ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[GE007 Wii] Thoughts.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played it. It looks like a cool shooter but I can't associate it with GoldenEye at this point. I haven't played it and when I hear people saying it has a feel like the original, I'm a big skeptical. I often wonder, for 90% of the people playing GoldenEye Wii, just how long it's been since they have actually seen or played the original. Point is, most people don't remember the feel of the original. The fact is, there are so many other options for a Bond game it seems a bit weak to have GoldenEye Wii. However I have a point. I still remain confident the method to the madness here is to actually get the original back. In some form or another. I'm not sure why but they obviously has the Xbox version close. Obviously with this GE Wii being worked on, there is no way in hell they would allow the original to come. At this point it can happen. With that said, the thought doesn't exactly blow up my skirt. It will be short lived in all likelihood. Just like PD on Xbox. Lots of hype around the original GE but that would go away pretty quickly. How can they make the game last? A quick cash in is about it. Then it drops off. Sure I'd like to play it, but without the original stick for which the game was designed, I'm not that interested in it. Okay, that's my yearly rant and babble. Wink

oldyz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE master has mind reading powers Wink

The only way for a new port of Goldeneye or for the new Perfect dark port to really survive is for them to release an official Computer version.

It would be the most just thing to do for the 2 games.

The modding potential would be multiplied many times.
And we get to use our n64 controllers.

I wonder how much money they ask for someone to buy the engine that they are made with.

PaD
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys!
It's me passing by for once. Cool

I haven't finished the game yet, but there's a few things I can say already.

Comparing this game to GE64 is a bad mistake and will hinder you from enjoying it. After playing the first mission I was utterly disappointed, having expected much of what Wreck already stated, a GE64 rework.

None of GE64 is left, not even much of the original movie is. The storyline has been altered drastically as have some key scenes (won't name them to avoid spoilers).

BUT, this is definitely not a bad game. The story, even though drastically altered, is well told and I love the video sequences. The game is very action-packed and I love the stealth stuff. I also love punching people in the face with my gun. Oh, and need to activate the elevator? Don't push the button, smash it with your gun as well. Smile Unfortunately the vending machine won't spit out a soda when smashing it, but hey...

The only thing really bothering me is the fact that missions are designed linearly. In GE64, you could screw around the level, take Surface for good instance, and do whatever the hell you want, at places that aren't even relevant for the mission to be accomplished. None of that is left in Goldeneye Wii. You got your checkpoints, you follow them, until you're through. You sure have alternative ways (mostly divided into "Stealth" and "Run & Gun") to pick but it's nothing like the original was, and in this case it's a real shame. It's what made GE64 so special at the time...

Today I tried Multiplayer for the first time with a buddy. Setting up the game consisted of quite some shocks. No weapon sets? No sir, you pick your one and only gun before the game starts. In the game, you will end up with a P99, the gun you selected before the game, and hand grenades. This is probably the biggest disappointment this game brought to the table so far.

Also, no License to Kill mode. We were used to LTK so for us, this was really bad. It's also interesting how you can't seem to add AI players to the game.

Then, in hope to get some classic back, we chose Facility as our level. If you remember this custom level for GE64 - The Quad - that's pretty much like it, with more stuff in it. If I remember right the trailers and vids clearly showed a reworked GE64 Facility level, but nada.

The Multiplayer gameplay itself, once you digested all I mentioned above, was fun enough. With this extreme weapon limitations I doubt it'll last long, though. The unusual regeneration system (that's cool for singleplayer, but multi??) doesn't fit, and you simply miss the gold old death fanfare. Sad

If just Agent Under Fire MP gameplay became a standard for consoles (really, it rocks!)...

In all, this game is looking great so far, but if you expect a GE64 remake and the classic multiplayer they advertise, you'll be greatly disappointed.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My God, people. YOU NEED THOSE CHECKPOINTS. I've been playing Achives for a week now, sloooowly moving through the checkpoints. I've discovered that running in shooting everyone is just an invitation to die horribly, it really is much easier to take guards down slowly. There have been several cases where they just kept coming and chasing me, so I ran to a checkpoint to trigger a cutscene, just to get rid of them xD I like how you can save at them now >.>

I couldn't imagine playing this without checkpoints, the enemies are way too hard to fool. If they see you, they see you and you are screwed.

In multi... yes, do not try it with less than three people. Regen health just makes it too hard to get proper kills, especially if the people have played Campaign. They get used to hiding behind things to heal. Loadouts are not bad either, you can change them in game to set which weapon you'll respawn with, the problem is finding time to set it before someone kills you. Plus when you die, you drop the gun so you could always come back and get it.

And PaD, you do realise you can change grenades as well? Depending on which primary you choose, you can either have 2 grenades, timed/proximity mines, smokebombs and stun grenades. You can always exchange either one of the two guns for another, I find it's always good to choose the rocket launcher, use it up, then switch it for someone's AK.

It's more complex than Goldeneye, but I finally understand why they did it, it is just more realistic.

The only problems I have with this game is the difficulty of the ONE SECTION of Carrier where you have to run through exploding corridors (Pierce Brosnan could take a missile to the face without dying >.> You weakling, Craig), the really disgusting state of the screen when you're close to death, the fact multi needs more action so you need more people to play it properly, the DAMNED LACK OF CHEATS, Ouromov's redesign, and the fact everyone seems to think that these game developers made it like the movie just to piss us off.

I keep forgetting this is a gamers forum, am I the only person who was afraid this would **** up the movie? The main aspect for me is the game's story, if the gameplay is stable and the story sucks, I'll dislike the game, if the gameplay is stable and the story is excellent, I'll love it. If the gameplay is amazing but the story is awful, I might lose interest. You need to compromise. This game plays well, it shows well, and the only main issues it has is the fact it was made on a console that is very limited.

Some people need to stop viewing this as the same game, in your wildest dreams did you expect anything different to what we got? Approaching these kinds of things with a nuetral view on it will stop you from being disappointed.

Now all I need is cheats then I'll be out of the gaming world again. But before I do...

Did anyone play Haze? Sometimes game developers are forced to do badly just to finish the game before their deadline.

NapalmNero
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I played it at a friends house.. and well.. um.. let me break it down

I understand Nintendo's motives for wanting to bring the game into modern audiences and I fully understand all of the changes they made to accommodate to that.. do I like them? No.. not at all. This game could have been something on it's own, it didn't need to have the name slapped over it and the marketing didn't help it either.

This game literally(to me at least) as no purpose other than to get money, and they should have just let Microsoft have the HD updgrade to the original and then released it on WiiWare later on. This game didn't need to be made, people ENJOYED the original because of nostalgic value, when it was on A CARTRIDGE, we like it because it was OLD, nothing needed to be changed.

Waste of money and time guys, this game sucks.. period. Call me bias, but I liked CoD: Black Ops.. much much more than this game. That says a lot for me[/b]

Kode-Z
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys, I took the plunge and purchased the game! Here are my honest opinions:

First off, I was playing this with an open mind, which to be fair, was quite hard due to the fact that I'm a die hard fan of the N64 version, which of course all you guys know!

This may come across as a surprise, but it is actually not a bad game, even though it may be a cash cow for Activision/Nintendo.

What I did like was the fact that the actual "GoldenEye" song was used, although this time produced by David Arnold and sang by Nicole Scherzinger (of Pussycat Doll fame!). I would have preferred the original version, but hey - it's the gameplay that counts!

EDIT: If you haven't heard the reworked theme - it's here!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9R_EvA49Zg4&fmt=18

I haven't touched the multiplayer as of yet, and probably won't for a while. If it's anything like "Agent Under Fire" or "Nightfire" I wouldn't want to touch it with a barge pole!

Final verdict: For a blownout remake, it's not the worst game that you can buy, although as a Bond fan, the fact that Brosnan isn't in the game, or the fact that the other actors aren't in the game is quite a let down for me. It's worth playing, but I doubt that there's any replay value, even for multiplayer.

Ryani
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, surprisingly, this game has as much replay value as the original for me right now. I've played Facility about ten times now, it's just fun to see how far I can sneak each time without getting caught, and I'm almost good enough to sneak all the way to the bottling room without getting caught. Just when I try and blow out the cameras the guards notice S:

Still haven't had enough friends over to play Multi effectively... working on it, and both of us shall report on how fun it is.

It;'s nothing like Nightfire though, Kode-Z. It's too modern for that. More fast paced.

Draven844
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with Kode-Z on the multiplayer. Thankfully, the Bond games are beyond that. The game is a lot of fun. I'm actually on one of the last levels, in the jungle. Sadly, I only have time to play this game in 10 minute bursts. I don't think that this game turned out as bad as some made it out to become.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Perfecteye
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've enjoyed this game for the most part. It's certainly not going to replace the N64 Goldeneye in the hearts of the fans. And I think that it's cool to see Daniel Craig(my favorite James Bond actor)in Goldeneye.
Only problem is that the game sometimes freezes on me.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well i think this game did a lot better then call of duty black ops.

This game had a better story and all that.

More controls.

The online play like i said befor needs more work but it still let you enjoy somethign to do when there noone else to play. Smile

The grafect in my opeon wer perfect for a wii game.

Maxout

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

-Satisfying a fan base.

I knew that we weren't going to please everyone. It's nice to have the ability to turn certain game features on and off.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Downloaded the 360 Reloaded demo because I was bored the other night. Really short demo, doesn't even give you the full dam mission. I have to say though, if they had done the entire game like dam, I'd be in love. Sure, the gameplay's a bit modernized and it's more linear, but dam is a total nostalgia trip. They put so much care into creating a new mission that referenced parts of the original everywhere they could, yet still felt fresh and original. Even areas/features that never made it in; those airboats arriving at the docks are awesome.

Shame the missions after it were nothing like the originals at all. If they could get away with taking that much inspiration from dam, they could've gotten away with using a lot of the other mission layouts too.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, I used to play this one on the wii as well, and my first reaction was: dissapointment. No freedom in doing your missions, damn craig, alec replaced by other actor...It just felt like a call of duty-rip-off. After more playing it, I realized it was better than just cod. It had something, but not enough. Multiplayer sucked, compared to original n64. Online multiplayer stays fun for a small period, it gets repititive after then because the scenarios are rather weak. All in all, this isn't a bad game, but it didn't do the things right for me. I know other people said this before, but I like saying my opinion in this friendly forums Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed.. rather Nintendont doesn't appeal anymore whatsoever, I'm only BIG on N64LIFE and slight GC..

I played COD1 on PC, nice finale building rubble but then I sample COD4 and 5 on me friend's x360. Even splitscreen. Hideously dull, way too much hype just for point-n-click

FIGHT THE POWER WITH SANDBOX WAR SINCE Cool '02 Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: