ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

"The Duel"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: "The Duel" Reply with quote Back to top

What is "The Duel" in solo missions? I can't seem to recall this being a mission in GE was it in PD? If it's from PD will it stay or get replaced?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Duel was one of four bonus assignments in Perfect Dark. It was basically Joanna Dark inside the Holographic Training Room of the Carrington Institute, facing off against up to three different opponents. That's pretty much just been transplanted into the Cuba end credits area for fun, and characters changed to use a GoldenEye equivalent. I doubt it will stay around when the mission campaign starts coming together better.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anczwient secwet

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah I see. I tested out both versions to see the differences.

Wreck,

I was listening to the victory music when I won the Duel in PD and noticed the sound was different from GE: X. It's obviously missing a drum beat and the music sounds mono but I also couldn't help to notice if you listen to it for about 20 seconds in or so there's this sound it makes. There's this odd sound that sounds like a vibrator sound you hear when you have a phone lying on a table but when I was listening to it on PD I don't hear that odd vibrator sound at all. Aside from the fact that it sounds more clearer.

I was wondering since you didn't mess with the mission complete music, that maybe when you were coding in one of them maps or musics from GE maybe you used a memory bank or something that codes in the music which would probably be the factor in why the music tracks are missing sounds?

Also was wondering since you're working on the patch would it be possible to check what would happen if you remove the GE themes and left in the PD ones to test out if the missing sounds are still there or are the music tracks from PD still inside GE: X's memory banks? Have they been completely removed?

By the way, please KEEP the mission complete music along with the mission complete background (aside that I think it looks cool) since it looks similar to the intro background from 5b.

I really didn't feel like bringing up what I said on the other thread about being "half-assed" as that's really what I did not meant to say. I feel trying to take back what I said wouldn't matter cause the damage is already done it's hard to take it back no matter what I say ya'll still infuriated by it. So with that said, the reason why I said it is cause I thought ya'll would understand where I was coming from with that. Meaning that possibly the cradle in solo was going to be the exact same as in multiplayer due to using too much memory space so I kind of vented out my frustration about it. I certainly didn't mean to piss anyone off.

P.S. I think mistamontiel is drunk.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I is drunk LOL cheers bud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: