ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

The Perfect Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: The Perfect Editor Reply with quote Back to top

Im decided to try out the Perfect Dark. Well im going to try it. So..Id love to see the differences on how and what makes Perfect Dark Editing so hard.
Is it the way the guards are? There form of speech? Don't know but im going to try it out when I can.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It shouldn't be harder really, I think the game isn't as popular and also less tutorials exist (even though editing is exactly the same). PD Editor also takes up a lot more RAM. Good luck!

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm,im not understanding this at the moment. I choose my setup bin. Then something comes out again saying the level I have chosen then saying pads.
How am I able to get it to a visual?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD has two files (unlike GE who has one). You need to open both setup and pad, and inject/save both setup and pads.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pads are what we called "presets" in GoldenEye. They store the physical position, rotation and sizing of things within a level. It should also contain the AI Path Network. GE had this stuff inside the Setup file, but PD put it into a separate file.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After I hit the bin for the level,then I saw it said pads and the name of the level i choose. I just hit open. Said edit in progress. Then as i tried to open the visual editor it said error importing. What did I go wrong?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I fear you're having a memory issue. Try chicago, it's the smallest.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The message of error importing still came out. Guess I can't do Perfect Dark then.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Acually I think I can edit them. I hit level bare bones before I did visual editor and it loaded. I just gotta clean out my computer because sometimes its not even loading any goldeneye levels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: