ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That bug is (apparently) specific to the US version of the game. There are several other bugs, like the way explosions work. In non-US games they work exactly like in Perfect Dark.

It would be tough to actually add that bug back in intentionally. I think it had to do with falsely triggering a broken container which due to a fluke contained itself.

Actually, Temple and Facility(?) originally had a couple ammo boxes in the wrong location--as in assigned to the wrong weapon.

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wrong my friend that bug is not just in the us version. I'm from pal land and that bug is in the british european verson also (my machine is pal and pal goldeneye cart).

Well if it can't be implimented no big loss at least I know the aim beep noise is gone. That will keep me happy. Hope someone cna find a way to get it in there all these little things just add that little bit more for me. One of the reasons I like goldeneye was that alot of the glitches actual added to the game rather than brake it like most other games.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still believe that Rare misplaced a few of those crates, assigning them to use the same pads as other ones. In Perfect Dark's Temple, you'll see that they are properly positioned. In fact, the pads for those crate positions still exist in the original GoldenEye, which further proves the mistake on Rare's part. I know that this may differ from how the original plays out, but it is in an attempt to correct a flaw and to properly distribute the ammo around the map.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know I never studied this too deeply, but of course I've seen the double ammo boxes. Which objects were supposed to go to which pad? We should probably have a GE ROM fixing this.

here's the vault list:
http://goldeneyevault.com/wiki/index.php?title=Temple

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if it ain't broke you don't fix it Wink

The original had 2 boxes GX should have the same, but but hay thats just me.

Guess I'll have to change my strategies on the temple now DAM IT! Confused

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The same amount of ammo boxes still exist, but they have now been placed at their appropriate positions. One of the "special" weapon ammo crates was sitting at the same pad as one of the crates in the main upper floor. At the opposite end of that same room, there is a lonely weapon with no ammo near it. Those crates were also positioned at pads used by other crates in the room where you can find the Flag Tag Token. The pads they are supposed to be in do exist in the setup file for the level. They match the ones that Perfect Dark did use for its version of Temple. This is a simple correction, and I have no plans to revert back to the original design.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the way, I believe Zoinkity released some form of patch that did include corrected positions for the Temple in GE...

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=95

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did?

I DID!
VICTORY!

(Did I port that from one of your codesets Wreck? We need somebody to keep track of all this stuff.)

Sorry, I thought the splitting bug was solved. You did get a stack of other bugfixes though, like the one so the game doesn't immediately crash when a stage without a text file is loaded. A couple more than Japan, at least. Plus, without all the debug routines eating your CPU generating memory dump data that it proceeds to throw away, it also runs a lot smoother.
Rotten buggers. Getting all the good toys ;*)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember once creating GS codes to relocate the ammo crates, but I wasn't sure if I had released them. Chances are I did. Whether or not you used those as the base, it's pretty easy to determine where they belong when you see where the pads are. Looking at PD doesn't hurt, either.

jayloonar
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm not sure if it has been fixed
but the silver pp7 does as much damage as the magnum
and also, i think it would be good if double weapons can be an option
so you can choose to have double weapons

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure I corrected the damage dealt by the Silver PP7 for the most recent release. I originally had it as strong as a regular PP7, but it should now be the same as the magnum.

Making doubles an option is probably not an easy task. If it ever becomes a possibility, it would certainly be a good thing to include. Unfortunately, as far as we know right now, there isn't a way to make it one way in this mode and another way in that mode. For now, it's either doubles in both modes (Missions and Virtual Reality), on single in both.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think with the way mode switching works in PD, even if you were to force doubles in only one mode you could shift to the other with doubles out. Bit of an exploit.

It would have to be coded in, so probably not.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the CKR Launcher could hurt.. it would be a great "spinoff-addition"..

I "suggest" because I think it's been removed since the latest v5.. either that or I don't know all the unlockables and their requirements..

I always sucked at GE/PD.. I could never use 1.2 controls.. I was never quick nor nimble on the stick lol

As for the optional clouds version, which level(s) show this off ? I have ran through Glide Napalm, classic 3D8, haven't really noticed/seen them

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The C-KR (pronounced "Seeker") missile launcher may be made available in Virtual Reality mode at one time. However, the launcher models do need to be worked on. Pretty much everything should be unlocked from the start of a new file. That has a very good chance of changing on a later release, and absolutely will for the cheats and mission campaign.

The clouds are more apparent in the open-sky maps, such as Complex and Citadel. Temple also has them, but you need to look for the openings in the ceilings. Labyrinth features clouds, as well.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First off let me thank you guys for your work on this excellent project. I remember back in 2000 daydreaming what it would be like to have all the multiplayer options from Perfect Dark in Goldeneye, such as the Bots, and Dual weapons etc. This project is like an old dream slowly manifesting itself.

That being said something that really bothered me from PD, was the rate muzzle flash in automatics. In Goldeneye you could actually see the and appreciate the qualities of different automatics based on the intermittent muzzle flash like rate of fire. Whereas in PD there is Just a continuous Muzzle flare that also kind of gets in the way of the target. Hoping its not hard coded and can be changed in some future release. I wonder if I am the only one that is bothered by it? :S

Again Incredible Project!
Thanks guys!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 9 of 21

Jump to: