ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

editor uses too much power processor +editor freezes crash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: editor uses too much power processor +editor freezes crash Reply with quote Back to top

Hello. I noticed that today so when I use the editor to work I see my processor is used at 100 % I think this is the reason why my editor freezes often for nothing or crash sometimes.

I have a phenom 2 x6 1045T 2, 7 GHz. Tell me if is is ok or a solution, Even I went to computer school I do not know well about processors technologies

Thank you

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD mode and especially DDHQ is far more intensive. It may be too much for your machine, and it does use a lot of RAM. Perhaps try another level, Chicago is lower.

How many cores do you have? If you only have one core, it will likely always take 100%, because like games, it is in a tight render loop.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What is DDHQ?

My memory was ok it was the processor. It has 6 cores---> X6

Editor is not enough powerful to adapt itself to my cpu

I have 8 Go of ram so not a problem like I have seen

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I mean Defection. Try a less intensive level. It shouldn't make your whole machine 100%, just the core the editor is running on.

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe I should set my cpu to let more than one core but I do not remember how. So it does not like to support chicago and mr blonde revenge levels

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jim102 wrote:
Maybe I should set my cpu to let more than one core but I do not remember how. So it does not like to support chicago and mr blonde revenge levels

Its a good chance you are already using all your cores. By any chance that you are opening the wrong file by any chance? Or are you opening it though the "New" level option in the editor. If so, by any chance your editor is taking up way much ram on its own. Even if you got 8GB it still uses quite a lot of power to get it running. Try opening Area51. There a huge chance you won't be getting far with that level, It takes a powerful computer to open it. I can open every level so far though from my last test on seeing if my laptop can handle it. So it could be a setting that not quite right in your editor. If you can't solve the issue, there always an easy reinstall editor idea. Smile

jim102
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was only using 1 core and now I use 2 but I still have problems and I already tried to delete and install again the editor. Yes I prefer use file--> New

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: