ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GE went through a sequence of images. They're replaced whenever either the buffer overflows and they get replaced by new bullets left someplace else or when the room they're in is unloaded. Some stages permitted more than others, but pretty sure the number was around 64 or so.

The number of images was different in PD, but with some shifting around it can probably support the full set.

BTW, GE had quite a few unused bullet impact images. There's a bunch for collisions against brick and masonry that aren't linked to impact types. Of course, you get bonus ones in PD for wood, etc.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, what were the beta impact types? I don't remember realizing that. What image #s? Sound too?

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
Wreck hello, I have three questions about the latest advances that have announced:

bullet holes:
I'm glad that there are more developments regarding textures and sound related to them. anyway:
GE bullet holes seems everyone is a direction, hole to left, right up and down. seems everyone listed in any order and when they disappear (I will call this a pattern / order using GE) also follow an order (I mean the bullet hole textures that appear on the walls). PS not sure if it is the same.
but in all GEX patches almost every bullet holes are always placed in the same direction. I want to know is whether you can carry in GEX that pattern / order of appearance and disappearance of bullet holes? meaning it can carry the same pattern / order using GE?

firing rates:
I think the slot used for the Moonreaker in Laser GEX is the PD, this seems to be a rather tedious slot to deal with firing rates, especially to mimic the real funcionamineto Moonreaker. I just wanted him to argue that such use a new slot for this weapon and alter the coloring to match the Laser? perhaps in a different slot, you can use a different firing rate.

the grenade launcher I can say the same, especially because Superdragon slot seems to be faster in grenade launcher function that the normal Grenade PD (this is the feeling that I have).

not if you have to conform or not the order of the slots has PD, is not whether you can modify as you want the order of the slots.

still do not quite understand why the heights and the vision of the characters. I wanted to ask if you can put two or more images, to know or compare
that we can see differences, especially between the patches we've played and the new?
I'm not really sure if I noticed the pattern the bullet holes leave in GE:X that SATURN_81 is referring to. As for the firing rates, I agree with SATURN_81 completely. I checked out the SuperDragon's Grenade Launcher function and it matches more of the speed of the original GE's Grenade Launcher. I would say change the slot to the SuperDragon's slot. Wreck would have to slightly decrease the firing rate speed to match the original firing rate. Slightly just lightly decrease it to match to the original GL. Seeing as the SuperDragon's firing rate is faster than the Devastator and faster than the original grenade launcher.

For the Moonreaker Laser I would change the slot to the Mauler. The firing rate for the mauler would have to be doubled x2 when rapidly pressing the firing trigger. When the firing trigger is hold down it would need to be increased x1. The Mauler slot seems and feels (to me) to be the one to correct the Moonreaker Laser's firing rate. I even tested them out (through emulation) screen for screen and the mauler firing rate comes really close to the Moonreaker Laser from GE007.

The Devastator's slot can be switched with the Mauler. It can atleast be tested with the shotgun to try and get the simulants to shoot 5 shells instead of only 1. Maybe there is a good chance that slot can help out with that issue regarding the simulants using shotguns.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AstroBomber:

I agree with you that the more similar the Moonreaker speed gun is the Mauler (very successful I think). hopefully this can be the best solution for Moonreaker. now that you told me all this surje doubt, whether it is a matter of grab the data and put them in the mauler Moonreaker slot, or if instead the slots used in PD are interchanged.

I think PD slots as the laser can not be used in all cases to mimic the functioning more like any other weapon other game. give you an example:

slot where PD is the Reaper, has a function to rotate and can be useful if someone creates a "Machine-Gun" that also rotate as you would a weapon like this (logically if this is for another mod). if you put the Reaper in any other slot game is possible that this gun does not rotate when the gun is moved to another slot.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being that we are on the topic of firing rates. I was playing GE:X with EternallyAries and he mentions to me that the Cougar Magnum's firing rate is too fast when you double tap the fire button. The firing rates for the Magnum seem to match up to the original to me but I even have to agree that it's too quick when you double tap the fire button. All the other firing rates for the Magnum match up to the original ie, holding down the firing button, rapidly pressing the firing button. It's only when it's double tapped that I feel it should be slightly decreased. Just slightly. It's been bugging me a bit as well once I noticed this months ago. This is how fast the Moonreaker Laser shoots it's beam when you double tap the fire button in the original GE007 game. If anything, this quick firing rate method should be used for fixing the firing rate for the Moonreaker Laser in GE:X.

I noticed that in Goldeneye 007 weapons do not light up rooms and/or areas when shooting. Seems like all weapons in GE007 do not light up at all where as in GE:X they do. Now I would say if it's possible to make all weapons not light up rooms in GE:X but being this is a newer engine I feel only certain weapons should not lighten up rooms. Weapons like the silencers PP7 silenced and D5K silenced along with others like the sniper rifle and Moonreaker Laser should not be lighting up rooms. The others which have muzzle flashes make sense since those have muzzle flashes along with the highly bright seen ones that come from machine guns. I only ask that those listed should not have rooms flashing light when you are shooting.

I know Wreck confirmed that all sound effect texture images have been updated but I can't help to mention in case it has been missed that the green painted portion of the walls in Archives uses the sound effects currently used in the toilets and urinals in Facility. I just noticed this same texture image is used in Library and Stack's doors. Not on Library and Stacks walls just only on their opening and closing doors that you hear the sound effect texture when you shoot the green painted portion of the texture only.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AstroBomber wrote:
I noticed that in Goldeneye 007 weapons do not light up rooms and/or areas when shooting. Seems like all weapons in GE007 do not light up at all where as in GE:X they do. Now I would say if it's possible to make all weapons not light up rooms in GE:X but being this is a newer engine I feel only certain weapons should not lighten up rooms. Weapons like the silencers PP7 silenced and D5K silenced along with others like the sniper rifle and Moonreaker Laser should not be lighting up rooms. The others which have muzzle flashes make sense since those have muzzle flashes along with the highly bright seen ones that come from machine guns. I only ask that those listed should not have rooms flashing light when you are shooting

I think leaving the flashing alone would be best. Gives the game a new Goldeneye Experience. I mean one day, it will have snow and rain effects. So leaving the flash alone won't really change much.

armymen12002003
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

looks good ill give it try in a little

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aw, I was really hoping that we'd get a new release of GE X for Christmas!

Failing that, the next best thing is a status update, so (when you've recovered from the festive celebrations), can you post an update, please?

EternallyAries wrote:
AstroBomber wrote:
I noticed that in Goldeneye 007 weapons do not light up rooms and/or areas when shooting. Seems like all weapons in GE007 do not light up at all where as in GE:X they do. Now I would say if it's possible to make all weapons not light up rooms in GE:X but being this is a newer engine I feel only certain weapons should not lighten up rooms. Weapons like the silencers PP7 silenced and D5K silenced along with others like the sniper rifle and Moonreaker Laser should not be lighting up rooms. The others which have muzzle flashes make sense since those have muzzle flashes along with the highly bright seen ones that come from machine guns. I only ask that those listed should not have rooms flashing light when you are shooting

I think leaving the flashing alone would be best. Gives the game a new Goldeneye Experience. I mean one day, it will have snow and rain effects. So leaving the flash alone won't really change much.
Sad

I agree, I think the flashes should be left in, too.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depending on how things go, I might try and put together an update patch for New Years, or slightly after. There won't be anything huge added to it, though. Mostly just (very welcome) fixes to issues that existed in version 5b and prior, or other enhancements made since. I do have another VR level in the works, which should be ready any time. You might also get a chance to roam around in empty stages in the mission campaign, too.

As for the room flashing when weapons are fired, I believe I have them all set up to mimic how PD did it. If a gun has a visible muzzle flash, than the current room will light up. If it does not, than the room won't. However, you must remember that when a bullet connects with room geometry, that room will light up. So becareful not to get fooled into thinking the muzzle flash itself is doing that when firing near a wall. 5b may not be setup the same as it is now.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm cool with it either way. Now that I think about it EternallyAries has a point. Are you saying that their will be a 5c patch before an ultimate patch (6a) with the mission levels complete?

There is something I just noticed that I want to get out of the way before any patches are released and that is in VR under the loading presets, the "Bot Buffet" preset game has two sims with the wrong names. Instead of Weaksim1 and Weaksim2 we have Meatsim1 and Meatsim2.

One more thing, under the Player statistics the ranks players receive have some names that should be changed. For example rank 1 should be changed from Perfect to 007, rank 2 can be changed from Near Perfect to Perfect (if you still want to keep some PD references in there seeing as some PD characters are selectable in VR). And Ranks 13 could be changed from Star Agent to Secret Agent and Rank 14 can be changed from Special Agent to 00 Agent.

Just want to say Happy Holidays to you all!
And FINALLY...welcome back Wreck!

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Depending on how things go, I might try and put together an update patch for New Years, or slightly after. There won't be anything huge added to it, though. Mostly just (very welcome) fixes to issues that existed in version 5b and prior, or other enhancements made since. I do have another VR level in the works, which should be ready any time. You might also get a chance to roam around in empty stages in the mission campaign, too.

Brilliant! As always, though, there's no pressure - we do appreciate that you're doing this in your own (and the team's) free time, and that real life events (good and bad) will no doubt crop up from time to time to disrupt things, so if we get a new version in six days or six months we'll be happy. But please keep us up to date every so often, even if it's just "No progress since the last update, sorry. Real life and all that".

BTW, it's been a miserable Christmas game-wise (there's been nothing good for the 360/PC/PS3 that I've seen since Batman: Arkham Origins (which was disappointing in itself, a good game but well behind the two earlier Arkham games), and not much of note for a fair time before that. So GE X has been seeing some extra play time from me over the past few weeks.

AstroBomber wrote:
I'm cool with it either way. Now that I think about it EternallyAries has a point. Are you saying that their will be a 5c patch before an ultimate patch (6a) with the mission levels complete?

I'd always thought v1.0 would be the finished (unless more bugs are found) version with all of the levels, and any version lower than that would add levels as and when. So, for example, 0.6 might have three single player levels, 0.7 might have five more, 0.7a might have some fixes, etc.

Or will you be adding the single player levels all at once, Wreck? I'd just assumed you'd add them one at a time and release a new (beta testing) version to us every so often.

Quote:

One more thing, under the Player statistics the ranks players receive have some names that should be changed. For example rank 1 should be changed from Perfect to 007, rank 2 can be changed from Near Perfect to Perfect (if you still want to keep some PD references in there seeing as some PD characters are selectable in VR).

Oh I definitely agree that rank 1 should be "007", but rank 2 should
stay as "Near Perfect" not "Perfect", as if there was a "Perfect" then that would have to be rank 1.

Quote:

Just want to say Happy Holidays to you all!

Yes, and you too.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I'd always thought v1.0 would be the finished (unless more bugs are found) version with all of the levels, and any version lower than that would add levels as and when. So, for example, 0.6 might have three single player levels, 0.7 might have five more, 0.7a might have some fixes, etc.

Or will you be adding the single player levels all at once, Wreck? I'd just assumed you'd add them one at a time and release a new (beta testing) version to us every so often.
To me, the latter method sounds the best. It gives us a chance to test it out for ourselves and find any mistakes like missed clippings or anything little that the mod team may have missed. Also the "0.7a" can be seen as a fixed version of that mission level ie.. v6.0.1 has the first mission complete and v.6.0.1a will be a release with a fixed version of that mission level. I don't know just a theory. Kerr Avon is on to something. I like his idea.

Kerr Avon wrote:
Oh I definitely agree that rank 1 should be "007", but rank 2 should
stay as "Near Perfect" not "Perfect", as if there was a "Perfect" then that would have to be rank 1.
I agree with you on this. It makes sense. Keep "Near Perfect" as rank 2 but change ranks 1, 13, and 14.

Wreck, I would like to know regarding the firing rates, what do you think about the suggestion I have for Cougar Magnum's double tap firing rate being decreased in speed just slightly. Not too much that's obviously noticeable just a tad bit. If not I can understand if you don't change it to match up with the simulants firing rates of the Cougar Magnum.

Also what do you think about the suggestions me and SATURN_81 in regards to the Grenade Launcher and Moonreaker Laser's firing rates?

Lastly, is it possible that the recoil of the Moonreaker Laser be removed?

goldeneyegod
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any new on a new year update just haven't heard anything in a while.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It there any progress to report since the last update, please?

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
It there any progress to report since the last update, please?

I agree with Kerr here, a small update on the project would be highly appreciated. Just to know how things are going.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 8 of 15

Jump to: