ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GoldenEye 64 Anniversary coming up!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: GoldenEye 64 Anniversary coming up!!! Reply with quote Back to top

was thinking about goldeneye today and saw that this Friday August 23 marks the 16th anniversary of its release date. 16 years... man that was a long time ago. i was freaking 9 years old LOLL. still playing this game to this day. the world of gaming was a lot different back then. no COD's no halo's just goldeneye!!! goldeneye was the ruler of all shooters and I still truly believe it is. perfect dark was great but goldeneye was even better in my opinion. I would kill to relive those moments with my friends and family again. even other games on the n64 were just as great but goldeneye always came first ... or last LOL. other shooters gone and came but goldeneye still remains the same Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hell yeah robbie! GE forever! GE for life!

reaper1984
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it totally is man, damn 16years!!!
I was like 14-15years old or something, i feel so old now when you say it.
I was at the theater watching Jurassic Park 3d also recently, i saw that when i was sooo little, damn one's getting old Shocked Sad
Best shooter ever, Quake1 was also great, but Goldeneye still was so much more fun, sitting in the same room 4player license to kill, or just doing WHATEVER, everything was fun, as long as you were four players. Quake playing alone in your bedroom on your 56k modem was fun aswell, but not in the same league as Goldeneye, no that was something different.
I'd like to take time to thank Subdrag, Wreck, Shogun now for making AMAZING mods/maps and making my wet Goldeneye dreams even more wet, and keeping the goldeneye community alive Laughing
Great job guys, keep it up!!

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! 16 years ago! Im also stil playing goldeneye because its an awsome game. I remember all those multiplayer games around my brother inlaws house it was so much fun and all the hours and late nights hacking and trying out new action replay codes, happy eniversary ge Very Happy
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

TH!!! man where have u been? miss playing GE with u. seems like forever since u have those tourneys LOLL I wont forget those times.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I still play Goldeneye single player regularly. I can't play GE multiplayer very often, as none of my friends like playing on a game that's so old ( Rolling Eyes ), but thanks to the hard work of the Goldeneye X crew, I can play GE multiplayer in the Perfet Dark engine, against sims (which is great!), even with new (at least to GE multiplayer) maps, such as Cradle, Frigate, Labyrinth (which I've grown to like*), and Citadel.

* I still haven't grown to like Caves, though, even after all these years!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Play a few games with Wreck, you'll start liking Caves. Razz

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

caves make caverns more enjoyable and caverns isn't the favorite either LOLL

ZAV1010
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Caves is probably my favorite level. My friends won't play GE with me anymore unless I offer up lunch. GE is a great game.

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aw man sorry to hear that. same with me man. my cousins and friends don't play anymore. I tried to have like a gaming reunion with my cousin a few years back but were all grown up now and its like he doesn't know me anymore. he was more than just my cousin he was like my best friend when I was younger. I couldn't wait until the weekends to go over his house and play nothing but n64. I loved every moment of those times. but that's what life brings. I hate growing up LOL

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I think I might do a GoldenEye run thru for its 16th birthday and upload it to youtube. Maybe a level a night.

Also might run thru all the custom levels for goldeneye and upload them to youtube for abit of a Goldeneye series.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Could we do a 16 minute year 16 tribute of some sort with the history and mythology style stuff?

nrswy18
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

LOL that would be amazing. I wish I could do something like that. I don't know how to do that compilation type stuff LOL

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rare said that "Pefect Dark is forever" but that also works with GoldenEye.
It's been 16 years and people still play it and consider it one of the best FPS and overall videogame ever made.

Thanks to this and others comunities GoldenEye keeps on living and new content to expand the game is available in short periods of time.

GoldenEye has become a part in our lives and we have become part of GoldenEye as well. Knowing that people play my maps, enjoy them and even ask for more makes me very happy. Thank you all.

That 16th anniversary compilation sounds really good, but making a 16 minute long video is HARD. I have a few suggestions for it:
-No added music. All music and sounds should be directly from the part of the game that is showing in the video.
-Video starts with the presentation screen, Nintendo and Rare's logos, Bond shooting the screen, blood falling and the GoldenEye logo.
-Lots of small gameplay footages from missions, focusing on things that impressed us at that time: shooting the lock in Dam to open the gates, shooting headshots with the sniper rifle in the towers at the end of Dam, shooting of the hat fromt the first guard in Facility, shooting scientist until they reply you with grenades and a dd44, being killed by the poison gas, the tank in Runway, show how the plane goes blown away when you have almost reached it... and lots of accidental Natalya deaths, hehe.
-If you want to show custom levels or/and the GE Setup editor, I would do that after showing the "JAMES BOND WILL RETURN" quote from the credits.

Good luck with the compilation. I will look forward to it even if it takes a lot of months to be done. Wink

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool I can manage that. Ill start work on it tonight.

Any other ideas from anyone else?

Hhhhmmmm 16 minutes long tho could be hard. Ill try but im strugling with my current 6min montage for bf3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: