ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

1964 60FPS bundle for GoldenEye 007/Perfect Dark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GE MASTER
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That was a blast! A few minor issues, but I can honestly say it's silky smooth. We're talking 4 player multiplayer, full screen, and visual settings at pretty much the best possible settings. Perfect Dark may have actually played the best as there weren't any noticeable issues at all. The boys were impressed. Head shots across Egyptian Temple and no haze. GE 2.0 is how I would describe it. My Xbox 360 buddy said, and I agree, that playing PD via this method was equal to the Xbox 360 version!

Couple minor issues:

-using all rockets or all grenade launchers, sometime resulted in shreddies looking explosions and or a glitter effect with the explosions. Strange.

-Perfect Dark the Slayer flyby wire gave a black screen. I was using the new Jabo and I know it's fixed. Not sure, but I will check my settings etc. Not sure if it's because of the emu or what.

-Had really only one freeze up and that may not have been because of the emu but rather the game settings.

-Archives we couldn't play without one player spawning inside another. Always loaded the level that way. Odd.

Stolen, thanks for posting this version. It's a better performer in our side by side comparison. They both represent the greatest emu development in years! If you have any insight into those issue, I'd appreciate your expertise. Thanks man!

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE MASTER wrote:
That was a blast! A few minor issues, but I can honestly say it's silky smooth. We're talking 4 player multiplayer, full screen, and visual settings at pretty much the best possible settings. Perfect Dark may have actually played the best as there weren't any noticeable issues at all. The boys were impressed. Head shots across Egyptian Temple and no haze. GE 2.0 is how I would describe it. My Xbox 360 buddy said, and I agree, that playing PD via this method was equal to the Xbox 360 version!

I'm glad to hear everything went well.

GE MASTER wrote:
Couple minor issues:

-using all rockets or all grenade launchers, sometime resulted in shreddies looking explosions and or a glitter effect with the explosions. Strange.

Most likely video plugin based error. Not much I can do about this.

GE MASTER wrote:
-Perfect Dark the Slayer flyby wire gave a black screen. I was using the new Jabo and I know it's fixed. Not sure, but I will check my settings etc. Not sure if it's because of the emu or what.

Video plugin based error, again, I can't really fix this.

GE MASTER wrote:
-Had really only one freeze up and that may not have been because of the emu but rather the game settings.

I suspect this is emulator related, since N64 games were never designed for a 600 Mhz overclock. I'll have to look into this.

GE MASTER wrote:
-Archives we couldn't play without one player spawning inside another. Always loaded the level that way. Odd.

That's normal, Archives are disabled if you have too many players, because there are not enough spawns for 4 players.

GE MASTER wrote:
Stolen, thanks for posting this version. It's a better performer in our side by side comparison. They both represent the greatest emu development in years! If you have any insight into those issue, I'd appreciate your expertise. Thanks man!

Glad to help, but all of this is possible thanks to RetroRalph's Ultrafast source release.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stolen, I just gave this a go, but I still can't maintain 60FPS, even in GE. I suppose a single core 2.33GHz processor is to blame ?

I'll lower res to 640x480 and see the results. Was only using 3D8

Why is there a kailleraclient ? Does this 60FPS build sync ?

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
stolen, I just gave this a go, but I still can't maintain 60FPS, even in GE. I suppose a single core 2.33GHz processor is to blame ?

2.33GHz is quite slow, but give these settings a shot. Set the graphics plugin to Jabo 1.5.2 with these settings. Make sure to select the full screen resolution to 16 bit, as it can run faster.

Also, if you're trying to play a patched/modded version of GE, you'll need to copy over the rom settings to the modded rom.

mistamontiel wrote:

No, as it runs at a unclocked rate, and would introduce timing issues with the RNG.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stolen wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:

No, as it runs at a unclocked rate, and would introduce timing issues with the RNG.

I should point out the latest version of the bundle now includes a multiplayer client/server for GE. It's still work in progress and there are a few things that have yet to be synced, such as doors, explosions and MWTGG mode.

Bump: GE-MP is updated. Now syncs inventory and MWTGG and flag tag are now supported. Also included is the ability to spawn with a PP7 (see host settings).

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fantastic to hear that you finally got it to sync, Stolen.

GE-MP is a great program as well with this 60 frames emulator.
Great work Smile keep it up

Xirix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm quite excited to try out this new emulator, I keep getting annoying border-crap with Project64 when I play Goldeneye, but the website with the download link doesn't seem to be responding. :/

Is there somewhere else I can download it? And are the texture packs worth grabbing as well?

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Xirix wrote:
the website with the download link doesn't seem to be responding. :/ Is there somewhere else I can download it?

Sorry about that. The files are hosting on a "free" server, so there is bound to have some downtime. Try it now, it should be working.

Xirix wrote:
And are the texture packs worth grabbing as well?

No, the textures are very inconsistent with style and quality (still learning photoshop), so it's best to just stick with the default textures, which is what Rare intended for the game to look like.

Last edited by stolen on Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Xirix
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, it works now. Thank you for that. Smile

juke
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome! keep up the good work!

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Archives are disabled if you have too many players, because there are not enough spawns for 4 players.

Every stage has at least four spawns. The lowest number belongs to Basement.
Archives: there's two cubicle spawns, room upstairs, room downstairs, back hall, pillar room, and two hallway spawns. So yes, that would be a bug.

Actually player limitations are due to room blackout issues which is tied to a memory allocation issue. It's more noticable in the backzone admittantly, and even with four players and explosives the stage is remarkably stable.
Same goes for Bunker II, though that mostly involves the combination jail, outside, control room, and the storage room. Cut out the exterior and the worst thing you'll get is image corruption.
To get blackouts in Egypt you need a player who can see the large rooms while another couple run through the tunnels. It should have been flagged for 3 players at least.

Worst offender is Caverns which can blackout with 3 players. Long visibility and complexity are a bad combination; if you leave too many doors open it only augments the issue. If you force Silo, Depot, or Frigate multiplayer it won't take long to work out why they didn't include them--especially Silo.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

juke wrote:
Awesome! keep up the good work!

Thanks for downloading.

zoinkity wrote:
Every stage has at least four spawns. The lowest number belongs to Basement.
Archives: there's two cubicle spawns, room upstairs, room downstairs, back hall, pillar room, and two hallway spawns. So yes, that would be a bug.

Ah okay, thanks for the explanation.

Considering that there is more then 2 spawns in Archives, why do players spawn on top of each other if you play with 4 players?

Edit: Thanks for the explanation, I must sound so stupid.

Last edited by stolen on Sun May 05, 2013 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it has to do with proximity. It tries to load the players in different locations, but if it detects that two are too close to each other, it'll skip to another spawn point. In Archives, there are instances where a spawn will be almost in the same position as one on the next floor. In these circumstances, it's possible that the game changes the pad for one of the players to begin on, and winds up putting them at the same location as another player. I ran into the same problem before with a custom Frigate map.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's an emulator-specific bug then, because it has never happened once on console, via GS or backup device. We play it a lot.

Mathmatically it shouldn't fail the proximity test either unless you ignore stage scale or something absurd like that. When stage scale is factored in the worst offender would be Library, since it has three spawns within 1000 units of each other. If the multipliers aren't factored in then any large stage is going to do that to you, on account of the difference in clipping units being proportionally smaller.

It is known emulators goof up some of the distance tests. For instance, the camera is positioned wrong in Dam and Surface, maybe others. Nemu's especially bad, where rendering fails when you hit a negative y position due to a convoluted reason.

buvk
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey stolen, is it possible to make the mouse injector compatible with some other emulators?

was hoping to see support for mupen64plus 1.99.5 and pj64

thanks Smile

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: