ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Question regarding Emulation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Question regarding Emulation Reply with quote Back to top

Been doing some searching around and got a ton of info about the Everdrive64. It's not exactly a cheap investment however but I do have two questions that will decide whether or not I invest in one:

1. Using the Everdrive64, will I be able to modify any GoldenEye rom with the hacks that are out there and play them on my N64?
2. GoldenEye X: If I can, does this run on console as well? I'd love to get a bunch of people together and play a tournament on this.
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Most (other than the earlier hacks) work on backup device. GoldenEye:X definitely works on backup device, and I'm sure could have a fun tournament!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We actually had to do some crazy work to get GEX running properly on console. Well, the fix was really discovered by Zoinkity and SubDrag. Thankfully they discovered what was wrong with the head and body ports, which then allowed me to update all the files using the GoldenEditor auto-correction option. Prior to that, you could play for only a few moments before the game would freeze up. Shouldn't be any real bugs in version 5b, which is the most updated release.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

connery as bond
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now is there a specific backup device either of you guys would refer someone to use or is the Everdrive64 the way to go?
- Mt. Hochkonig
- TBA

HackBond

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

connery as bond wrote:
Now is there a specific backup device either of you guys would refer someone to use or is the Everdrive64 the way to go?

The EverDrive64 is a decent backup device, so you should go for it. I think there might be a few others that I'm not aware of though.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought there was just Everdrive and 64drive. I thought 64drive is the g.o.a.t.

I heard marshall assembles/builds each 64drive per order. Might encounter bit of delay before arrival

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a Doctor64, cost me nearly $1200 back in the day when I brought it (could have brought a PS2 for less than that) but it's been well worth it's cost, and it still gets used frequently. For people who like modding (and like-minded friends) a backup unit turns out to be utter gold! I did have one problem with the Doctor64 - the CD drive gave out, which was solved simply by replacing it...no wonder the company that made it went out of business!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I really like my EverDrive64, since it is so easy to use. You basically just save your ROMs onto the SD Card, slide the card into the cartridge opening, power on the system, choose the ROM you want to play, and bingo. Even custom hacks for GE and PD usually play without any issues. If they do suffer from any problem, it's more than likely just the ROM to blame. Something the author didn't handle properly for console use. Most of the hacks made in the past few years should be fine, though.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: