ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Please put the NORMAL Citadel back in or else!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00Dark

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Please put the NORMAL Citadel back in or else! Reply with quote Back to top

I swear to God and in the name of GoldenEye, if you don't include the original Citadel map that you had in GE: X before the Aztec-style version then you're a sinner! Just make them both available and rename the other as Aztec Citadel. Pretty, super, duper please! Crying or Very sad

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You mean the ugly, partially textured, paper-thin walled Citadel? The level with no style or polish? The map with floating ramps and no indicators to let players know where they are going? I'd rather be a sinner and keep the version Sogun created.

If you want the other version, you'll have to extract the files from another release of GEX and inject them into the newest one. Pretty simple process. Just remember to update the sky, while you're at it. Wink

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So THAT'S that map I could not recognize.. rofl

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4262766/pics/goldeneye_x_new_citadel.png

00Dark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, now you're full of it! Razz

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tss, you're the sinner for preferring the seizure-inducing original >_>
All jokes aside, we all have different tastes xD

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I would prefer the original because it doesn't display properly on the console. The shadows are annoyingly dark and they flicker in certain areas. When I see videos of people using an emulator it looks good but on the N64 it gets way too dark in many areas and if anything, the flickering shadows are seizure-inducing >_> Razz

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm on the hook for Sogun to fix it, but I can't export with shading yet correctly, some textures get corrupted, so I have been unable to fix it yet.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the new look Citadel (well, I say "new", it's been like this for at least two versions of Goldeneye X, hasn't it?) is much better than it was in v3 (or was it v4?) of GEX, so if we have a vote, I'll definitely vote to keep it as it is.

Dylan wrote:
Honestly, I would prefer the original because it doesn't display properly on the console. The shadows are annoyingly dark and they flicker in certain areas. When I see videos of people using an emulator it looks good but on the N64 it gets way too dark in many areas and if anything, the flickering shadows are seizure-inducing >_> Razz

I've played it only on the N64 (against sims, not other humans) and I've not see any problems with it being flickery or too dark. Then again, I'm not the most observant of men, but even so...

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I consider both version (Original and recreated one by sogun) Amazing. I like Sogun version better though. Its better for the eyes. And it works great for muitiplayer without players running into random walls and what not. This is consider a better version 00Dark. So I rather sin. Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Good grief Reply with quote Back to top

I need to get a CREW together to try and start up a LAN project. I was considering seeing if there was a way to use Turok 2 as a base to change into GoldenEye OR 007 Nightfire because it has plenty of memory space. Anyone like this idea? It would allow us to just LAN GoldenEye or Perfect Dark outside of emulation. I'll need help because it would be new to me. Wreck I may have just made your career buddy. Wink This would take a LOT of work. Biggest project since GoldenEye Source without STEAM the antichrist lol

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
If you want the other version, you'll have to extract the files from another release of GEX and inject them into the newest one. Pretty simple process. Just remember to update the sky, while you're at it. Wink

How do you do this exactly? I can't seem to figure it out. I'm quite new to the editor so sorry if I seem a little noobish. Thanks Smile

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Please put the NORMAL Citadel back in or else! Reply with quote Back to top

00Dark wrote:
I swear to God and in the name of GoldenEye, if you don't include the original Citadel map that you had in GE: X before the Aztec-style version then you're a sinner! Just make them both available and rename the other as Aztec Citadel. Pretty, super, duper please! Crying or Very sad

I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH THIS. It would be cool to have BOTH versions. The reason being is it's like tearing down an old building that seems like a part of the neighborhood because you had memories there. Wink Citadel was cool being uuummm WEIRD. That's what made it so fun to play. Cool Don't get me wrong: LOVE the new one! However Citadel was originally a TEST level and it just has a classic feel to include both versions..IN MY OPINION. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: