ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Darks Villa Multi in Rise of the Triad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Perfect Darks Villa Multi in Rise of the Triad Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone! I've been working on a port of Villa and I think it turned out very well. It looks very nice in the Unreal Engine.

http://youtu.be/s9J11vTOlsc

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very cool. Always fun to see maps being brought over to another engine to give a new experience to them.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Very cool. Always fun to see maps being brought over to another engine to give a new experience to them.

Oh i agree! the original textures mixed with the engine ligthing makes the map look very good, also i just wanted to post this just to show you how good a n64 level can look in the Unreal Engine

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very nice. Most of my opponents would need the brightness increased by 15% to see what I'm doing. I never realized how well I hide in the darkness and blind spots of the game. Cool

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing! Shocked

How are shadowed parts of background managed?
GE/PD use vertex colors to do so, but when you export OBJ from editor that data is lost (I'm guessing you used that to port the levels and not another process). I know Subdrag did something to keep the vertex colors info in the OBJ so when you import back to editor it's still there, but I don't think modellers or other tools will recognize it.
So I'm guessing those shadows in the Unreal Engine are actual shadows from the lighting engine.

Heh, if you pay attention to min 1:14 you can see part of the background that isn't shown in the actual PD because how the graphic engine and the room system works. Again, I'm guessing full level is loaded at once in Unreal Engine.

Jhirmer614
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Amazing! Shocked

How are shadowed parts of background managed?
GE/PD use vertex colors to do so, but when you export OBJ from editor that data is lost (I'm guessing you used that to port the levels and not another process). I know Subdrag did something to keep the vertex colors info in the OBJ so when you import back to editor it's still there, but I don't think modellers or other tools will recognize it.
So I'm guessing those shadows in the Unreal Engine are actual shadows from the lighting engine.

Heh, if you pay attention to min 1:14 you can see part of the background that isn't shown in the actual PD because how the graphic engine and the room system works. Again, I'm guessing full level is loaded at once in Unreal Engine.

Yeah when i ripped the obj files from the Setup editor it did not have any vertex shading so the lighting system in Unreal just did what it needed to do, also yeah i did notice that Razz the whole level is loaded at once so you will sometimes see things like that.

It basically is just one big object model that i have hovered over the default box and then used line collision to get everything to work and it turned out very well, there are no falling spots... BUT if you try to rocket jump onto the ramp in the room with the pillar you will fall into oblivion Razz

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You pretty much nailed this. I can't tell the difference. It looks like your character is a midget though.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the 4th survivor wrote:
You pretty much nailed this. I can't tell the difference. It looks like your character is a midget though.

If the character is a midget don't you mean the author hammered on it, and not nailed? Razz

What's no joke is I'd probably recognize many levels no matter what time of day/color it is. Thanks to the Slayer I've even seen it above. No problem to see if from any angle if you progam though.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

touche Smile

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I picked ROTT up when it was on sale for Christmas, I'll have to check these conversions out. Unfortunately the game doesn't run very well on my PC, so I don't think I can actually play multiplayer.

Raijin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is good, but it seems that the map is too big in relation to the character

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: