ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Memory Paks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hydro033
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Memory Paks Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys,

My friends and I have been enjoying Goldeneye X, however we cannot seem to get more than 1 memory pak accessible. It only has 4 slots for character profiles and we have at least 6 of us that regularly play. We are stat junkies and would like to keep profiles for the six of us. How do we enable more space on the memory paks or just more memory paks? I have memory pak checked off for each controller in the input settings... not sure what else to try.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm I also tried and couldn't get paks 2-4. It might be something we need to save fix. Though in meantime, can't you save the 4 characters to the game pak and 4 to controller pak 1?

hydro033
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, correction, I can only save to the Game Pak and no memory paks are available. You were able to see a mem pak?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did some testing using Mupen64++ Beta emulator, and was able to have up to three memory paks enabled at one time. However, even on regular PD v1.0 and v1.1, the game wouldn't get past the intro identification screen with four all activated. Seems like some strange emulation error. SubDrag was trying with PJ64, and also ran into some troubles. He said he'd give it a test on console to see if four paks worked there. Right now, it's looking like mis-emulation is to blame.

You should be able to use, at the very least, one memory pak when playing the game via emulation. People usually have trouble with the exact opposite, and can only save to a memory pak. I guess just double-check to make sure all the settings are right, and even test with another emulator.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
However, even on regular PD v1.0 and v1.1, the game wouldn't get past the intro identification screen with four all activated. Seems like some strange emulation error.

I remember while testing my PD hacks on Wii64 (N64 emulator for the Wii) I had the same problem. The game wouldn't get past the identification screen with 4 controllers (each one with its memory pak, but I never thought that could be the problem) but it was ok with 1,2 or 3. However, the original PD (v1.1) rom and GE: X (I think it was patch 4) worked fine with all 4 controllers on. I haven't tried with patch 5a or 5b yet.

Heh, the big issue with Wii64 is that you can't save GE:X in the game pak, so you have no choice but to save in the memory pak.

hydro033
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck,

I did some further testing. I am able to get 3 mem paks working offline, but when I go online, I can only get the Game Pak for saves. I have no idea why. Any clue? Does online play support a mem pak? I even did this with only me in the game (1 player) online.

JB

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JB huh ? You're familiar (I go by GEN. inserver)

Controller paks won't even appear online in order to keep players sync'd Idea

hydro033
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
JB huh ? You're familiar (I go by GEN. inserver)

Controller paks won't even appear online in order to keep players sync'd Idea

So there is no way to have 6 player profiles to play GE X online? Since the game pak only supports 4 slots.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To prevent desync, raw data is toggled off in the controller options. Raw Data includes Rumble Paks, Controller Paks etc etc, so it's normal for this to happen.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Raw Data was always checked in.. and I even have someone's controller pak file for PD.. no sync probs, it just won't use it if you're goin online

hydro033
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So.... it is impossible to save more than 4 character profiles for online use in GE:X, correct?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

By the sounds of it, it's not possible in Perfect Dark at all. Have you tried to see if you can do it with normal PD? Whatever you can or can't do there, GEX should act in the same fashion.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: