ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Visual Editor not responding and freezes when using it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Visual Editor not responding and freezes when using it Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy Hello, It is been a long time I used the editor but at this time I have trouble keeping the editor opened. I installed goldeneye setup editor 2,5/1.0 the most recent and I have patched it succefully.

I heard about clicking anywhere in the opened editor can make it crash and about the plugins but it is not my case.

I tried to add objects in the empty airbase in perfect dark with the file UsetupairbaseZ(bin file) by open uncompressed and made level barebones.

I just added two datadyne snipers, one table, one briefcase, 1 CI operative guard, a starting preset with the size of 0,40C and 2 black trent`s bodyguards. I was not capable to change their head and make them less larger than the table but5 after 10 or 15 minutes the editor window became frozen and I had to do ctrl + alt+ delete to close the visual editor.

It is the same thing if I want to save my project­. Just want to make a small decorative level. In fact at least outside and up he first elevator. Places at the begining.

I also tried to open then real map with the visual editor in order to explore and see how it is made but it also FREEZE and the program is not responding. Waiting give nothing.

I set the goldeneye editor by running it as an admin and used compatibility with Windows xp SP3.

I never been able to use the visual editor with perfect dark level to just make easy things like objects and characters.

I also noted in empty skedar ruins I was not able to use skedar but the level could allow them. I produced the same problem as I said.

Thank you for your help. It should help many other people also because it seems to be an interesting problem. I heard about the same porblem elsewhere but it was not useful and enough explained.

Last edited by jim102 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Run as admin and xp sp3 compatibility mode.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Run as admin and xp sp3 compatibility mode.

This is what I had done before posting here and it still unsolved

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, do you have the latest beta? And how much RAM does your system have.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My system have 8 Gig and I forgot to precise that when the window appears to tell me the editor has stopped to work it tells me Goldeneye Editor 2.0.0 version not 2.5. The 2.0.0 has stopped not the 2.5. It supposed to tell me 2.5 has stopped .

I have set run as admin and compatibility xp sp3 with BetaGrabberTool and updated runwaysetupeditor.

I have uninstalled goldeneye editor and deleted all traces of it and installed it again to see if it will be good without success.

The folder Temp already exists.

I have seen it is not only the visual editor that has problems but also the editor. Sometimes I need to close it with ctrl+alt+delete because it freezes and does not respond

Last edited by jim102 on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nah, that's right, I guess I forget to update the official exe name's inside. Can you try a simpler level like Chicago?

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes but I made open uncompressed and level barebone without doing file new

I just added 2 characters and just with 1 or I just added a K7 avenger at the begining and tried to convert rom and when I select a folder to put the rom into the setup editor crashes.

First I have added a maian with a human head and trent easton with a Cmp150 and the editor crashed after I gave it the gun

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know some people have reported if they had 39850 open, and did editing, it would crash. You could try using Quick Inject (F7), to inject your level, instead of Convert ROM. But that is interesting hmm, as you edit, does the memory of the program go up significantly over time? Is the crash recreatable exactly? Like add two guards, add gun, crash?

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not use 39850 and I do not know it. I simply use options in the file menu of the editor when I open an uncompressed file.

For recreating the crashes, the editor make that problem for almost anything you want to open or use like I already told you and for no reason also. Quick inject make nothing I used it in the file menu.

Editor does not respond if I select a folder to save and it does not pickups the 3 files.

Is it supposed to add something into the original or other rom? Quick inject

How it is working? My knowledges for the goldeneye editor are very limited

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1hth 1h40 am:

I have a good new, I manage to make a simple Chicago level but I had to do it in that way because editor cloud crash.

I needed to modify the original rom. I made a test folder in the customlevels. I opened uncompressed file the files for Chicago level and make level barebone. I opened the visual editor and made a starting preset. The black side of it shows where I will spawn. I have added a K7 Avenger close to the start and a guard with a DY357. After that I have chosen convert rom and selected chicago files. Write above files (UsetupchicagoZ.bin, LchicagoE.bin, bg_chicago_pads.bin and in main folder to rom and I have taken the original perfect dark rom(.v64) and save your new rom where you want. It is important to note make error by clicking open in the wrong folder to take the original rom because editor will not respond. So I made my new rom like that and when I want to add new stuff I use quick inject in my test folder. Can I do a new rom otherwise?

But after finding a way to make a new rom I have fatal error stopping emulate when I want to open the famous level after accepting the mission. I tried to unselect and unselect register catching, fast SP and self mod methods, default save type and other things down in order to solve my new problem.

I even changed plugins but nothing

Do not hesitate to give me advice I am a noob!

Thank you very much subdrag for your time until now!

But I still have few other things. I just found a way to make a new rom using convert rom and inject to room things I did not know how to do. My way gave me another fatal error when opening the new chicago level: fatal error stopping emulate when I use pj64.

I have a doubt maybe I made a wrong thing. I wanna know if someone knows how to do it otherwise without getting error. Was I ok?

What about the editor who makes pj64 often freezes for nothing?

I am giving you the files of my rom with the xdelta patch to give you a chance and now let`s go finding the problems!

https://www.mediafire.com/?jlkrtfovgr96ld9

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 am    Post subject: :( Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmmmm It sounds like you are trying to use barebones and YOU DON'T NEED TO. Perfect Dark really only worked for me using QUICK INJECT. Try going into the editor and just adding your objects into your solo level of choice. Open UNCOMPRESSED and save this way too to your desktop. After that go into 21990 etc and go to stage options. Hit the square button beside the solo setup to load it at the BOTTOM where it says quick inject. I had to learn this myself because it seems most hackers or users of the editor forget to explain how to actually quick inject Laughing Easy to miss Wink You have to LOAD your file to quick inject it FIRST. Then select WRITE new ROM or whatever to your desktop.

Oh BTW: Adding stuff to a Solo level isn't as easy to make work as just using the editor. Some stuff will NOT work in game depending on what it will actually load.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok but for now I wanna use existing level using new from the file option. Adding what I want. I opened G5 building and put a preset with a size of 0,24outside at the end of the level and not far a K7 Avenger and a guard with his back facing me. It had a Dy357 and it was a g5 building guard. Setup editor stopped functioning and windows will find a solution. I just gave it the simple dy357 and finished!

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My problem before was my ram. So that could be it to.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: