ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

setup files
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The cool part about making a setup file, is that you can use it for either uploading to console or ROM patching purposes. The setup file can be uploaded to your cheating device via comms link connection to your PC and played on actual Nintendo64 console. With the same binary, it's easy to compress it with the Rarepress tool that Zoinkity has hosted on his website, than replace an existing setup with your new one. I've done this recently with a condensed & corrected version of the Bunker ii multiplayer. I'm expecting a reply from TS_Death_Angel anytime, to confirm whether or not the patched ROM can be read using a Z64 or CD64. I've also been successful in doing this with a test version of Bunker i multi and an early trial of the Caves mission, but I've not had them tested on anything other than a computer. KCGhost (by the way, where is he?) was sent both ips patches, of which he said worked well. Basically, a new setup file can go a long way.

Modifying the Jungle to work in multiplayer, I was able to get it running in 2-Player mode with every last bit of flora (plant life) from the mission. The framerate was quite poor during the first test, which is totally understandable when you stop and consider how many objects had been loaded into the map. Further tests proved to be more stable, with the addition of weather being set properly. It'd be a major pain in the butt to go through and label each object, marking where their positions down. That's about the only way to weed out the things you don't need, if you wanted it to run at a higher rate and remain realistic looking. Hacking out coordinates for them would take a long time, so keeping the presets from the mission setup file is the best thing to do.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

use the SOLO setups then!! that sounds really good to me! Very Happy let me know when you finish this. I'm trying to finish Sumerian tonight. All that's left is weapon placements. Wink

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thats what I used Scott...It seems that the setup file for Archives is a pain in the ass to hack..becuase when you are transfering data you need the right set-up file or you could end up having theall the gaurds iN DAM Laughing

That damn smilie looks like a nerveous laugh dosen't it

Laughing = nervous

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Techno, you guys should be building the setup from scratch, not using the Archives as a base. You'll be severely limited on what you can do when modifying one of the other mission files. Not only that, but the action block would need to be totally changed in order to fill out the actions, spawning characters and objectives necessary for your stage. It's also good to create a new setup to avoid using thousands of lines of codes, which could never be read on console. Believe me, a fresh setup is the only way to go when creating a new mission or multiplayer map.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay..we just need box textures and thast about it other than that the whole leve has it's own setup file

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What do you need box textures for? If you're making a mission setup file for the Library, there's no reason to do that. All of them are intact and ready to go. There are several different box objects to choose from, each having (mostly) unique appearances. Unless you guys are deadset on making a brand new box for your mission, there's plenty available already.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it's becuase According to the Library's files boxes weren't included it was mostly computers.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Solo setups are incompatible with multiplayer for two reasons:
1: object types that crash multiplayer. not al lcode is loaded, so if it tries to parse these, it hits null memory and keeps going until some code - any code - is found. This is bad. However, item types can be rerouted and disabled.

2: guard activities are not loaded. This isn't an issue really unless they were on a path and reference something that doesn't exist. Guards and multiplayer are actually compatible, though the targetting is problematic.

3: The number of objects in multiplayer isn't an issue. The number of *unique* objects is. For instance, you can load runway with filing cabinets, a plane, the table, doors, and *that's about it*. There is only a finite amount of memory, and unfortunately it limits how many different objects may load. However, you can place maybe a hundred mines on the runway itself, and it should load fine.

Also, for the record, my Dam multiplayer had doors and weapons ;*) You just have to be sneaky.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

technoPP7 wrote:
it's becuase According to the Library's files boxes weren't included it was mostly computers.

Didn't you say you were using the Archives as a setup before? There isn't a single computer to be found in either the Military Archives or the Library. Boxes can be included in any stage, so long as you put them in. It's as simple as changing which image model is supposed to load as a certain object. Where in the world are you getting computers from? Did you use a different setup by accident, which could be causing your errors?

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well Archives can have computers in it if I chnage the item images so I chnaged box images into computer images

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Than all you'll need to do is change some of those computers back into boxes. There shouldn't be any texture modifications involved in this project, unless you plan on making a briefing photograph for the mission, or really want to change the look of something for a reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: