ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Config for playing Goldeneye X on Mupen64++

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mckstud2
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:47 pm    Post subject: Config for playing Goldeneye X on Mupen64++ Reply with quote Back to top

Hey people, a semi-noob here looking for some quick help:
I run the Mupen64++ emulator and have patched my PD ROM to play Goldeneye X. The ROM works and, after the startup screens and the shot of 007 on the computer, the game tells me that I have to create a new agent file. From there, I'm unable to do anything because it can't find a "location" to save.

What do I do? I saw a post where someone said something about configuring a controller pak but there were no instructions/details to go with it. Please help!

Thanks a ton.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There are two things that should be able to help you out.

1. To use a controller pak to save with, go to Options -> Input Settings. From that menu, you can select different controllers (players 1-4) and set a controller pak for them. In the Controller Pak section, make sure "RawData" in unchecked, and "Mem Pak" is selected in the list.

2. In order to save to the Game Pak (which is necessary for online play), you need to download a Mupen64.ini file from GoldenEye Vault. Close Mupen, then save the file to your main Mupen64 directory. It will update all the ROMS and give you "Good" names for each. This should allow the emulator to recognize the GoldenEye X ROM, and saves will be possible.

Mupen64.ini download link
http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=166

Do let us know how it goes, and enjoy the mod! Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mckstud2
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It worked! Solid - thanks much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: