ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GE:X - Fifth Official Patch Released! @ 09-22-12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On one hand nobody wants the slightest bit of the background altered to accomodate PD nuances, and on the other they want features that can only be added by modifying the background. Something has to give.

To spawn in the vents you need a big, blocky room like in PD's Felicity. Nothing else will do.
You'll still be able to crawl the vents in single player.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The IR Scanner allows users to see cloaked opponents. PD originally had the X-Ray Scanner. In comparison, I'd say Infrared is a heck of a lot more useful.

The shotgun shells is a different matter. Since there aren't any weapons already in Perfect Dark that replicates this feature, I'm not sure if we'll be able to get it going. The Devastator is a per-clip basis, and it feeds each grenade down a conveyor into the weapon. The Magnum keeps six bullets loaded at all times. Even if you don't have enough to reload the full six rounds, you'll still see six go in and/or come out. Shotgun's are based on their reserve ammo. Setting this up will not be a simple task.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The duct spawn was always a lousy death sentence anyway.

IR scanner is a great addition to multiplayer when cloaking is available. I have no idea why Rare didn't include it in PD. (I can kind of understand the X-Ray Scanner, even if it's pretty annoying to use in practice, but between the two IR is much more useful.)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
The IR Scanner allows users to see cloaked opponents. PD originally had the X-Ray Scanner. In comparison, I'd say Infrared is a heck of a lot more useful.

Totally agree, and like Dragonsbrethren I can't imagine why Rare put in the X-Ray scaner (which I don't think I've ever used in multiplayer) but not the Infrared scanner, when the latter would clearly be much more useful for matches with invisible/cloaked opponents.

Regarding the Facility vents spawning, I'm personally not bothered if it's in the game or not.

Do you have much more work to do before a release of v5b, BTW? I know you don't want to be pinned down on a release date (and you're right not to, of course), but do you have a lot planned before release, or are you now just making last minute changes?

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, I used the X-ray scanner for my 'Predator' matches.

You start any level with the Perfect Darkness cheat on (I loved Skedar and Temple for this one), so the level is black and all people start with night vision googles. But they lose the googles when they die, so they have to wander the map until they find a gun or the X-ray scanner to see something.

Only the survivors can win... Twisted Evil

Can the IR-Scanner act as night vision too?

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

The shotgun shells is a different matter. Since there aren't any weapons already in Perfect Dark that replicates this feature, I'm not sure if we'll be able to get it going. The Devastator is a per-clip basis, and it feeds each grenade down a conveyor into the weapon. The Magnum keeps six bullets loaded at all times. Even if you don't have enough to reload the full six rounds, you'll still see six go in and/or come out. Shotgun's are based on their reserve ammo. Setting this up will not be a simple task.

Thanks for the info on the IR Scanner. It makes sense to have this along with cloaking device. Now I know to keep a slot open for it during a cloaked match. Sogun's idea for making it have a night vision function isn't bad either.

Hmmm, I just thought of something. Is it possible to replace the Punches in unarmed for the 'Pistol Whip' animation in PD that is the Falcon's secondary function. Only this time with no pistol model for the animation. Since you were able to make changes with certain secondary functions. This would make the pistol whip animation closest to the chop/slapper in Goldeneye. If this is possible the only thing left would be to make it not break glass walls or heck since this is an X-perience leave the breaking glass feature in.

Update: It looks like the reasoning for the glass break using the pistol whip function is cause of the falcon weapon being used. Also just came to me is the animation of a 'Double' pistol whip. In GE007 the chop/slapper has two animations. One backhand chop and the other that shows palm of the hand. Maybe make it so that the left arm of the pistol whip is the normal animation of the slapper that shows the palm of the hand and the right arm of the pistol whip the backhand chop of the slapper. That would make it two animations to put in for unarmed with using only one arm instead of two. Maybe it's a better idea if you can try to work on getting just one animation of the pistol whip to work for unarmed first for now. Basically make the pistol whip animation act as a secondary function for unarmed as a first step. After all this is James Bond 007 we are talking about here who uses karate chops to attack not punches like he's a boxer.

Example. See how you changed the three mines and grenade models from PD and changed them into Goldeneye ones. All you would have to do is remove the Falcon model out of the hand so that way it's barehanded as it swings. Then some how put it under the unarmed inventory as a secondary or primary function if possible. I would suggest just use one animation and the one arm swing this time instead of two. Just keep it simple like the slapper/chop in Goldeneye.

Also you can probably try and replace the swing/whip sound effects for the pistol whip to the slapper/chop sound effect from Goldeneye. Seeing as when you try and hit the floor with the 'unarmed whip' you might hear metallic sound effects. Maybe replace the sounds of hitting a wall or the floor with the same thud sound effect used for the punches since it's supposed to be barehand. It will still sound like a pistol is being used when hitting a wall or floor that's why I brought up the thud sound effect.

I can wait for a longer delay in v5b's release if this feature is implemented for it! Very Happy

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys I just found out that the "Slash" primary function of the combat knife in PD also has the same slapper/chop motion as Goldeneye. This time the Slash has BOTH necessary animations for the slapper attack. I would test out the pistol whip and the slash animations to see which one looks more CLOSER to the chop/slapper in Goldeneye. For the slash I would recommend using the same method that I mentioned before for the pistol whip. Remove the knife model from the hand (like the method you did to change the PD model to the GE model of the knife) and see the animation without the knife on the hand. It has both of the attack animations like you see in GE007. Then place the modified animation into the unarmed inventory as a primary or secondary function and see how it turns out. For the slash animation I believe more slapper sound effects need to be added since the slash of the knife has that knife Swoosh sound effect on it and when you hit the knife onto a surface you hear the steel sound effect as well. That's where the 'thud' sound effect should be. Also I just looked into the attack damage and it depletes most of the health bar. Two slashes with the knife and you're dead. The attack damage can be looked into afterwards to make it have the same damage level effect as the slapper from GE007.

By the way, I change my mind on my last comment If this can't be tested for now I don't mind it being tested once after v5b is released. Getting the correct firing rates for the Grenade Launcher and Moonraker Laser should be the last priorities left for the weapons on this version. Then again this is not my call more like my opinion on the matter. Anyway, I hope you guys look into the new idea for the slapper animation whenever you decide to do so.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is difficult to adjust the shutter speed laser gun in PD (I've tested this with gameshark codes), thus it is difficult to Moonreaker Laser weapon and especially if this weapon is using laser PD slot. from what I have seen you can get a fairly steady shot or a shot too slow. perhaps as only idea I can give, other slot can be used as different and not doing so far, precisely the PD laser uses only the speeds I've said it before and yet it is impossible to find the actual speed using Laser Moonreaker in the GE. when changing slot that also mean changing the coloration as was done with other weapons for GEX aliens in previous patches. I'm sure changing the slot Laser can use different speeds which allows the laser PD. excuse me but I do not like calling slots anyway maybe just need to use data from another different slot and place them in the slot Laser PD.

I hope I have made ​​a different way to address this problem and have helped so that the arms issue is not the stumbling block.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just wanted to let everyone know that 5b's release is coming soon! A patch has been sent out for testing, and TH126 has been capturing gameplay footage for a new trailer. Certain things may not make it in for this release, so it is very possible that there will be a 5c version made public sometime afterward.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds great. Will the trailer footage be of the console or emulator or both?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Just wanted to let everyone know that 5b's release is coming soon! A patch has been sent out for testing, and TH126 has been capturing gameplay footage for a new trailer. Certain things may not make it in for this release, so it is very possible that there will be a 5c version made public sometime afterward.

Great! When 5b comes out, will you be telling us what you'll be changing/adding for 5c, or is it not too definite yet? Either way, please keep us updated with progress reports, it's great to be kept in the loop.

Edit: I have to ask, why is it being set out to private testers to ascertain if it's fit to be openly released to anyone? Since it's a demonstration beta anyway, surely it's better to openly release it, so we can all try it, and find the bugs (if any exist), which you can then fix for 5c. It's not like 5b is intended to be a final, bug-free release - it's a beta and a showcase for how much is already done, plus we (on this fourm) are in contact (via the forum) with you so we can easily report any problems we find, or ask questions about anything we think might be a bug/glitch/over-sight.

If 5b was a commercial release, or a release to people who weren't aware of it's beta/in progress status, then it would make sense to test the release first, but under the circumstances I don't see why 5b has to be beta tested before release.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The trailer is up!
I've listed the link in another Sticky thread in this forum.

TH126 recorded all footage via emulation.

Why beta testing? Because I'm a perfectionist! Razz
Seriously, I'd like to weed out as many problems as possible before releasing it to the public. Don't want people complaining about this or that, when we could have fixed it beforehand. Anything that is discovered after 5b is made available, can be addressed and (hopefully) resolved for the next release.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't wait to play it! Specially with Cradle in it.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yay! Friday, so no more work for two whole days (well, I've got three reports to type up, but that won't eat up much time), so lots of time to play version 5b!

(That's a hint, wreck!).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19
Page 19 of 19

Jump to: