ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[MULTIPLAYER] Mirror Mode Multi (GE007)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: [MULTIPLAYER] Mirror Mode Multi (GE007) Reply with quote Back to top

Ever wish you could replay the classic multiplayer maps as if they were brand new again? Well, this is your chance. With the Multiplayer Mirror Mode patch, you won't know right from left! All eleven levels have been flipped around, as have the various objects included in their setup files. Nothing has been changed or altered from the originals - with the obvious exception of the mirroring. Weapon placements remain identical, and even the slight imperfections in door sizing/placing is present. Gun props and the Flag Tag Token have not been mirrored, as doing so causes held versions to face the wrong direction. Some textures and intro logos have been inverted for the fun of it, and should let you know what version of the game you're playing from the moment you boot it up.

In addition, every level has been made available from the start of a new agent file. You'll also have access to each character, from Bond to the female Moonraker Elite, and be able to let players choose the same person at any time. The AR33 Assault Rifle in both the Remote Mines and Timed Mines weapon sets has been corrected to use the AR33 prop model instead of the KF7 Soviet.

Special thanks goes out to SubDrag. His unique tools were able to convert the necessary files for use in the Visual Editor. Without his involvement, this mod would simply not exist.

Title Screen...

Archives...

Complex...

Facility...

Level Select Menu...

Collage...

Download link...
http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/misc/ge/patches/mirrormulti[wreck].zip

or

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=284

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Last edited by Wreck on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:12 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ositsho
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I was wondering when someone would do this.

It reminds me of the extra mode in Mario Kart 64. I wonder if someone would do the same for some of Perfect Dark's Multiplayer levels.

Nice job, Wreck!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is great! But sadly the usual Goldeneye multiplayer lament applies - I rarely get to play GE multiplayer, due to my friends' unwillingness to play something so old. So, I'd really appreciate it if you could do this to to Goldeneye X (maybe call it Goldeneye v5c) and to Perfect Dark, so we could play against sims (who have better taste in games than most humans!)

If you do add this for Perfect Dark, though, could you please make the patch work with the patch in the thread;

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5996&highlight=mines

which addss Goldeneye weapons to PD, and allows the sims to use the mines? This would be *fantasic*, as PD with the sims able to use mines, and with the option to use GE weapons in PD, is already really, really good (the best FPS multiplayer ever, I think), and being able to play on reversed maps would be a great adition.

How hard would it be to reverse the single player levels in PD and GE? Though personally I'd prefer it if you did the PD/GEX multiplayer levels first.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this is a good job and I liked Wreck. I missed you to play some of the missions in mode 1 player and which do not know if it will be possible in the future (would be great to find enemies doing the opposite to the usual route and give you a nasty surprise).

I agree with Kerr Avon Ositsho and do mirror mode levels for PD and GEX. for GEX guess you need more memory that more spaces will presume more GEX levels and right now I think you need enough space for the basic content of GE. if Subdrag could not through the Editor, create menus in GE and PD game an option to choose the mirror mode so that you can choose the mirror mode, without having to create a new standard for a mirror mode.

I'm not sure if games like Mario and other games Kart64 mirror mode, levels are reflected to play his way mirrors, or if they use space for new levels at which those same levels are inverted copied or doing a mirror them.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Neat! Do the characters run backwards? Wink Or do they appear backwards?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

this gives me a headache lol :- ) this was quite a neat and unique idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: