ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Goldeneye What's different or use of the number on back?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kevin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Goldeneye What's different or use of the number on back? Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed that goldeneye carts have different numbers on the back anyone know what there for? My cart says 41 and some on ebay say 19 and 08. What do you guys have on yours? Here's a link with a clear pic of the back and has 19 on top right of the sticker. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoldenEye-007-Nintendo-64-1997-CLEANED-INSIDE-AND-OUT-/281151590379?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4175f0cfeb Thanks.

Mantorok
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With N64 carts, different numbers on their own don't indicate an internal change. The important part is if there's a letter after the numbers. If xx represents the numbers:
xx = v1.0
xxA = v1.1
xxB = v1.2

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow..

As for GE007 , I didn't know there was ever a revision ? And then there's one for Banjo Kazooie 1 I thinks, but rom is nowhere in sight

Kevin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mantorok wrote:
With N64 carts, different numbers on their own don't indicate an internal change. The important part is if there's a letter after the numbers. If xx represents the numbers:
xx = v1.0
xxA = v1.1
xxB = v1.2

I disagree with there being triple digits on the back as I looked on ebay and didn't find a one, even the million seller edition does not have it. However I do agree if you're talking about the numbers on the bottom. Mine says 01-4 this one on ebay says 01-2. I never noticed this before. So does this mean there's 4 revised games? Here's the link, it's kind of hard to see and it's to the left since the pic is upside down. http://www.ebay.com/itm/GoldenEye-007-Nintendo-64-1997-/321232988068?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4acafa67a4

Mantorok
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kevin wrote:
I disagree with there being triple digits on the back as I looked on ebay and didn't find a one, even the million seller edition does not have it.
I was talking about N64 carts in general. If there's no second revision of GoldenEye, you will only find GoldenEye carts with 2 digits stamped on the back.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The two digit stamp appears to be some sort of production location code. It appears on SNES games as well (probably more).

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Considering there wasn't a GoldenEye 007 v1.1 or higher, you'll only find the two digit stamp on the back. I just checked my Ocarina of Time cartridge, and it has "19A" on it. Definitely handy information to have if you're looking for specific versions of games and aren't able to easily test them to know which one it might be. I'll have to use this info to find a PD v1.1 cart at local used game shops.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What about the Perfect Dark ones? Mine is 20A. Would that be 1.1?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can only imagine so. Mine is "07" and is definitely the v1.0 release.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kevin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I can only imagine so. Mine is "07" and is definitely the v1.0 release.

I have 2 copies of PD not for resale and both have 08A on the back. Why would a nfr not be the first version? When turned on, the game says version 8.7 final[/img]

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All final versions of PD except Japanese are 8.7 final on that screen, they never updated it for the NSTC revision, nor for the PAL version which had several changes aside from PAL conversion. It's useless for determining your version.

(The really bizarre thing is that the PAL beta is 28.7)

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonsbrethren wrote:
All final versions of PD except Japanese are 8.7 final on that screen, they never updated it for the NSTC revision, nor for the PAL version which had several changes aside from PAL conversion. It's useless for determining your version.

(The really bizarre thing is that the PAL beta is 28.7)

What changes did the PAL version have, please? Actually, what are the differences in all the versions of PD, and also in all the Goldeneye versions? I think it would be interesting to know.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps they were worried about confusion, if they changed PD 1.1 to say 8.8 or something, people would want to exchange their version, or want "upgraded" one?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
What changes did the PAL version have, please? Actually, what are the differences in all the versions of PD, and also in all the Goldeneye versions? I think it would be interesting to know.

http://tcrf.net/Perfect_Dark/Version_Differences
http://tcrf.net/GoldenEye_007_%28Nintendo_64%29%23Regional_Differences

Note that I didn't even try to cover any engine differences, since I'm hardly an expert on those and would probably describe them horribly.

Edit: Fixed GoldenEye URL so it doesn't blank my post. Lovely forum software. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: