ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye X Singleplayer Missions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nekojin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Goldeneye X Singleplayer Missions? Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I wanted to say thank you for all the hard work you put into this project!

I noticed the other thread where the single and multiplayer update status are shown, but it seems out of date.

Since I (and probably a lot of other fans) also enjoy the single player missions, I wanted to ask you, if you could give us a quick update on the progress.

Thank you again for this awesome mod Smile

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, sorry for such a late reply im glad your enjoying GEX. Ive been helping with single player missions and tho the post are way out of date progress is still happening and I am still working on bg files, clipping and setups but there is a few things like action blocks arnt fully maped in pd yet and im not very good at them so tranlating them over is a little difficult.
Dam level is a pain as it is so big it dosnt quite fit in the level bounds that pd allow without slighty modifing the bg and on top of that we get visability issues when we do get it to fit, things like this slow the process.
So yes its still being worked on so keep checkin in once in a while on here and the vault.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you have the work that I've done on the Dam? I was able to get pretty close, but I think we've got to setup a visibility grid (like in the Villa) to make the visibility work with PD. I've not had any time to work on the level (also serious amounts of frustration that have really put me off it) so am happy to hand it over.

00action
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeh you passed me files along time ago and I tryed to fix it with no luck, in the end I thought it may be that the bg file had currupted or somthing so I started from scratch and ended up in pretty much the same place. I asked sub to look at it and he thinks its the extra visibilty thats the issue so im hoping wreck can have a look seeing as he is quite good with bg files and may know the reason.
https://www.twitch.tv/00action

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

its funny to think that the udated engine in perfect dark cant handle its father engines maps.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Zoinkity will know why that is, but it could just be that the team wrangled more out of the engine originally, and decided to keep a more structured approach for PD...or perhaps the Dam is where they spent half the GE budget...we may never know Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: