ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Any way I can use my ps3 controller for PJ64?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Any way I can use my ps3 controller for PJ64? Reply with quote Back to top

As the tite suggest, I need help with using my ps3 controller for Project 64, My computer shows that it is running fine but when I try to map the buttons it doesn't do anything, anyone have any experience with this that could help me?
Thanks in advance.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I remember trying to use a PS3 controller on my PC, and I do think I managed to get it going. There was something I needed to download in order for it to work. If you haven't tried searching online yet, it might give you some helpful results. Best of luck getting it going.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to google it, got some links to dead websites. Oh well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if I'll find anything, but I'll try to check my other PC when I have some time. Maybe I've still got a zip folder kicking around.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You may just need to delete all of your config files and start fresh. SAVE your main one and just delete all of the data with notepad and make a clear one. I use third party ps3 pc controllers on mine and they work just fabulous. Also...don't use all of the hacked versions of PJ64. Use ONLY 1.6 OR 1.7 BETA. Anything else has been tampered with and until someone proves they HAVE improved 1.6 or 1.7 I won't switch. 1.6 should be pretty golden for EVERYTHING. Wink

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What Wreak said is true, you do need to download another program to run the PS3 controller.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/download

Thats the download.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/wiki/en/help

Thats the guide to help you understand it.

That program will do just the trick to get it load. Make sure you read everything before you do random things with it. Because it can be quite confusing in the end.

Once you got it to work, go into Project 64. (Does not matter which version) As long you got a controller plugin to play any game.

The plugin I use which is outdated but I use N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 2.00b This pretty much supports almost every controller you ever use. Now this is something I don't remember well since I've not use a PS3 controller in years on the emulator, but I believe the R2 and L2 triggers don't work. But does not hurt to test it out. Smile

Good luck.

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried Motion in Joy before but didn't like it that much. You have to leave it running and connected to the internet at all times and also the controller has to stay plugged in. I decided to buy a cheap USB adapter for my PS2 controller instead.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: