ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How are hacked out Multi levels made?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: How are hacked out Multi levels made? Reply with quote Back to top

I guess with my dealing of so many gameshark codes on the Master Goldeneye Gameshark List, i got curious as to how I could make my own codes, So there are some elements I think everyone who is interested in hacking thier own multi arena should know.

1. Respawns: In concept, this should be easy, but really, i have no idea. I can get a coordinate pretty easilily with debug mode, but how does this translate to a gamshark code?

2. Weapons: Again, how do i set what type of weapon and how does coordinates translate to gameshark code?

3.Armour: Armour code, coordinates.

4. Props: How do I put in different props such as crates and barrels? I think glass is complicated, by the looks of it, but is it easy to place objects in a small arena?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent, some genuine interest in multi map making! Very Happy

You may be wondering why I'm so happy to read this, but it's quite simple. I've been working on a few "preset" maps for some multiplayer stages lately. Actually, I did one for the Temple months back. Most recently, the Facility has been in the works. It's basically an overhead map that I pulled from Detstar, modified, then labelled each and every working preset in that arena. This not only helps me to identify where I'm able to place things when putting together a new multi level (Wink), but I also wanted to do this for the non-hackers out there who'd love to try taking a stab at it, too. I supply the codes and the preset map, you design your layout. Sounds easy? It is! I'll probably have the Facility maps done tonight, so you can expect GE Master and myself to be discussing how we'll add this onto the site soon. Smile

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, I would be damm interested in finding out how to make those cheats too, if you have any docs/references or any files useful to learn some basic then more complex stuff, send them on the board, or to my email hehe Smile

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, that would be amazing. I'll seriously be looking into that. New maps are my favorite Goldeneye hacks, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Preset maps completed: Temple, Complex, Facility - Front & Backzones.
Preset maps planned: Caves, Library - Basement & Stack.

I'll be doing the Caves in a moment, since it has very few presets to choose from. Afterwards, the Library will be next. Since it's divided between the Basement & Stack, they'll be listed that way. All three versions of the stage use the exact same presets, so there's only need for the one map.

After I talk with GE Master, we'll see about starting up a new section for them. Smile

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome, I cant wait. Maybe you should teach how to make the preset maps so you dont have to do that work tho, lol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, I was able to complete both the Caves and Library preset maps yesterday. I probably won't be making one for the Caverns, though. Not only is it a massive stage with a ton of presets, but I don't have a map of it. It seems that Detstar never made one, so I'd be left to do one myself. Not that I'd look forward to it, even if I had the dang thing. Bunker ii is a good possibility, as well as Archives. I'll only be doing those that work for multiplayer, no extras - yet. We'll see what happens. Wink

FRKN.FRoG
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if you want i can always take pictures of the map in the player's guide Wink got that thing free a while ago when i subscribed to nintendo power

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How is this going? Have you made any more preset maps? Can you post the maps ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The maps are large and their filesizes are too.
I don't think my ImageShack would host something that big.
Perhaps I could send them to GE Master to upload onto his website.

Edit: I guess the filesize wasn't as bad as I thought. Here's a peek at the Complex...

mrjeffguy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, thanks!

Now if only I could figure out how to use it? Are you going to make some kind of tutorial for it? It would really help

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, I was actually planning on leaving everyone in confusion. Razz Wink
I started writing a basic tutorial, explaining what a preset is and how to use them. I've yet to write out the codes you'll need to use, so the maps don't mean a whole heck of a lot right now. But you can still look at them, if you think they're pretty. Laughing

kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This may or may not help you, but I just stumbled upon an interesting gs code labeled EZ Coordinate Maker on the GScentral cache, details as follows:

EZ-Coordinate Maker 5
80069669 0001
81054FC4 2020
81054FC6 2578
81054FC8 0000
81054FCA 0000
81054FCC 2020
81054FCE 2578
81054FD0 0000
81054FD2 0000
81054FD4 2020
81054FD6 2578
81054FD8 0000
81054FDA 0000

5:
useful for getting starting-point coordinates for the SP levels in Multi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: