propose to bring new textures for Skedar for GE-X. I would also like to know you can do with this class of organisms in GE-X, if you can not remove a Skedar to put a human but what if you Skedar transform a human, that human would have animations Animations Skedar or human? . on the other hand would be nice to test any animal textures of another N64 game and try to put them and know how quedaria Skedar.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: