ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Stolens 1964 60FPS bundle and Automatic Weapons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superbunsel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:43 am    Post subject: Stolens 1964 60FPS bundle and Automatic Weapons Reply with quote Back to top

So I tried Stolens 60FPS bundle (final Version) for GoldenEye and it runs great, many thanks for that!
The only problem I have with it is the firing rate of automatic weapons. The gameplay runs at the orginal speed smooth at 60fps. Just when I fire any automatic weapon, the firing rate is insanely fast. A tap to the z-trigger basicely empties the clip, which makes especialy multiplayer matches a bit unused.
I tried different Counter Factor settings and both the jacobs and glide64 plugins with no change. Only setting the Counter Factor to 8x4 gets me the original firing rate, but then the game also runs with about the original fps as on the console (=slow).
Do others have this problem as well, is there fix in the settings for this? As i run the game on relative new Dell Inspiron 15r SE, i dont think its caused by slow hardware.
Help is appreciated!

Last edited by Superbunsel on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

The 60fps modification also makes guns fire faster. Normally gun fire in GE and PD are limited by frame rate, and faster firing weapons usually fire as fast as the frame rate. Example, comparing the GE firing rate for the RCP90 on 1964 vs console output. When Rare was porting GE to XBLA, they turned down the firing rate for most weapons, so it would feel the same as the N64.

So yes, they fire faster then they are designed for, however these are just the side effects of a fast emulator. If you want the guns to fire slower, then perhaps you can change the gun values in the GE editor.

Thanks for downloading.

Last edited by stolen on Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Superbunsel
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Alright, so I guess I just have to get used to it. Thank you for the explanation! Also thanks for the bundle again!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: