ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Messed up sky?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bio-hazardousThingy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Messed up sky? Reply with quote Back to top

First, I apologize if something like this has already been asked, but I haven't found a topic relating to this.
I recently downloaded the GoldenEye tools and made a sample ROM with a couple small changes to the Dam Level. The changes show, but the emulator lags and the sky seems to be messed up or missing, as there are images duplicating from where the player is looking. (I have a screenshot, but I'm not sure how to upload it). I did not alter or mess with the sky in any way. Any ideas?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sky is your video plugin likely. Jabo 1.6.1 and Glide I think fix it.

For slowness:
http://goldeneyevault.com/faq.php#18

Bio-hazardousThingy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aha! Thank you Subdrag.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you hack a rom usually the CIC changes and the emulators don't load it with the right settings, so it lags or even doesn't work at all. If you are using Project64, do the folowing in ordor to make it run smoothly:

-Load the rom and then, in the emulator menu, go to 'Options' and 'Settings'.
-Select 'Rom settings'. Change to the following for GoldenEye:
CPU Core Style: Recompiler
Self Modifying-Core Type: Change Memory and Cache
Counter Factor: 2
Check marks: Large Compile Buffer, Register Caching, SP Hack, Use TLB.

Bio-hazardousThingy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That I've done already. Unfortunately, I have to repeatedly change the settings every time I save and inject the level into the ROM before I can test a level out.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea those glitching skies and water. If all else fails you could download my fog mod list and save it in cheats. It's coded to overwrite any default settings. Also it may be you need the LAST version of PJ64 that has NUMEROUS bug fixes.

Try this first:

DOWNLOAD:

You can change between GLIDE or Jabos 1.6 plugin Don't panic if it crashes inbetween changes btw

Here's my fog mods that work ANYWHERE in game:

http://codelegends.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=goldeneye&action=display&thread=12

I also created a pretty big selection of fog mods for my GoldenEye Legend Mod:

Bio-hazardousThingy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I fixed the sky and water with the plugin patch for the P64 earlier. I will check and see some of those mods MultiplayerX mentioned.
I'm doing a GoldenEye "Master Quest" of sorts. I doubt it's original, but it'll be a fun first project. I've been checking out a lot of the tutorials from the GoldenEye Vault, and I'm slowly progressing to complete the first level, DamRevisited.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: