ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Data deleted with a game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Data deleted with a game Reply with quote Back to top

Did you noticed that your game had many files saved but one day, you discovered everything is deleted?

The first time I've found out the problem it was on Goldendeye, I didn't change and the data came back. However, on Perfect Dark everything are erased and I've done the same thing and it still nothing. This is the second time this incident happens in PD. But I can consider luckly I have save files to dump to the game pack.

I would have to get the former data from the game pack before the incident without to use memory cards.

If you have solutions, maybe it will be useful for games whitch dosen't required memory card such as Goldeneye.

Last edited by Erevan on Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zippy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You too? It did the same thing with Perfect Dark for me and it never came. And wooo! I had to replay all the hard-ass missions again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
zerojett
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it has something to do with the internal battery of the cartrige. this happened to my Earthbound game... after i beat it... arge...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kcghost
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I have never heard of the cartridge memory being powered by a battery, but I guess it could be, thats how a computers time and date and all CMOS settings are held. I have always thought it was something like an internal flash memory that doesn't go, but I guess it could be powered by battery. Its too early in the morning for me, I dont feel like researching it, lol.

The Extremist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Some carts use Flash memory for saves, which requires a battery, while some use an EEPROM which doesn't need a battery.

Also, if you are able to open up your cart or memory card, it should be possible to change the battery.

Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It happened to me too on goldeneye. I was about passing train... on 00 agent.. I have to do it again .. :/

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: re: battery Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, its battery stored. If you ever open up an old NES cart (such as Zelda) you'll see a watch battery. Manufacturers of the games rate the batteries at 5 years but many of the old NES batteries are at 15+ years and still working.

I assume N64 carts have the same storage mechanism. Any other method would not be very cost effective.

Erevan
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We can be lucky because normally, many games can save a game once it is created. However, some games such as Super Mario All stars don't save any games, if it dosen't save maybe the ROM is dead, that's another hypothesis.

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate that..I played Halo2 for 9hours saved it went back the next day..the datat wAS gone

Gold_N_Eye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a see-through gba cartridge and you can see the battery inside. I guess memory is powered by a battery. For all those who lost their files, does that mean the battery is dead, can you still play again? If yes, when you save, will the save delete by itself instantly or does the battery get charged when you insert the cartridge in the n64?

The Extremist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This happened to me last week. I rented Banjo-Kazooie, and was playing like crazy all week to try and beat it, and my saved game just disappeared when I was about 3/4 of the way through. I think I lost about 13 hours of progress.

dudeman
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my PD cart has never lost data, and I assume it may not just be flashram, but possibly eeprom(and other stuff).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: