ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5B Official Patch Released! @ 03-01-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm having some very weird issues with the falls in Cradle. If you strafe to the sides while falling, you can end up back on the platform - even from a hundred feet down. I added clipping, which should prevent you from doing so, but it only helps to a certain point. I think the issue is to do with room bounds being too small for the drop to work successfully. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get this in for the upcoming release. It should be remedied at another time, however. I did manage to get the clouds working on console, and seem to have corrected an area where Sims (and humans coming at it from the right angle) got stuck. I'd say two steps forward, one step back.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In 3/4 player mode you might want to change "A Cougar" to "A Magnum". Also in the solo missions Water Caverns subtitle is missing an "n" at the end of "subterranean".

Some more pick up corrections. When you've picked up the seeker and the first ammunition box says "some missiles" and then the last ammunition box should be changed to "a missile" instead of "some missiles" cause you are only getting one more missile to be fully loaded. In 3/4 player mode when you picked up Focus Pills it says "some focuss'" maybe that should be changed to "some pills"?

Thanks for adding the ability to fall off the open rails in Cradle. Unfortunate for the error that occurs when falling while strafing. Hopefully it can be fixable in the future.

It looks like you took care of the open clip in Egyptian. I think that was the only staircase that lead to the flooded area where you can fall off and die.

I just want to say I am happy in anyway that I can be of help to this project. No matter how little an observation is and even my contribution in helping the project out. I think I say this for not only myself but for everyone else who has a love for GoldenEye that I want the absolute BEST mod of GoldenEye there can possibly ever be. The goal for this project I would want is for it to be just as FUN playing as it was for me when I first played GoldenEye back in 1998.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The short form for the Cougar Magnum is debatable. When you pick up the DY357 in 3/4-Player matches, it says "A DY357". That's also what it says in your quick menu. However, I am inclined to agree with you. Having the short form as "Magnum" might be better. I will make the change for it.

Also noticed that GE007 says "The Golden Gun" when picking up Scaramanga's legendary weapon, even when not playing "The Man With The Golden Gun" mode. Being able to have more than one at a time in multiplayer makes sense to have "A Golden Gun", but it is a special weapon. It'd also need to be "The" in the mission campaign, so might as well make the switch.

I actually named it "Subterranea" on purpose. While it isn't officially a word in the English language, it's an underworld in Marvel Comics, and a rockband from London. Besides, I thought it sounded cool. Razz

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck also just saw the same issue with the seeker missiles can be used for the rocket launcher's rockets pick up. When you've picked up the rocket launcher and the first ammunition box says "some rockets" picking up the last ammo box says "some rockets" instead of saying "a rocket" like in GE007.

And yeah, I had no idea that was the reason why you named it that way in the first place. Sorry about that. Laughing

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to add PD style reloading animations to the GE guns? I always thought that would be a cool edition to Goldeneye.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correction. It's not when you pick up the last ammo box that it should be changed to "a rocket" but when you pick up the actual rocket launcher prop itself. Once you are equipped with the rocket launcher and are missing a rocket and you pick up the rocket launcher prop it should say "a rocket". Same rule should apply for the Seeker's pick ups as well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The missiles/rockets pickup message seems to be how PD handles it. I'm not really sure how you'd adjust the ammo text right now, and have only found good ways to set the weapon pickups. If this can be changed in the future, it will be looked at.

I've changed the short form of the Focus Pill to "Pill". However, like the rockets, there's still some screwy quantity issues going on. Picking it up the first time says "Some Pills", even though you only get one. Subsequent procurements say "A Focus Pill", while you actually get two of them. Better than it was, but it could use some work down the road.

Reload animations are possible for GE weapons, though it would take quite a bit of work to get them going. It also means it would take more time to reload, since it isn't simply lowering off screen and popping back up again. Animations would be nice, but I can't say if or when they'll be ready to include.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah man, I would hate for this mod to have reload animations. I thought that was the whole point in having them emulate the way they function like in GE. I hated the reload animations in PD. They took forever. However, I wouldn't mind empty clip models for when weapons are out of ammunition.

By the way, I loved that you renamed the Golden Gun pickup that way. I didn't realize it used "The" in the original game as appose to "A". Crosses fingers for "The Man with The Golden Gun" mode some day. Smile

Update: This is going to sound funny but after checking just now for the rocket launcher's pickups it seems when comparing to GoldenEye they match up correctly. Same thing for the Seeker shows as well. So no need to edit the text for the Rocket Launcher and Seeker pickups for 3/4-player game. LOL

Wreck, you may also want to change Grenade Launcher text from "A G-Launcher" to "An G-Launcher" for 3/4 player game since that's what you did for the rocket launcher. Just a heads up.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If PD is anything like GE, those ammo quantity strings (and modifiers to them) are hardcoded in ASM. For them all (or at least most) to be bonkers chances are the conditional is flipped around on it.
You can probably just search the combined TLB for ADDIU xx,R0,textID to find the bugger in question.

I think GE used a pointer table to select routines that were little more than a text printer call and the ID of the string to use. Prefixes--"a", "an", "the", "some", and their proper-case compatriots--were also based on a seperate table, and "Picked up" was written seperately. It was silly how convoluted it was when they could have simply chained them together.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
If PD is anything like GE, those ammo quantity strings (and modifiers to them) are hardcoded in ASM. For them all (or at least most) to be bonkers chances are the conditional is flipped around on it.

You can probably just search the combined TLB for ADDIU xx,R0,textID to find the bugger in question....

Shhhhh! Don't give him an excuse to delay releasing v0.5c!

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I changed it to "An R-Launcher" because of the way you pronounce it. Using "An G-Launcher" sounds bad, whether you say it as "G" or "Grenade". Just a minor grammatical issue I wanted to fix up.

Hehe, don't worry. If we do end up going after the ammo/pills pickup messages, it won't be until after 5c comes out. I don't think it is quite important enough to tackle on the edge of a release.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: