ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye Remake
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Goldeneye Remake Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know if this is the right place to post, so if I'm wrong, please modders feell free to move my thread to the right place.

So, I'm starting to make a Remake of Goldeneye for PC.

Would like to know your opinion about this, since the project is in the beginning.

Here i'm talking about the development process.

GoldeneEye Revolution

1. What is?

Goldeneye Revolution is an independent remake of Rareware's game 007:Goldeneye. Unlike the original game, GE:R is for PC only.

2. What of original game will cover?

GE:R will be Single Player only. I'll try to make all the originals missions, and the
    gameplay will be respected at all, with just little adjusts to fit PC's FPS controls.

3. Who the hell are you?

I'm a big fan of Goldeneye. I have about nine years of Game Development experience. I never
    worked in Game Industry, so I'm an independent guy, just making games for fun. In my life, I
    already made some projects using the most known technologies, such as Unreal Engine, Source
    Engine, iDTEch, CryEngine, Unity, Blender, and some others that were kind of irrelevant. I'm
    not an artist (really, I'm not) but as a programmer, I think I can deal with it. By the way,
    I'm from Brazil.

4. What about the missions?

I'll remake all maps, and the objectives will be the same. Think about this as a Goldeneye
    that you can play in your PC, a little different because of the graphics, but very very
    similar to the original one. I'll really ctrl v Rare's design. but with nowadays technology.

5. What is the price?

Of course, its free. Free for everyone. But, if you can contribute with some opinions, well,
    will not buy me a beer, but will make me very happy.

6. What do you have so far?

Nothing. Actually I'm just planning and messing around with some assets I'll use. But soon
    you can have more info about. I'll comment some development steps in GE:R blog, and you can
    see it here: goldeneyerevolution.webs.com

7. Are you making it by yourself?

So far, yes. But help is more than welcome. I need moddelers and animators at the moment. let
    me know if you can help me make this ambicious project.

Goldeneye Revolution
goldeneyerevolution.webs.com

Hope you guys like it.

Thanks.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sounds all very interesting, best of luck. looking forward to your future progress.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, sounds great. Best of luck with that, but it will be a lot of hard work. Do you have any links for your existing work, to show us what you are capable of?

I take it you've heard of Goldeneye X, which is basically Goldeneye transfered to the Perfect Dark engine? It's similar to what you are talking about, but for the N64 rather than the PC, obviously.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love the idea!
it seems that more and more big goldeneye mods are coming, now we have ge X, goldfinger 64, somewhere I believe on this forum there was a subject called goldeneye hd...
well, I can only say good luck to such big ambition!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea diffently looking forward to Goldeneye HD, wonder how its coming along.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What engine will you be using?

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thankyou guys for you support, it really helps me a lot.

So, answering:

Kerr Avon wrote:
Wow, sounds great. Best of luck with that, but it will be a lot of hard work. Do you have any links for your existing work, to show us what you are capable of?

Yes, the link only of GE:R was above, I will describe the development there, but I also would love to update here, maybe in a official thread here in ShootersForever.

Existing works, I have some, but nothing online actually. Maybe this (please don't judge by this, is a very very old projetc :p )

The link is http://my.gamedev.com.br/sanatoriogame/

Quote:
I take it you've heard of Goldeneye X, which is basically Goldeneye transfered to the Perfect Dark engine? It's similar to what you are talking about, but for the N64 rather than the PC, obviously.

Yes, I do have GE:X in my pc and I love it. Also, is an excellent idea make Goldeneye in Rare's improved Engine (actually, we were waiting this after Goldeneye in N64, right?)

Quote:
What engine will you be using?

Well, the main engine is Unreal, running up in UDK 2012 November build.

But, I will use (of course) much more than this. At the moment, I'm used in development:

Unreal Engine 3 - Engine
Goldeneye Editor 2.4 - Studying maps and getting some assets
Blender - Modelling / Animating / Texturizing chars
FL Studio - Remaking Music and Sounds
Visual Studio 2010 - Coding, coding, coding
Filter Forge 3 - Procedural Texture Assets

and a lot of others little softwares related to conversions and others tricks.

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So, I was working on Mesh Displacement of weapons, and working with Weapons materials. This PP7 you are seeing is as simple as the original one (at the moment, it actually has no firing fucntions, is just a mesh).

And the Dam level is being done, slowly... Proportions will be maintained.

This week I want to make a video showing some step on development. I'll let you know guys. Thanks!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool Smile

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, looks very nice so far Smile
I see you put effort in trying to respect rare's originals.
Keep doing your best! Very Happy

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, this is exactly what I want. For example, in Goldeneye Source, you can (optionally) jump. I understand that make sense, since they are dealing with MP experience. But in Revolution version, the single player Gameplay will be the same (well, I'll try my best)

About this map, actually what you are seeing is an exported version from the emulator. That's the real Rare map. I use it as blueprint, so I can map using brushes respecting proportions.

A lot of thing inside this remake is Rare's work reviewed and reworked for me. The idea is to give the same sensations of when we played Goldeneye in N64.

ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very good work so far!
I can't wait to see more snapshots of your progress!

---
Completed Levels: Missile Facility, Research Complex, Prison, Infiltration

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have fun with the project, and don't get discouraged if it takes a while to finish. Too many promising projects fizzle away after a few months, and it would be a shame to see another one go up in smoke from impatience.

It's pretty neat, hope everything goes smoothly for you ;*)

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks amazing. I hope you will continue this project to the end. And maybe you can get some help along the way. Because this looks promising compared to most projects I've seen. so good luck. And I hope to see a lot of updates from you J.D.

J.D.
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guys, really: Thanks for your support. It helps me a lot to continue. This is awesome.

So, assuming I'm not an artist (I'll realize this soon, thats why I need help from some experienced 3D artist...If you know some around, please show this) I tried to make the very first Prop of GE:R. The metal bridge in Dam Level.

By the way, I'm kind of following the game cronologic events in development too. So, all the Dam Props will be made first, and so on.

Here are the results:

Original from GoldenEye (Rare)

My version in Blender textured

As you can see, I'm really respecting the look of original game.

Finally, (still with no lightning) the engine rendered version

Step by step...

Thanks again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: