ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Mission/Multiplayer Task Listings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The action blocks do play a part in many objectives, but even more so, they control the behaviour of mission characters. Such as scientists in Facility, hostage takers in Frigate, or even Natalya as she runs around levels and uses the computer to take the GoldenEye satellite out of orbit in Control. The majority of objectives should already be successfully translated between games, but the actions that the artificial intelligence use is a completely different story. Those will take the most work sorting out. Action blocks also set the spawning points and weapons for security guards who appear when an alarm is triggered, and even enable the paths that patrolling guards follow. Level outros (where the stage ends when you enter a certain room or complete a specific task) are inside these action blocks, as well. Basically put... they do a whole bunch of stuff! Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck guess that when you talk about the behavior of the characters, in this case the Scientists, for when they are attacked they can defend themselves with a gun or grenade as in GE?

can carry the "action blocks" of GE PD? or PD must find those "action blocks" that are similar to GE? eg suppose to destroy a computer or destroy an enemy can be the same "action block" in the two games. I ask this because you said that most of the objectives should be translated successfully, and I think I was referring to the goals that are similar between GE and PD, which could not solve is how those objectives are not Similar any level between these two sets, for example Egypt objectives.

by the way, you can create the patrol routes of the guards?. honestly prefer this to be possible, for example in PD fewer patrols and guards that make it possible for you to know your location takes away something fun to PD. I think GE may have fans who know the routes of all the guards.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've done a bit more work on Frigate, mostly to clipping and action blocks. I think the clipping tiles should all be good, now. Had to make sure players couldn't jump over board and die, hehe. The character AI should be a little better at navigating the levels than Simulants, but it's possible that they may still have issues at certain locations. That will require testing. Sound effects and text messages now play and display when they should (such as disarming bombs or planting the tracking bug), and the proper sound effects imported.

I have also begun clipping Silo. I'm about halfway finished now, with only the launch tubes, rock walls in hallways, and the fuel rooms to finish up. Hopefully I can have it finished in the next few days.

Yes, we can setup the patrolling guards with the knowledge we currently possess. They'll all be present in the mission levels. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Not all the actions seem to have been kept in PD, but we still have many unknowns to figure out. If not everything can work as-is, we might have to come up with new ways to do the same things. We'll see how that goes as we keep making progress.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes. Sounds good. This is all sounding good. I hope it all comes out great. Speaking of, I wonder how these changes will effect the cinematic scenes in-between missions? hehehe

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I've done a bit more work on Frigate, mostly to clipping and action blocks. I think the clipping tiles should all be good, now. Had to make sure players couldn't jump over board and die, hehe. The character AI should be a little better at navigating the levels than Simulants, but it's possible that they may still have issues at certain locations. That will require testing. Sound effects and text messages now play and display when they should (such as disarming bombs or planting the tracking bug), and the proper sound effects imported.

Since you mentioned testing, I was wondering who all does the testing?
Wondering because I'd love to be able to help test these things as well, since I don't have any modding knowledge I feel that this is a way that I can still help, even though if it's not much.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently I do the majority of testing. However, I also have a few other people who help out in that field, as well. Those guys are also contributing members behind GoldenEye X. Usually I'll create a patch shortly before a public release to make sure the main issues are all taken care of, if possible. And since we're getting into missions, which are more complicated, it might be good to have a few sets of eyes going over them. That may not be for a while, though.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck I wanted to ask if you can throw in the next patch to the levels of VR missions are already finished, and if you can provisionally use them "action block" level "WAR" by PD at these levels? levels can also do it in missions already completed, where targets have not yet been created. I say this so you do not have to worry as much of the objectives have not yet been completed.

this may be a way for the next patch has higher content, fans can do something useful in these levels with the "action block" "WAR" of PD, that there are infinitely many guards at each level (this may be so provisional), in this way the objectives and missions can be completed for future patches, and at the same time, you get to throw levels that are not empty, as happened with the Frigate for patch 5B.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished up the initial clipping for Silo sooner than I thought I would. Here's shots from a test setup conversion...

I don't think the setup will be too difficult to perfect. A lot of the action blocks appear to function quite well straight through the Editor conversion process. Even the scientists react closely to the original game already.

The idea of a WAR! type setup file in GoldenEye maps is interesting, and it might be fun to try in a very linear level like Silo. Maybe I'll give it a shot sometime soon and see how it goes.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The hype is strong with this one.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I welcome the great progress that has Silo now. scientists should be attacked in GEX can defend himself with a DD44-Dostovei as in GE?

The idea of ​​a WAR!. it is good that you have enjoyed this proposition Wreck, and can pass this idea to empty levels that are already built in VR, while still not been established targets for these levels, so I said that can be applied on a temporary or provisional. I describe this idea a bit more so that people know that is:

-that there is no mission level completely empty as patch Frigate 5B and can be useful.
- The objectives of the "action block" level "The WAR" should only be temporary, to change in the future for the original goals of GE.
I suppose we all benefit (fans, players), because in this way there will be more content and usable levels. also the fans and players, the vast majority are observers but not hackers, this can allow the forum advise of any errors that may observe. to compensate the long waits that can take the launch of a next patch.
- VR mode levels are already temirnados for this idea include: Egypt, Bunker II, Archives, Facility, Caverns, Cradle.

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man it feels like the 90's again! Really excited about this project more than any retail game out there.

Idea, (I think somebody else mentioned that earlier) Would it be possible to replace the colored rotating vortex of the VR setup to something more themed to 007 like the grooves of the barrel of inside a gun.

Or maybe even remove it altogether to increase performance when choosing heads and bodies.

Just a thought,

Ps. Also been wanting to mention a minor detail, but hadn't posted in a long time. About the Moonraker having recoil in GEX while it doesn't in the original.

Awesome! cannot wait!

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

It's almost a reality! You don't know how much I wanted to be able to do this in my Silo mission. Even tried making them force fire. This is the biggest benefit of porting missions to PD.

(Still not sure what render Bond's thinking...that launch tube's pretty tall. But the render's layout isn't consistent with the real level, so let's just say there's another walkway down there. Razz)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: