ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What are the limitations of GE64?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: What are the limitations of GE64? Reply with quote Back to top

Well I've decided to make some content in my spare time when I'm taking a little break from another Source mod I'm working (Also a James Bond mod yayyy!)

I mainly make all of my maps inside 3DS Max and/or Hammer depending on the situation. Now Hammer/Source can handle a lot of cool geometry created with the 'brushes.'

What sort of limits are there in regards to this and also does it have to be brushes or can it be polygons as in flat plaines and the likes.

I've seen a few of the maps from GE64 and noticed that there seems to be mostly polygons and not brushes.

If i choose to make my own custom content for my maps what sort of poly limit would a standard prop have? I know that the game is pretty old and i am used to working with engines that require low poly counts.

So if somebody could go over limitations and such that'd be great!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are settings per level, but generally I've found, that each room shouldn't be more than 500 triangles, and to not have lag or blackout, you shouldn't have more than 2000-3000 in rooms loaded at once for the background file. It's all triangles. I imagine it's quite a bit lower than half-life levels or whatever that is based one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: