ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Newb Intringued Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Newb Intringued Questions Reply with quote Back to top

Hello, I just ordered a Chinese ED64 Flash Cart for $70. I wanted to ask some questions about ROM hacking, as I know nothing about it. How hard would it be to do the following?

1. Change Caves into Subdrag's Brighter Caves Patch.
2. Change Library into DAM FZ
3. Change Bunker into Citadel
4. Change Archives into Jaws Arena
5. Change Caverns into Grid
6. Change Egyptian into the Matrix Level from the Counterstrike patch.

Could someone please tell hwo I can add those 6 news maps into 1 ROM so I can enjoy the above new multiplayer maps? Is it going to be hard to get the Matrix level out of the counterstrike patch? How do I actually mix and match the maps? I would really love to learn.

Thanks in advance.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think (this might be wrong, it has been a while) that if the setups are included in the files of those patches you mentioned, you should be able to convert or inject them in a new rom with the setup editor...
You can inject/convert more than one setup, I'm sure of that.

Problem is, often the rom itself is modified too, and setups aren't always included, so you'd need to ask the maker itself for his files.

(Keep in mind, There might be other ways, I'm not really very experienced with it)

And extracting a specific one from the CS pack...
I actually have no idea how to do that...sorry

No doubt others will be able to give more info. Your idea sounds possible to me, at least Smile

Last edited by SilverEye on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the info,
What about putting into Goldeneye Area 52 and Air Force One from PD64?

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gamma wrote:
Thanks for the info,
What about putting into Goldeneye Area 52 and Air Force One from PD64?

Putting PD stuff into GE? That has been done before, however, this is far more complicate...

I'm going to experiment with the other things you mentioned first, if it's possible for me...

EDIT: nope, setup files aren't included ... You'll have to ask someone for his specific file. OR there could be a way to extract a setup from a rom, but I actually have no idea if that would be possible...

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks,
Anyone know more about how I can do this please? Very Happy

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Gamma.

Merging different GE hacks into one can be done. Hacks that don't use custom textures can be added to a new rom easily, but hacks that do have custom textures are a different matter (still doable, but needs more work and if you aren't used to Editor it can get very tricky).

For hacks with no custom textures follow this tutorial:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=55037#55037
Basically you open a hacked rom, extract files, open a new rom, inject files and save rom.

Have Area52 and Air Force One been ported to GE? If not, the process gets even more complicated and you'll even have to do the clipping yourself...

If they are ported you'll have to extract their custom textures first, add them to the new rom and probably edit the bg.bin file to match the new texture IDs.
It think there's no tutorial for that, but this topic might be useful if you try to do it:
http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?p=50522#50522
Start from this message and keep reading a couple of pages more.

Hope that helps.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: