ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[GAMESHARK] [PJ64 EMULATOR] Science Lab
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I thought I had sent you something about door conversions, Scotch? Well, I'll grab some Hed Edit shots of the setup file for more visual referrence. It's quite easy, once you get the hang of it. BMW just crammed so much stuff into his multi map that it came out being too long for console. Perhaps removing a few more objects would get it down enough. I'll check out the newest version and see if I can figure something out for it. Otherwise, it is a really interesting stage. It's a shame it won't play on console as is.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well...... Embarassed to be honest good buddy, I'll probably need a more extensive breakdown of how to SPLIT the door write into 2 objects. KCG sent me some stuff but I got a wee bit lost in the technobabble. (Only because I've never really gotten deep into advanced presets yet.) Ooooo, I also HAVE to have an example of WHERE I set all the parameters in the presets co-ordinates. I suppose you can still use Bond's X Y Z but the other values I don't understand WHERE to assign them? I don't know how to adjust rotation, object off the ground ??? adjustment, etc. You know like Shuttle in Aztec would be a perfect example of just how to resize it and position it in the air. Zoink shot me some quick tips but it didn't really explain everything relating to preset addresses for floating and rotating objects. I could experiment with lots of sh*t and would love to make more complex levels. Wink

P.S. If I had visual reference in memory editor of a door's layout (don't change any values just tell me what each one does) same for the preset too. All I know how to do right now is assign Bond's X Y Z and room pointer to an object. I need to learn how to understand advanced coordinates, how to find them, and assign them to an object. Stack seems like a PERFECT level to hack ANY Solo-Multi. Zoink even mentioned there isn't a better stage to use.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

After much tinkering with the code I finally managed to get this thing console compatible. I ended up completely recoding the destructible objects code in a way that let me actually shave another 18 lines off of my object health code and get rid of the activators altogether. This allowed me to salvage a total of 3 more objects that would otherwise had to have been done away with. I managed to get away with only losing 2 glass objects and 2 boxes compared to the emulator version.

Also, I'm now more confused about the health code than I was before. The way I have coded it seems to have had a strange effect on my test tubes - sometimes they explode, sometimes they don't. Which I actually kinda like because its more realistic - when you're working with dangerous chemicals, you never know when they're gonna blow Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Objectives: Complete All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: