ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Stroage Gameshark Problems!?!?!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Stroage Gameshark Problems!?!?!? Reply with quote Back to top

I have a problem with my gameshark pro. 3.2. it says that I have zero code space hen I only have 2 goldeneye games to store my codes but are very small and before I turned it off it said 12%Code Space Avalible now it says 0% Code Space avalbile what happened@

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've experienced that problem a few times.
Right now I have a GameShark with zero percent code space available and not a single game listed. Whenever I attempt to create a new game title, it crashes. The codelist must have been corrupted somehow. Can you still use it for hacking? Mine will start with the Code Generator activated, atleast. It's fine for little things, but it doesn't quite cut it anymore.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you ever used it to download or upload codes from your pc? I experienced these problems as well. I think a lot of it has to do with COMMS. The communication thingy in the shark that talks to your pc. Generally I can get it back into a pretty good swing if I download THEN upload my newest code list back into it again. Sometimes simply powering it down and turning it back on again seems to do the trick. It also will sometimes take several tries if you are switching between using ONE set of codes for ONE level MOD versus a different one. Damn thing seems to go into some sort of default setup thing or something. Just be patient and play with it. It will eventually figure itself out Wink ...hopefully. Shocked

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Code list corruption. Usually this happens because the thing swas coded like crap and it really, really doesn't handle deleting codes or games through the menu well. It can be salvaged...

Easy way is to just take a early dump of your list, add the codes it's missing, and upload them.

Otherwise, you need to recreate the list from a binary extraction. The trick is to figure out where the flaw was, which is usually just the number of games present or the number of codes under the heading. From there you ... crap, I never actually posted the code list parser, did I? Well, I'll try to rememeber it next week. Well, with a valid list it can extract the codes from the binary to be used as text or patch a rom and upload it with the amendment.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah that is what I thought too Zoink. Seems to be okay if you just re-upload your code list with any codes you need added and start it with a fresh list.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: