ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Missing doors when opening

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Missing doors when opening Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. I have two datadyne building lift doors and when I open them they disappear without sliding horizontal and make sound. I have set correctly acceleration etc... Like the same doors properties in an original level

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, can you try copying a door from defection (can create/insert prefab or copy/paste) into your level, and see if it starts working? This might be a good one for Jonaeru/me/Wreck to look into missing parameters if you set identically to a working door and it doesn't work (including opening type).

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

December 10th:

I have tried something. The left door disappeared and the right one made an elevator sound and opened vertically and the left one took some time to reappear

December 11th:

I made a backup of my clipped rom yesterday but it has a loading level problem like staying in black after accepting the mission. Pj 64 was still running. Any modifications make the level fails.

I tried to change the linked door option and I made inject to rom for saving. Is saving by doing save as project as also work too?

Saving in the visual editor or in the setup editor is it the same?

I am gonna take a look in the option quick rom. It was ok and I tried save project + reexport rooms and nothing.

I am gonna delete my project folder and the rom and start again because editor was suggesting confusing projects name and I have seen the folder fonts in my rom folder

I do not see that I added doors and I have decided to start all over now I know how to clip it will be not a problem. I will test doors

Result of the day: I opened the editor and the mr. blonde revenge mission.

File--->New

After that I have placed an extra preset and gave it the 0,24 size and set solo start point

Now to save either I use convert rom or inject project to rom or save as project as.

Convert rom: UsetupmrblondeZ.bin and bg_mrblonde_pads.bin and write above files to rom

When I leave and return to the setup editor opening my project I have troubles:

Invalid Setup file, Rom not found and error importing-->Does not find the bg file and goldeneye setup editor stopped!

Nothing has been saved! Mad

Three days later:

Hello, I decided to bring some better explaination details to help you understanding me.

I decided to add three doors in the same level and I added a new rom for quick convert F5 instead of using the original to avoid modified original rom. The problem is when I open the level in PJ64 the doors changed, places instead of staying at the same place I put them in the editor. They can diseappear if I try to open it. Happened with only one door sliding horizontal. The other was slidiing vertical and the last one was 1:01. Just for testing. Befor I never used pads to add objects or guards into but I made it. Do I really need pads for that?

If I want to make a project I want to avoid problems I had already told you. I am confusing by the way to save the project. If a only want to modify by adding or just removing objects do I need to use inject project to or save as project as? Save as project as or inject project to does not affect the new rom and maybe the editor instead.

So now you know what I do not understand and I am trying to tell you with my confusing english if it is also a problem. I only speak french.

Thank you for your time!

Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My best advice, is start with DDHQ's real setup, then, Tools -> Make Level Barebones. The elevators will be functioning. You'll want the path sets anyways. Unless it is for a new level?

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

DDHQ? I want to use a level without all the stuff except mission's stuff and guard or make my own level with same who exist but with new stuff like decorating and doors ...

Make progressively my knowledges to upgrade. Independant levels Wink but there are always problems for easy things. It will try to personalize my own guards, making my text and objectives and after playing for testing. I just want to understand your hard editor Laughing

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think make bare bones is what you want. It removes everything except glass, doors, elevators, and path sets.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes it could save me lot of time. I need the doors, elevators and glass but I do not need the guard pads. I can delete all the presets with a button but I need to remove manuallly all their paths before and one by one it is very long.

I have to press F5 to make my new rom and I have the bad habit to use a project and maybe I do not need that.

inject project to rom or save as project as because I do not want to loose my content I made for the new rom. The editor makes lots of time to do that by not responding and finnaly respond.

Maybe I just need to use quick convert and if I want to open again my things I just have to go to preferences and select the new rom to open without breaking my mind with project things and other unknown problems like: (Invalid Setup file), doors disappear or go to another place or are badly rotated (Rom not found and error importing-->Does not find the bg file and goldeneye setup editor stopped!)
Question Question Question

It makes me angry Evil or Very Mad

Concerning what I figured out before I do not know if it would be possible to do what I wanted at the begining maybe it is too Advanced for me

Last edited by jim102 on Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't use a project if you're not modifying bgfile or clipping. Just save setup, and press F7 to test. Then open it later to continue work.

You need guard sets. Otherwise guards can't walk around or sims in multi.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Save setup with F5? F7 to add new stuff into my rom? Guards set can be done otherwise.

So a project do not save rom content but textures only

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

File->Save Setup to save for you to edit later. And later File->Open Setup when you want to continue work. You press F7 when you want to test (and it appends .rom to your quick ROM and writes it out for testing).

You need path sets, tools -> bare bones is what you want to start with.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Open uncompressed or open compressed? Uncompressed is when the level is finished but at begining I need to use compressed file? Editor has not compressed files for text or objectives or level file

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Use uncompressed, that's fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: