ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Just wanted to say hi!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Just wanted to say hi! Reply with quote Back to top

Well there doesn't seem to be a greetings section so yeh. I haven't been to Goldeneye Vault for, wow, 10+ years (if the site IS that old lol.)

I'm not entirely sure when i first visited, i submitted a Photoshopped picture of Dam and it got uploaded which really made me feel chuffed!

I think it's gone now though, can't seem to find it xD

Anyhoo i wanted to say hey!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Hope you stay and contribute.

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Welcome! Hope you stay and contribute.

Well I've been making content for the Source Engine for about 8 years mainly modeling, mapping, animating and texturing. I was even on the Goldeneye Source team once a few years back.

I may consider making content for this though but it'd mean learning how to mod for a whole new thing lol.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I play and create games too. Welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
I play and create games too. Welcome.

Thanks Smile

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why aren't you on the goldeneye Source team anymore? They are super low on contributors and could use some help with some new content.

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhirmer614 wrote:
Why aren't you on the goldeneye Source team anymore? They are super low on contributors and could use some help with some new content.

Because i didn't like how slowly they were working and how easily they lost interest in the mod. I got tired of there only being two or three of us interested enough to work hard and keep it alive. No mod should take 6 years to make and also one or two of them come across as a little arrogant and don't like it when you call them on their behavior.

I don't wish to be on a team like that, a mod team shouldn't work like that. I did consider going back to help them out but then i saw that they credited all of my work to somebody else claiming that this person had made it and not me.

That's just low.

In a way I'm glad that it happened because I've had the chance to work on other mods and other games engines and I've bettered my skills substantially since then.

I may decide to re-make some of the classic GE64 maps but not on Deathmatch. I'm already working on some things actually and since i have mapping and modeling experience under my belt i figured why not go for it?

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you talking about the claims of the RCP90? I remember when this happened :/ I would think some water could be put under the bridge.. But I don't want to get into that..

I would love to see what you can bring into the original GE. Smile

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Likewise! Welcome [back] to the community! I think the most annoyed I've ever seen anyone here was when I asked Spyster if that was him in his avatar (FYI this forum doesn't display properly on the iPad and he actually had "this isn't me in the photo" as his signature so I really sounded like a complete ass) hehehe.

As for long-running mods, Marathon:Resurrection took damn near 7 years for us to complete, and in the end it was more an issue with inconsistency within the levels that really started to chew up time as many of us wanted to go back and re-tweak everything...and so the horrible cycle kept burning. But it is a shame that issues within the team resulted in some self-destruction if you will.

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhirmer614 wrote:
Are you talking about the claims of the RCP90? I remember when this happened :/ I would think some water could be put under the bridge.. But I don't want to get into that..

I would love to see what you can bring into the original GE. Smile

Meh i have the screenshot evidence of the entire forum thread discussing it with them as i was making it so i don't really care to be honest.

I kinda feel sorry for them in a way, i have spoken to others who have left them or had a bad experience.

So good luck to them lol.

Last edited by CaptainCrazy on Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I've seen your video before. This video is pretty old. I've been a active member of goldeneye Souce since beta 1 so I've seen all of this unravel Razz

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jhirmer614 wrote:
Yeah I've seen your video before. This video is pretty old. I've been a active member of goldeneye Souce since beta 1 so I've seen all of this unravel Razz

Cool it's nice that you guys are re-making some of the classic levels! Facility looks pretty darn accurate i really like it.

If there's one thing that I've learned since then it's that i should be more careful when deciding to help people with their mod xD

Very Happy

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Expectations are contrived and we can't fully understand all the personalities out there. No matter what you do someone's going to hate it. Mostly because we fail to meet the exact science behind it. But that's for another discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

CaptainCrazy
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:
Expectations are contrived and we can't fully understand all the personalities out there. No matter what you do someone's going to hate it. Mostly because we fail to meet the exact science behind it. But that's for another discussion.

Yeh I'm over it anyway, it was my first real mod so i guess that's something and it introduced me to modding for Source so i guess that's something Rolling Eyes

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope you could atleast bring something back to the mod not just as work but as a fan of the mod... i know that you where going on hard times with your mother then... but i think now it would be best to put your past behind you and try to be in good terms... you are a good man i know that your beef with the devs then (with threatening to release a RC of the mod and other things) can be resolved now being many years later.... i just hope you can agree on terms to help again and not let others get the best of you and help create something new not just fpr the devs happiness.... but for fans that want a new version of goldeneye...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: