ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Emulation possible?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Perfect Emulation possible? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi @ all,

I followed the tutorial on the (great!) goldeneyeforever fansite. But unfortunately I get missing textures. First texture missing is the background on the title screen of Goldeneye N64.

Can someone please zip up his/her emulation folder (without the roms of course)?
That would be amazing since all the plugins and settings are already installed.

Thanks in advance! Can't wait to hook up my PC to the big screen to play N64 with my brothers and sisters as in the good old times!

Best wishes from Germany!

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hallo und willkommen mein Freund!

Hier ist dein 'Emu Paket' für dich.
http://76.123.90.150/Project64_1.6.rar

Es ist Project64 und hat gut Plugins. Muss gut spiele.

Entschuldigung, Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich lerne. Alles gut

notatroll
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

get mupen betta+++ it is the preferred emulator

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

notatroll wrote:
get mupen betta+++ it is the preferred emulator

For Multiplayer, yes, but for playing Goldeneye Singleplayer, PJ64 1.6.1 is the preferred emulator.

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like Mupen 0.5 the best for singleplayer Smile

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all your support!

just wanted to try 1964 ultrafast and I am very satisfied with the overclocked results. no more frame drops on goldeneye!!! I think it is the only emulator that can give you a smooth goldeneye experience.

BUT the multiplayer does flicker as hell and is unplayable. tried all the different video settings, but cannot seem to find the right one.

what the hell do I have to switch on/off to avoid that flickering in multiplayer?

I am using all the default 1964 ultrafast plugins.

fantsu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I don't think that is possible on ultrafast plugin. It has some issues.
Can you send us the specs of your computer, so we could help with your problems?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The flicker is caused when frame buffer emulation is disabled.

What's happening is screen one is rendered and drawn, then screen two is rendered, drawn, and appened to it so to speak. It's like pasting two pictures to a sheet of paper, and that sheet of paper is the frame buffer.

Without it active, it's like a flipbook where each page has only one image. Every time you flip a page one of the screens isn't there. The alternation causes the flicker.

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am using pistol grip 1964 by stolen! that works like a charm even in multiplayer. now I just have to (cheat) unlock all multiplayer levels in my PAL version and life is good again Wink

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.vidup.de/v/Q2tmy/

Time to invite my sisters and brothers and play like in old times again (just this time it is FullHD and smooth!).

Great, thanks again!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maaan ya'll need some N64 controller adapters Smile

Have fun, remember we are always here to assist !!

nadbohr
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thanks! great community!

N64 controllers would definetely rise the feel of nostalgia, but they are extremely expensive (@ amazon around 400 bucks for one original controller) and my old ones are worn out (tha analogue stick of course).

the good thing about the 4 360 controllers I use is:
the handling is very close to perfect and they will not wear out as fast as the N64 ones.

so, for the moment I am fine with that.
Can't wait for the Easter holidays to come. That's when I am going to arrange my setup in my parents house to invite my sisters and brothers. Especially now, 15 years after our great Goldeneye time, I am excited to see how it feels again and if it is the same fun it was then.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Someone should make an "N64 card" for the PC, a sort of graphics card add on that has the N64 chips on it, so emulators can access it and the card does all the processing, and the emulator does non-demanding stuff like control input and simulating the controller pak and cartridge game saving Cool

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's...a terrible idea. Just buy an EverDrive. Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if same thing, but I'd like to see an "N64 on a chip", but they enhance it, such as bigger texture cache, 16 meg memory, can set speed up, etc. Of course, not sure games can take advantage of it, but at least new ones could

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: