ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're not alone concerned about rates of fire "G14Classified". in fact first, I get the feeling that the colors are very intense flashes every weapon in PD, and second in GE seems every flash has some transparency in their coloration which I think makes this effect each flare not see fixed in each of the automatic weapons or continuous shooting.
not if you can have explosions are now PD as GE, ie change the textures and the sound of explosions.
Laser Moonreaker speed and Cougar Magnum still do not match the speed with GE.
are yet to include the Tank and the Taser.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do notice how Simulants shoot the magnum faster than a player can. They shoot one like it's two and two even faster. Also, I didn't check yet, but do Simulants know how to detonate remote mines? I remember in PD they couldn't.

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed the firing rate of the magnum to be slightly faster than the human trigger as well. I remember reloads being modified, but is this possible for a simulant trigger finger speed for a gun like the magnum?

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mmm besides the actual rate of fire, what I really meant is the muzzle flash effect from first person view. In GE, everytime a bullet comes out of the barrel of an automatic there is a burst of fire coming from the barrel, then stops and cycles again.

Where as in PD, there's flame coming out of the barrel each frame regardless whether its between firing cycles or not.

But that's another issue too saturn, in PD the flare is much more solid and needs to have less opacity too.

Just some thoughts

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The rate of fire for both the Moonraker Laser and the Sniper Rifle (yes, you guys missed that one!) were slowed down because of PD. In GoldenEye, they were set to all zeroes. When you do this in Perfect Dark, the AI is able to use them like fully automatics. The Laser becomes nearly a solid stream, and the Sniper is unloaded in less than half a second. I decided to change the rates to match the PD equivalents. If there is a way to change this to be more like the originals, yet not allow Sims to spam the map with them, I will use it.

I'm pretty sure the DY357 magnums in PD are the same way. There is a special firing animation on it, which forces a slight pause between shots. However, the Simulants don't register this time delay. They can fire quicker than human players can. As a compensation for this disadvantage, I increased the amount of time it takes them to reload. So after they've spent their load, you have more time to attack them safely. Check out the Shotgun in PD, and you'll find something similar. They can fire faster than humans, because of an animation delay between shots.

As for the muzzle flash, I haven't any ideas on how to fix that. GE did flicker between each shot, while PD does not. It becomes a much more solid flame. It may be possible to reduce the opacity, since they are just textures in the weapon models. But for how they actually function, it could be something we'll never be able to modify.

Here's the strange thing about Simulants and mines. In PD, they could throw Remote Mines, but they could not detonate them. Oddly enough, they weren't even setup to use Timed Mines at all. They were ranked below unarmed in the preference and usage list. I believe I swapped them around. Now they can use Timed (and are quite good with them), but don't bother using Remotes. I may be incorrect about the remotes, and since I am away from home, I'm unable to check my files. Either way, they still wouldn't be able to trigger them to explode.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
after they've spent their load

Wreck, you should know better!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Me? I think not. Razz

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I saw a Simulant or two throwing remote mines, but like you said Wreck, they don't know how to detonate them. Perhaps there's a way to program them to randomly perform the secondary function so they make them explode. I know that there is a way to make them prefer a secondary function because in PD for example, if you put Crossbow as a weapon, they would always use the secondary instant kill function. However, that's still different from getting them to prefer using the first function but use the second randomly. And if you make them prefer the second function then they'll just run around pressing the detonator without throwing any mines, haha. Maybe that can be useful while trying to test/modify things, hmm...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we've already grown a good understanding of how they use primary and secondary functions, but they just don't know how to detonate their mines. Rare didn't get it setup properly, so I doubt we'll have much more luck. We do know all the distance to attack, ammo count before firing, ammo count before going to get more, prefered order of weapon use, and whether they can use or prefer using secondary functions. That stuff was all setup for release 5a.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SquareGuru's Guide to Hacking Doc and his section "RATE OF FIRE ANY MODS ON FUNCTION" I just checked the speeds more like the Magnum and Laser. with the Magnum I've got to get the shutter speed that exists in goldeneye and to achieve that seems to only be sacrificing the animation. with Laser Moonreaker think I gained more speed like in GE:

This is the code of the Laser:
8106E718

and these are the values ​​with the shutter speed closest thing in GE:
0305 Falcon 2(silenced)Single
0408 MagSec 4-Single Shot
0309 Mauler-Single Shot
030C Rocket Launcher-Rocket
040C KF7 Special-Burst Fire

this is just gameshark code and I have no idea about how to incorporate the results for the next patch.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can look into it some more, but I don't want to lose any special animations on the weapons that do use them. It's probably possible to increase the rate of fire on the Moonraker Laser, without making the Sims abuse it as much. The GE Cougar is like the PD Shotgun, though. Only the magnum does greater damage, so it could be more evident to the player. We'll see what we can do.

If all goes well, I'll be hoping to setup the C-KR Launcher soon. It will be a modified RL, which may have two functions. First would be Targeted Launch, and second would be Fly-by-Wire Missile. No sense in having a regular launch function, since you already have a normal Rocket Launcher and this is a special variation. I guess it should also be added to the VR weapon select list for added enjoyment. Although, now part of me is worried that Targeted may not work with the GE aimer. Hmmm.... Maybe just this one with the PD aimer would be acceptable.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One thing I just cannot figure out no matter what plugins or settings I tried was how to get the clouds and IR effects and such. Nothing I tried works so far. Strange because everyone was saying how the new Jabo plugin worked.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck try to change the model for the CK-R Launcher? That means giving a new look in the first person? on functions for this weapon would be good in the first four rockets fired function both as a rocket launcher that exists in TWINE and the second function if you use the "Fly-by-Wire Missile" it would have to fix everything CamSpy related to the IR-scanner because they do not get to see these artifacts since becoming the first mod, so that the second function would be useless if this problem is not fixed, we would be driving a rocket flying blind.

MJ Bond, that people can relate to rom unpatched, me in the original rom unpatched CamSpy I can see, the IR-scanner without any problem, once patched the rom and I can not see these objects, so I think the problem surje to have altered some of the rom to be patched and do not think the problem may be the plugins or emulator.
indeed there is a patch for the emulator Project 64 1.6, the patch I think is the version 1.6.1 and when I use solve almost every problem with PD and GE.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Mupen runs the new Goldeneye X better than Project 64 does, and is the only emulator that I could get online play working fairly well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The issue with the clouds, IR Scanner, and Fly-by-Wire Missile screen, isn't the ROM itself, but rather the graphics plugin. It seems as though modded GE/PD ROMs don't render these things correctly. All of those effects seem to work properly on console, however. I'm afraid that there is likely nothing we can do to fix this. The plugins may need to be updated in order to work for GoldenEye X. And it may only be for version 5a, if they did it right now. When the next release comes out, it may no longer be supported. It may have something to do with the ROM Checksum. I really don't know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 10 of 21

Jump to: