ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

RIP Youtube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: RIP Youtube Reply with quote Back to top

Welp, now that Google+ has taken over Youtube, I think it is safe to say... RIP Youtube, you will forever be remembered as once the greatest video websites ever, but then destroyed by a crap company called Google...
Which brings me to this:
Every time that Anonymous shut down a website temporarily, I got pissed... However... I would love to see Google get shut down. PERMANENTLY!
Yeah, I'd be fine with a Youtube alternative, as long as Youtubers leave Youtube.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Huh? What they do this time? All I noticed is that sometimes comments will go to your google email or something. I know I won't ever check there but yeah.......

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, Google is forcing you to use Google+ on Youtube. You cannot comment without it. Also, it makes you use your real name, and discloses private information about you. Also, you can pretty much post comments as long as books now, which people have. Google claims this change will stop trolling and spam, but I have never seen this much trolling and spam before ever. Also, comments older than a certain amount of time won't be able to be commented on or up/downvoted on. You can no longer flag for spam. Google also says this is for having private conversations with friends. God damnit Google, if I wanted to talk to my friends, I don't want to use Google+ for it. Hell, I use comment on Youtube for everyone to see, not just people I know. I wanna get comments from strangers, it is nice to hear what everyone has to say. So **** you Google.
Also, here are two petitions.
https://www.change.org/petitions/google-change-the-youtube-comment-section-back-to-its-original-form
http://www.change.org/petitions/youtube-please-stop-the-new-2013-channel-designs-youtube-ytcreators
EDIT:
I have dealt with all other changes to Youtube, this is the worst change ever.

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow,well I'v always agreed that they need to revolve youtube back to the way it was but. Never thought it go as far to this.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To demonstrate that you are not completely force to use your real name. I've made a quick comment on a Youtube video. And it did not ask me for Google+ Or anything, nor my name.

I also have a Google+ account by the way. So this is not 100% true. But I guess on some accounts, it effects them.

DK25
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh okay, well basically, Google implies that you would get in trouble for not using your real name, but I doubt they would do anything about it. Although, people still did use their real name and might be scared to change it. Or something like that. But that is not the worst part for me, I don't use my real name.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DK25 wrote:
Oh okay, well basically, Google implies that you would get in trouble for not using your real name, but I doubt they would do anything about it. Although, people still did use their real name and might be scared to change it. Or something like that. But that is not the worst part for me, I don't use my real name.

If I get a warning sign from Google for not using my real name. Then they will have a problem with me. Laughing But yeah, this is completely bull. To see Google pull this on everyone. And everyone been with Youtube forever as well.

Sadly, even if Google don't change there mind on this. I don't think the Youtubers will be switching from one video service, to another.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't mind.

If them forcing you to use your name is hindering your ability to browse and comment, then perhaps you should change your first name to your username. My username and channel are still there, I just get comment notifications through Google+.

It is not as big of a deal as people make it out to be and it should certainly not make you refrain from watching videos, and suggesting Google should get shutdown permanently is simply just downright silly. You will live.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do they really have to route you through 7-8 pages on nonsense every time you log on when you very clearly don't want to change your name?

The real question is why even attempt to impose that in the first place?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Do they really have to route you through 7-8 pages on nonsense every time you log on when you very clearly don't want to change your name?

The real question is why even attempt to impose that in the first place?

Really don't like the fact they're forcing it on us - they don't even have the decency to leave you alone. They just say 'OK, well ask you later then.'

You've got to be kidding me.

Rey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the plus thing effects new youtube accounts. I started mine what.....2010....I think. I don't even have a Google plus thing.
I don't really comment either. Plus on the real name thing. People could invent there own stuff and get away with it.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They have been doing this whole name change to real name for to damn long to be honest. I mean come on, I love Google. But I think asking over and over just seems repetitive. Google needs to lay off on our personal lives. Instead of trying to find out who we are, and what we do on our everyday lives.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You are aware that you can create a page for your account when it asks if you want your name or your old username, so you can still keep EternallyAries but your account (which will have nothing on it since you made the page) will have your real name. Oh, and no-one said you had to use your Google+ page.

While I agree that having your real name is sometimes not needed, considering the amount of traffic that goes in and out of youtube, I believe it's a step that needs to be taken.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
...considering the amount of traffic that goes in and out of youtube, I believe it's a step that needs to be taken

How exactly does the amount of traffic and use of somebody's real name correlate exactly?

It's obvious the whole point is that Google sees YouTube as a social media hub, and as such want it to function like any other social media hub. The issue is that most users don't see it as such and don't use it that way either.
The side-effect of attaching Google+ pages to each account isn't just a matter of consolidation of their social media stuff but a deterent against rampant IP issues. When your name is attached to claims against you for uploading an entire series of shows it can cause personal issues.

It's a pain though. There shouldn't be such a runaround because I don't have a page, don't want one, and would like to just watch a video under a strange pseudonym.
Maybe if they spent less time writing code to demand your name and more time watching the transfer dropoff on their fiberoptics lines they would have encrypted their database transfers months ago.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I destroy almost every game I play so I won't miss it. I've posted enough on there without demand and without permission. Wink

You can always find a way to get it on the net I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: