ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Startling NEMU filesize

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Startling NEMU filesize Reply with quote Back to top

I was moving my Nemu emulator onto a backup drive as I'm currently going through a rough stage regarding my Operating System and, as I was moving it, I was puzzled as to why it was nearly 6GB in size... My TextureErrorLog.txt that sits in the root was 5GB in size...!

I only use this emulator for hacking, I can't imagine what it is like for you guys...?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Startling NEMU filesize Reply with quote Back to top

acceptable67 wrote:
I was moving my Nemu emulator onto a backup drive as I'm currently going through a rough stage regarding my Operating System and, as I was moving it, I was puzzled as to why it was nearly 6GB in size... My TextureErrorLog.txt that sits in the root was 5GB in size...!

I only use this emulator for hacking, I can't imagine what it is like for you guys...?

Was it in a subfolder? I can't find it in mine. Maybe plugin you use?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps it's a plugin. Nah, it was in the root.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think anyone uses it for anything other than hacking ;*)

It's still the best at what it does though. You'd think after all this time somebody would have added a (mostly) complete native debugger into another popular emulator. Aegh...

Oh, recently narrowed down why it doesn't like GE. There's a bug in the COP1 instruction set that can cause a character's y position to "correct" upward exponentially high. Found that out when working on some code requiring accurate distance calculations.
So, the blackness isn't the background disappearing. It's the player standing 5*10^9 above the ground beneath them.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did perhaps notice that (but in a different way). I found that Control worked "fine", and my custom maps, that were centered at Y = 0.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was thinking the txt could be created by the Nemu graphic plugin that rips geometry and textures from the game but I can't find that file myself.

Perhaps I was lucky and none of my rips failed, so that file wasn't created. But 5 GB is too much!

Maybe it's related to hi-res texture mods?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am more inclined to think and take the file name literally -- if it has trouble rendering a particular image into the emulator then it will write a 'debug' error to the file, maybe a couple lines long. It wouldn't ever open for obvious reasons so I deleted it and it's nothing worth digging deeper into, but for some people on older computers who are restricted on HDD space would never think twice about something this insignificant being so big in a place where they wouldn't imagine a file as such being there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: