ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

UPDATE: DeepSea w teleports *coming soon*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: UPDATE: DeepSea w teleports *coming soon* Reply with quote Back to top

I'm hoping to have this done no later than Friday this week. Calculating and placing close to a hundred pads that allow you to go back and forth between six teleports is exhausting Cool . Here's the last beta test before the final release. Haven't adjusted new respawn points just yet so Joanna will teleport upon starting the level because she is too close to one of the pads. I think you'll get the point once you walk toward each portal and go back to where you came from. Wink

Download here:

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 3 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting idea. So does it work, because when it executes the one action, saying if within X units of preset, it triggers you, and then you're far enough away where it doesn't trigger all the rest same spot?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: yes Reply with quote Back to top

"YES" The key is SPACING. If pads are too close together it causes them to use eachother to loop you. If they are spaced farther out then you can *enter and *exit as many times as the action blocks and presets will go. Which BTW....what is the max preset amount and action block amount? lol Have to leave some room for weapon groups Wink

OH ONE MORE THING SUB:

This release basically is a STARTER. I got frustrated trying to get the pads to detect player 2 so this is a 1 PLAYER ONLY teleport option that will allow player 1 to get to wherever player 2 respawns. Wink Which of course will be in areas never travelled in multi Wink

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh you should be able to do a second set to warp player 2 as well. I don't know if there's a limit to pads, if there is, it's huge.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: can you check something for me? Reply with quote Back to top

Your warp block IDs for joanna obviously are a winner Wink However when you try to set it to Velvet player 2 the pads won't warp player 2 I noticed in Solo there are some commands that say return value loop to velvet dark after joanna warps. Do you have any idea what the ids are for the second player and does it use *current actor etc? There HAS to be a way to get a player 2 warp block working if I can UNGODLY amount warp joanna. If we can figure this out it will open a whole new door to warping in other levels. 00Dark was wanting to clip the building tops in datadyne central where the background bulidings are. I had a hack *3 years ago* ( but lost it ) where you would spawn on top of a building with rocket launchers to shoot at datadyne central like a sniper ;D it was awesome Very Happy have to mess with it again

NOTE: Going to see OZ with wifey and will be busy this weekend so I'll get back on here monday

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It uses guard id F5 in solo for Velvet. Did you try that?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to Reply with quote Back to top

Get Velvet into multiplayer combat simulator? I was wondering if it just can't use the ID because Velvet is not selectable in combat simulator. Maybe you have to choose whatever character uses Velvets ID ???? I was also thinking that MAYBE the action block won't work with the missing commands.

Here's what I'm talking about:

CHANGE OF PLANS: Well wifey and I couldn't go to OZ because the baby started running a fever and our sitter bailed so I'm back for a short bit until Monday lol

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: okay my gut tells me Reply with quote Back to top

okay my gut tells me I may be on to something. In Solo you can see where it gives three commands using Joannas action block to return value, etc. to Velvet AND Elvis. Joanna also has these death animation flags on her end so I assume that MAYBE we need them back in there. Wink This would make sense because if the game is programmed to use the same action block for the same characters it would need a command to tell it which one to detect. Hmmmmmmmmmm What do you think Sub? I'll check into all of this next week sometime after I finish the current project. I can always go back and modify everything to use player 2 stuff once we figure out EXACTLY how the action blocks work. DeepSea is my absolute favorite music track and level so YES I'm obsessive over making these teleports work for BOTH players in multi. Wink Perfect Dark is so underrated with GE. I think in many ways it's made better anyway.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: