ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Missing Clipping Function for Perfect Dark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Missing Clipping Function for Perfect Dark? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey I was using the editor about a year ago, and under "edit clipping" mode there was a tool that looked like a paintbrush that let me add more clipping based on the background triangles I was using this to give make the rooftops in the Villa (solo) solid.

That was on an old computer and now that I reinstalled GEEdit it seems to not work anymore, it does nothing when I click a blank spot in the clipping mode. I tried everything I could to get it to work but to no avail. I also noticed Subdrag had done some updating to the brush clipping in September 2012. (Info found here http://goldeneyevault.com/blog/).

Was this handy little feature removed? it was the only way I could get clipping tweaks to work Confused

(also sorry if it's in the wrong section I'm not sure if this falls under Mapping/modeling or Hacker Central)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're correct, that used to be a feature, but now the brush actually paints clipping colors.

There are alternate ways, such as holding shift in room positions mode, and clicking a lot of tris, and then right click and change to clipping, clicking and pressing f. Or the "covert all tris in rooms", etc. I didn't realize anyone used that before. Hopefully this is satisfactory.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okay that works, it would be nice to have a click interface to tweak clipping but I might grow to like the shift click room positions method better. I just wasn't sure how to do it.

By the way what does coloring Clipping do? is it just for organization or does it affect gameplay in some way.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The props and guards on the clipping tiles (and your gun when over it) get a slight shade from it. I guess it is supposed to be there for shading that wasn't statically defined in the background file, it does a tiny bit towards that goal.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah okay that makes sense, and is pretty awesome I must admit, as a kid I always liked Perfect Dark for it's nice colored lighting effects (especially since most games hardly had any at all) thanks for the help subdrag.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: