ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How do I switch the Citadel makeover with the one from 4a?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: How do I switch the Citadel makeover with the one from 4a? Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not saying the makeover is bad or anything, I just don't like the way it displays on the console itself. I also want it simply for the reason I never got to fully experience it yet since no one will play mulitplayer with me anymore on GE (they're too busy with COD and stuff like that).

That being said, I've been messing around with the editor some time now, and I can't seem to figure out how to switch levels out. There are some posts here saying it's a very simple process, but I can't seem to figure it out Embarassed

Thanks for the help!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here the creator of the Citadel makeover Razz
Yeah, it doesn't look right on console, but it's going to be fixed for next release. In the meantime you can use the old Citadel, I'll explain how to do it.

Open the Editor and set it to Perfect Dark mode (Tools -> Switch Editor Game if you are in GoldenEye mode).
Then do 'Tools' -> '21990 (GE)/39850 (PD) Modification'

You should see something like this:

1- Load the GE: X v4 first to extract the old Citadel files
2- Select the stage here. Citadel is level 12 (Villa), so I think "35 - Villa CS" is the right spot.
3- You'll have to extract the Background (BG file) to change the level look, but also the Clipping because I added some shadow effects that matches my layout but not the old one. Click in one of the rectangles and then go to step 4.
4- After clicking the rectangle the internal file in rom will be selected, so you just click on "Save File" and save the *.bin file whenever you want. After you save BG, click in the Clipping rectangle and save it too.
You can rename the bin files so it's easier to recognize them later.

Now that you have the files it's time to inject them in the GE:X v5b. Load the rom using step 1. Select "35 - Villa CS" on step 2. Click on the rectangle in 3 and then choose "Inject File" in 4.
Now you are injecting the files you extracted before and replacing the ones in the rom. Be sure you replace background with background and clipping with clipping, hehe.

5- Once the two files are injected, click on "Write ROM with 3050/39850 Mods". You can overwrite your ROM, but I recomend save as a new one just in case something went wrong during the procces, heh.

I think Citadel is on spot 35 replacing Villa. Someone might be able to confirm it.

You'll notice you can extract/inject other files such as Setup (this is for missions), MP setup and Pad. Those files are used for placing the guns/hills/cases in the level and sim navigation, so keep the v5b ones because it's possible they have been improved since v4.

I hope this helps. Wink

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help! Unfortunatly, I did everything you said but still getting the makeover one. I think it might be "35 - Villa CS" may be incorrect Confused Either that or I missed a step but I did do it twice so I don't think I made a mistake.

EDIT: Well, by painstakingly changing the "0E Challenge #1" StageId to different levels and injecting them into the rom, then opening it up in an emulator to quickly get it Assignment 1, I was able to determine which stage it was. Turns out, it's "3C -" instead of the villa one.

Thank you so much for your help and I look forward to the fixed version in the next release Very Happy

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea you can pretty much overwrite ANYTHING you want bro Wink you just need to patch the ROM that has the files you need, Go to the stage options area , select the MULTI setup for the stage you need and SAVE FILE. You will need setup AND pads files Wink Then repatch another ROM with the latest GEX update and INJECT the setup files over ANY level in the combat simulator Cool

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although what MultiplayerX said it's true, it's not that simple to replace ANY map.

Textures needed for those maps must be on the rom, and with the same IDs too. If you want to add/replace a custom map which textures aren't in the rom, you have to add them with 'Image Tools' replacing existing textures (which might change textures for other maps too), or add the textures to end of rom and then start a new project with the custom map background and fix the textures IDs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: