ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Glide64 Plugin Emulation Fix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject: Glide64 Plugin Emulation Fix Reply with quote Back to top

While testing lights in GoldenEye X recently, we discovered that the bulb (or corona) wouldn't render with the Glide plugin. You'd only see them while the Institute was first loading, and they'd soon vanish once you gain control of Bond. SubDrag asked around about a possible way to fix it, and he was pointed in the direction of the Glide64.ini configuration file. Apparently, all you needed to do, was copy out the same data used for the Perfect Dark ROM entry, and make a new one for GoldenEye X. It's as simple as that.

Here is the information...

Code:
[GoldenEye X]
lodmode = 0
useless_is_useless = 1
decrease_fillrect_edge = 1
optimize_texrect = 0
filtering = 1
depthmode = 1
fog = 1
buff_clear = 1
swapmode = 1
fb_smart = 1
fb_clear = 1
fb_read_alpha = 0

Not only did this fix the lights, it corrected many other problems.

Clouds...

Guided Seeker Missile...

Infrared...

Unfortunately there is no easy way to update Jabo to fix a few of the issues it has with GEX. Glide runs rather slowly on my PC, so I only use it for screenshots and some testing. But if you do have a computer powerful enough to emulate GoldenEye X well, than be sure to update your ini file to get more of its features working! Smile

I did have some weird issues with PJ64 while doing this, and ended up having to redownload most of the original files. It may have just been something odd that happened with my computer. My PC also can't handle anything over v1.0 of Glide. I'd recommend making a backup of your Glide64.ini file, just in case.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On top of this information Wreck gave us here I would like to give instructions on how to get Perfect Dark/GoldenEye X working using Glide64 'Final' with Multiplayer games. So far this fix is for PC users who are using an Nvidia GeForce GT GFX card and on the Mupen64++ emulator. This fix is for avoiding the flickering during multiplayer.

1) Download Glide64Final zip file.

2) Extract Glide64 Help chm file to the main mupen folder.

3) Extract glide3x.dll to the mupen main folder.

4) Extract glide64.dll, glide64ini, and glidehq.dll in mupen's 'plugin' folder.

Now open mupen and go to options>settings. Under Video plugin choose Glide64 'Final'.

Next make sure on your input settings that you have controller 2 "Plugged" box checked.

Now go back to Video settings and make sure you check the "show advanced emulation options". Close the mupen emulator and then open it again. Now an "Emulation Settings" tab appears.

Now run GE:X and go to VR and press start on player 2 (which ever button you assigned start for player 2 on).

Next once you begin the game go to Options on the emulator and click video settings>click the emulation tab.

On the "Frame Buffer Emulation" section check "enable frame buffer emulation" this way it allows you to check/uncheck "Hardware Frame Buffer Emulation".

Finally, uncheck both "Enable Frame Buffer Emulation" and "Hardware Frame Buffer Emulation" while VR game is running and a window will pop up asking if you want to save the current changes in the settings. Click Yes and this should be rid of the awful flickering screens in VR/Multiplayer.

P.S. In PD/GE:X video options in the game, it is best to keep Hi-Res box unchecked cause if not you will see some annoying artifacts on the bottom of the screen. This option is only best checked on if you're using another video plugin like Jabo3D8.

I just found out about this correction and thought I would share it with you all on this helpful thread. Enjoy playing GoldenEye X with Glide64 plugin! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: