ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark JAPAN - A closer look

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Perfect Dark JAPAN - A closer look Reply with quote Back to top

My Japanese PD arrived in the mail that I had ordered a while ago, more as a collector item, than as to play as these things go for about 60 to 70 USD per cart (I convinced the owner to drop it down to 40, thankfully). As I unboxed, the first thing I noticed was 'Wow, this bubble wrap is really weird looking'. I took it out of it's double-layer bubbliciousness, and observed the carts condition. The non-labled grey part of the cart is absolutely spotless, while the label'd part is in ok condition, but many visible scratches. I then booted the game up, and recorded what I saw.
These were my first impressions.

Un-resized huge res version here: http://76.123.90.150/100_3788.jpg
More here: http://s1000.beta.photobucket.com/user/PureSki11z/library/Perfect%20Dark (Cool images huh? Managed to get them all in focus. If you're curious about backside, no wear to it, just Japanese writing.)

Once I boot the cart, I noticed that the intro scene is vastly different, having a circling 'pd/N' in red instead of it's chromatic looking color for the NTSC and PAL releases. The graphic when the sound is made, is also red with the words 'Perfect Dark' in English at the back, and Japanese in the foreground. Joanna's face is also changed for their release, and the New Profile default pic was changed as well. At the start I rifle through the various profiles that the owners before me had made. I was checking to
see how much of the game they had completed.

I speed run/walk through the first three levels, then proceed to demonstrate the use of the 'Falcon 2', originally Throwing Knife, in Attack Ship. After this, I play some Combat Simulator to kill some time
and explore the menus. My brother was next to me as I played, and we were conversing about the game's differences, which led me to remember that Shield's exist in this version on Perfect Agent. I first checked 'dataDyne Central - Investigation', but it appeared the shield was absent. I went to the first level and played through, and then the shield was there. My brother recommended that I check to see if Trent was loaded into the memory in the Crash Site cinema (which he is), opposed to the Crash Site cinema in the v1.0 cart I have, that I also showed him.

Here is the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oXjv3EiGwA&feature=youtu.be

(Sorry! It appears I didn't select the correct sound recording device. In that case, here is some relaxing in-game music instead.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: