ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Everdrive question: What can it do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HalfShelter1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Everdrive question: What can it do? Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys! I'm still fairly new to the board, but not playing Goldeneye. I
picked up a Gameshark a couple months ago. But, didn't quite turn out like I had hoped. So, I'm thinking about buying a Everdrive. I still don't know to much about it, besides that you play N64 Emulators on it. I'm still
VERY new to hacking. I've been to the Goldeneye Vault and WOW!!!! There are so many different levels, patches, and mods. Are these things I would be able to download onto a memory card and play on the Everdrive with a Emulator? Any info for a newbie would be very helpful. Thanks!

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi HalfShelter1,

First of all, the Everdrive64 isn't an emulator but some kind of "rewritable cartridge". It copies a rom from the SD card to the cartridge memory and then the N64 thinks it's like any original cartridge. There are minor issues with some games but it runs the full N64 romset.

GoldenEye and Perfect Dark work perfectly on Everdrive64, and so do the hacks that are available. Some of the early hacks may not be compatible yet, but they are fixable so just warn us so we can update them.

If you are interested in hacks from other games, I think only the F-Zero X ones work with the Everdrive. There's someone working on making Mario 64 hacks compatible, but they don't work right now and I'm not sure if all of them will do in the future. Zelda hacks don't work either.
Other hacks, like the Sin and Punishment translation, work. I think Banjo hacks work too.

These are the Everdrive64 forums. If you have more doubts about it it's better to ask there or look for more info:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

F-Zero X Climax does run on 64drive..

But ya best seek the Everdrive from krikzz the guy behind it. You could save a good $60 I thinks compared to 64drive which has NO support.

krikzz on the other hand, the Everdrive guy is here (online I mean) very frequently on his forum and continues to work on ED

HalfShelter1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is it pretty easy to get the hacks and mods working once i get the overdrive, and download an emulator?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The EverDrive doesn't need an emulator, it only requires the game ROM. The N64 reads the saved ROM exactly the same as it would a normal cartridge. So you're playing on the actual console itself, and not through some sort of emulator. That's what makes these devices so great.

All you have to do is take the SD Card that comes with the ED64, put it into your computer, and copy game ROMs onto it. After you've reinserted the SD Card back into the ED64, just boot it up, and go through the easy-to-use menu to select the ROM you want to play. You can even make "game pak" saves to the device, or use a controller pak instead.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If a game runs on console it should run regardless the device in use. The problem with the Mario64 hacks and early Zelda work is their code is botched. New Zelda hacks are compatible now.

As far as things go, the Tsumi to Batsu and Wonder Project J2 translations work fine. GE, PD, BK, BT patches work fine. F-Zero X courses work fine. Preliminary patches for Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 work fine. Basically, anything that isn't Mario should be okay presuming the person who made it knows what they're doing.

Uhm, the 64drive does have support, but it's direct chat versus a forum. It gets periodic BIOS updates when something needs patching or a new feature arrives. It's biggest feature is the dev capabilities.
One big difference is that it doesn't attempt to play games with region code differences, and that's given some Everdrive users pain in the past. The console remains blind to the choice, just as a real console does. This is in part because they use a more modern version of LaC's bootloader and because they don't read the value into it.

If you're only interesting in running things, an Everdrive would be good enough. It has a lot of cute user things.

One thing I should warn you of is it does autopatch cracks onto certain games, something the 64drive shouldn't actually require. On a personal level, I don't appreciate the way he uses people's patches, cracks, or software without at least some attempt at request.

HalfShelter1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Whats the best site for buying a Everdrive?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: