ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

LAG and GE Online (Why is it so accpeted?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thread should exist and you know nothing about what causes lag.
i had 80 ping on odin and it played the same as when i have 30 ping.

you need to stop acting like mr know it all because you know nothing.
youre one of the people so used to lag that you don't understand how big a difference lags makes while playing GE..

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I had under 150 ping at that time, ping spoofed to 90 to less my control delay to 8 frames and went very smooth. I even streamed this.
Almost lagless.

But there are times like 2 days ago I lagged pretty bad at Odin.
Oh well.

@notatroll - sure you can play the same with 80 and then 30 ping - your control delay is just more delayed in frames.

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

see server ping is tricky.. because it is almost never the same when you leave and come back..

say i enter and im at 90 ping, the 90 ping will only be there for when i first entered and after that (ugh hard to explain) i will really be 30 ping. (but i will still show as 90 at the server unless i leave)

the 90 ping is just what i happened to have at that second i entered, but the packets i send will be 30 ping and not 90 ping, so i will not lag or lose any controller delays...

so that's what i meant when i said ping don't matter..

last night black?star had 45 ping and lagged the game like crazy..
last night i had 90 ping and the game was smooth as can be with astro..

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

speedruntrainer wrote:
Well, I had under 150 ping at that time, ping spoofed to 90 to less my control delay to 8 frames and went very smooth. I even streamed this.
Almost lagless.

But there are times like 2 days ago I lagged pretty bad at Odin.
Oh well.

@notatroll - sure you can play the same with 80 and then 30 ping - your control delay is just more delayed in frames.
youre from overseas so youre expected to have high ping, lol.. speed we need to play man its been to long... you know im always down to p2p..

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An important thing to factor in is the fact that GE is not coded for online play. TRUE online games use prediction code to fill in the gaps where commands from the other player(s) are slow to arrive. In GE's case, if the information isn't coming in super-fast all the time, the action pauses.

This is why playing Halo 1 online via tunneling software is never as smooth as the online-enabled sequels.

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im happy to even still have a chance to still play after all these years Smile im still blown to play this game online. most people dont have that oppurtunity joe. i feel bad for lagging someone else from playing the way they want but its up to the other person whether they want to play or not. your the only one complaining about this LOLL

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok time for me to explain something to you Joe. No one is like you. Everyone is completely different. If you joined back in 2009 you would be used to the lag because it was worse back in the day. Everything has improve since then. Also to remind those that I used to be above 200 ping back in 2009 with my terrible computer/Internet my old name was 002 back in the day. And yet everyone still played with me. So your argument is invalid. Your starting up useless topics that starts arguments are nothing but a waste of time in my own opinion. Also next of all those so called lag games of your's. Only because your not used to it. Everyone else is. And yet those who were not never complain about it unlike you. They grown used to it and play along because its there favorite game. Also in the game we played a day ago. If you consider that lag. Then leave the online community because you won't find a better none lag then that. Because the Mupen emulator will lag terribly at times. But even when the ping is low on the server. The server it self might be the problem. So before you blame a player about lag. Blame the server first. Before you blame someone that not might be the one lagging. Also P2P games help as well if you are smart enough to figure out how to Portfoward. Anyway I am not trying to flame you. I am just tired of all the useless topics that you keep bringing up about some kind of argument over something that some people could careless about completely. So to shorten all this for that little brain of yours. If you can't handle the tiny bit of lag then please just stop playing online. People will be better off with out you anyway. Wink

TigglesWorth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
Ok time for me to explain something to you Joe. No one is like you. Everyone is completely different. If you joined back in 2009 you would be used to the lag because it was worse back in the day. Everything has improve since then. Also to remind those that I used to be above 200 ping back in 2009 with my terrible computer/Internet my old name was 002 back in the day. And yet everyone still played with me. So your argument is invalid. Your starting up useless topics that starts arguments are nothing but a waste of time in my own opinion. Also next of all those so called lag games of your's. Only because your not used to it. Everyone else is. And yet those who were not never complain about it unlike you. They grown used to it and play along because its there favorite game. Also in the game we played a day ago. If you consider that lag. Then leave the online community because you won't find a better none lag then that. Because the Mupen emulator will lag terribly at times. But even when the ping is low on the server. The server it self might be the problem. So before you blame a player about lag. Blame the server first. Before you blame someone that not might be the one lagging. Also P2P games help as well if you are smart enough to figure out how to Portfoward. Anyway I am not trying to flame you. I am just tired of all the useless topics that you keep bringing up about some kind of argument over something that some people could careless about completely. So to shorten all this for that little brain of yours. If you can't handle the tiny bit of lag then please just stop playing online. People will be better off with out you anyway. Wink

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is a general warning to all parties: the flame war stops now.

Any further flaming will lead to intervention by the moderators.
Do not attempt to defend your position.

Only constructive comments from now on. If you have a suggestion on how to reduce lag on either the emulator side or via settings, please feel free to post it. P2P networking, kaillera settings, etc. that might improve gameplay are certainly welcome.

However, any further personal or indirect attacks will result in this thread being locked and possible moderator intervention on the responsible parties.

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
only thing this post proves is that lag is excepted. ty

TigglesWorth
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

notatroll wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:
only thing this post proves is that lag is excepted. ty

Are you sure? I thought it also served to prove that you're a bigger idiot than we all previously thought.
Keep it up, brother, you're giving the community a good laugh.

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im giving a good laugh over a valid argument?

lag is a serious issue when it comes to online gaming but for some reason goldeneye players are immune to it.

is it because it is so hard to find players, that you have no choice but to play laggy matches?

i really don't understand why people put themselves through that type of torture.

so far every response has proven my point even further because youre just defending people who lag.

with that being said, i stated my thoughts on the matter and i see no reason to respond anymore.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Than I see no reason for this thread to remain open.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: