ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

deyppwhendeycme wrote:
First and foremost, I have to give my extreme thanks and admiration to Wreck and everyone else who made this possible.  I am in awe of your skill and generosity and I can't thank you enough for keeping my all-time favorite game alive.  The choices you made and the skill with which you implemented them are incredible.  I'm especially impressed with the way Citadel was fleshed out.  Truly inspired.  Now on to some suggestions. 

1.)  Does the plan still include adding some PD levels?  I sure hope so.  And if so, are you technically limited to choosing three, or is that choice just based on the fact that PD only had three GE levels?  If it's possible without losing any of the current levels,  you should definitely include more than three and they should be chosen primarily based on what is most fun; not what supposedly "fits" in the Bond universe.  After all, the main point of it all is fun.  

I asked Wreck this some time back, and he confirmed that only three PD levels would be put in, as PD itself contained three GE levels so putting three PD levels into Goldeneye X would be like carrying on the GE/PD designers' train of thought. Apparently the number three isn't forced on them (Wreck, etc) by anything technical, it's purely Wreck and co.'s choice. I don't know if it's been decided yet which three levels will be included.

I was hoping that they'd later release a version of Goldeneye X with all of the PD levels added, preferable as well as with all of the Goldeneye X levels, even if they have to leave out the Goldeneye X single player mode, and maybe call this "Goldeneye X Arena" or something, as it's purely multiplayer. Maybe when Goldeneye X is totally done, and has been out a while, and any last remote bugs have been fixed, then Goldeneye X's authors will release Goldeneye X with all PD and GE multiplayer maps. I hope so.

Quote:

2.)  It's clear that GE and PD are kindred games and are in a class of their own.  So if we're having firm rules about what belongs, I think TWINE content clearly doesn't fit and may be a waste of space.  There's plenty of Bond-licensed garbage from other developers that can't come close to these two Rare shooters, so including anything from other games should be the lowest priority.  Therefore, Labyrinth should only be added if there is room after all potential GE and PD levels are included.  I would even include the converted Zelda levels before anything from TWINE.  I think 1st and 2nd party Nintendo games belong together more than some 3rd party drivel. 

I like TWINE, but I agree that it's MP maps aren't as good as PD/GE's. But if there is space, then I'd say by all means put the maps in. Actually, I would like the Forest map from TWINE, but Zoinkitty (or whoever) said it was very unlikely that he'd port more TWINE maps.

Quote:

3.)  You did a great job choosing which pd weapons/items to include.  My only addition would be the Farsight.  I know many people's first reaction will be to scream "That doesn't belong in Goldeneye".  But as with the level selection, the priority should be fun and this was a very fun weapon. Besides, outlandish technology is one of the main themes of the Bond universe.  But if we must be so purist, couldn't you just apply a more earthly model (maybe something slightly advanced-looking like the Avenger) to the gun but keep the same functionality?

I'd suggest the crossbow, as it's great picking up the arrows that have lodged in walls, and seeing the arrows trails as they fly by you when an enemy is behind you!

Quote:

And finally, I'm curious; while digging around in PD's guts, did you find any of the options that were originally planned but left out of the final game?  Everyone knows about the face-mapping, but I'm wondering about the "no doors" and "explodable walls" options that Rare were considering during development.  I think there were one or two others, but these are the ones I remember. 

I think someone mentioned that they'd not found anything new or useful, but I could be wrong (and if they did say that, it was some time ago, so it might have changed now).

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I asked Wreck this some time back, and he confirmed that only three PD levels would be put in, as PD itself contained three GE levels so putting three PD levels into Goldeneye X would be like carrying on the GE/PD designers' train of thought. Apparently the number three isn't forced on them (Wreck, etc) by anything technical, it's purely Wreck and co.'s choice. I don't know if it's been decided yet which three levels will be included.

I was hoping that they'd later release a version of Goldeneye X with all of the PD levels added, preferable as well as with all of the Goldeneye X levels, even if they have to leave out the Goldeneye X single player mode, and maybe call this "Goldeneye X Arena" or something, as it's purely multiplayer. Maybe when Goldeneye X is totally done, and has been out a while, and any last remote bugs have been fixed, then Goldeneye X's authors will release Goldeneye X with all PD and GE multiplayer maps. I hope so.

I like this idea a lot. After Goldeneye X is completed, an alternate version which is VR mode only would be a nice edition. As a suggestion maybe even call it "Marksman Edition". Wink

Another suggestion that has been boggling my mind lately is something that I've read from people's comments in the past to include the "moment of invincibility" effect from GE007. Since there is no way to make this an option on the mod. It would be cool to add this on the Goldeneye X Arena/Marksman Edition version of the mod once it's been finalized. Meaning once the alternate mod has been finalized, create one last version (maybe this release can be called Marksman Edition) with the moment of invincibility in it. This way players can choose the arena version's final release or the Marksman Edition release of it which has the Invulnerability effect on it. That is if the invincibility effect is possible to be added in the mod of course.

Kerr Avon wrote:
I'd suggest the crossbow, as it's great picking up the arrows that have lodged in walls, and seeing the arrows trails as they fly by you when an enemy is behind you!

Not a bad suggestion. I would also like to hopefully see the watch laser and the taser make it in one of the mods in the future as well.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The little invisibility frame on GE multi is one thing that always bothered me.
You would sit there and waste your ammo or clip to kill one person. You rank up there damage only for another player to steal your kill. It's why I play it on LTK. I believe that every bullet should stay count on GE X. No need to really change that in PD. It could be done I'm sure but still must remember it's Perfect Dark no Goldeneye.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Why do you keep saying the same thing? And I thought you didn't play Goldeneye X? Hmmm....

Also it's just a suggestion that others wanted implemented. All I am simply doing is trying to find a suggestive way to cater to the feature without harming the original mods' intent.

Forgot to add in my last post that I also thought the Goldeneye X team would've added three PD levels as well seeing as the levels are opposite in the mod it would make only sense if Wreck and co. went that route as well. I guess only time will tell on what they decide to do with this mod going into the future. However, I still stand with what Kerr Avon suggested before.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

We all have different opinions, Chill out.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No I will not "Chill out". A while back when I left my two cents in you came back at me with the same similar verbiage that this is not Goldeneye but Perfect Dark. Well DUH we all know this from the get go. Sure we all have different opinions but where does yours matter the most when it concerns this mod? You never mentioned GEX in the past and never even played the mod from what I recall. You've never contributed anything to this mod. Not even a suggestion. So why should yours matter more than anyone else'? You didn't even try to at least understand my proposition. I get it. You're a GE contributor to this site but does that make your opinions anymore better than mine? Please stop trying to belittle me every chance you get and understand where I was getting at with my suggestion first.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fellas...

Yes, we did plan on taking three of the PD Combat Simulator maps, modifying their texture schemes, adjusting some minor architectural pieces, and utilizing them in the game. I believe the maps decided upon were: Grid, Villa, and Skedar. Progress on this has not begun, however I did make a custom elevator for Grid that mimics the one found in multiple GE missions. Hopefully we can get to these and include them in a future release.

The FarSight technology does exist in GEX. If you use the All Guns cheat, or the specific single weapon in solo cheat, you'll find the OpTech 20. It looks like the normal PD sniper rifle, but features the rail-gun effect.

Although I'm not totally certain on the grenade / launcher trajectory, I did tweak some values and tested on console side-by-side (well, one tv on top of the other!) to compare games. They seemed to match up pretty well to me, but it could be looked into further.

I know a lot of people aren't too fond of the Labyrinth stage in multiplayer. By now it has been in the mod so long, it's kinda just a part of it. It isn't in any Assignments or preset matches, and the only ways to play it would be to select it yourself or have it chosen randomly. And believe me, if Sogun gets Peach's Castle up and running well in Perfect Dark, I'd love to put it into GEX... along with a Mario character, of course! Razz

Thanks for the questions and comments. We really appreciate hearing from the people out there who have taken the time to try out our mod. Your interest helps to maintain our interest in further completion of the game.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
And believe me, if Sogun gets Peach's Castle up and running well in Perfect Dark, I'd love to put it into GEX... along with a Mario character, of course! Razz

About that, I'm not really sure if a Mario themed level would fit GoldenEye: X, heh.

Don't take me wrong. I'll work on porting all my Nintendo maps to PD in the future, and I won't mind if anyone already starts the process or includes the maps in his/her patches.
But I think since PD has a limited amount of levels available, GE: X should focus on having as much GE based multis as possible (Train, Frigate, Aztec that are already there plus maybe Statue, Depot, Surface, etc...).
If there are slots left, then that's fine.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Fellas...

Yes, we did plan on taking three of the PD Combat Simulator maps, modifying their texture schemes, adjusting some minor architectural pieces, and utilizing them in the game. I believe the maps decided upon were: Grid, Villa, and Skedar. Progress on this has not begun, however I did make a custom elevator for Grid that mimics the one found in multiple GE missions. Hopefully we can get to these and include them in a future release.

Why would you have to adjust the architecture, or anything else? I'd have thought that since they were PD levels, they'd run unaltered in the PD engine - have you altered the engine somehow, or do you mean that you'd make cosmetic architectural alterations to the levels to make them look more Goldeneye-ish, or make actual physical alterations in the maps to make them play better?

Quote:

I know a lot of people aren't too fond of the Labyrinth stage in multiplayer. By now it has been in the mod so long, it's kinda just a part of it. It isn't in any Assignments or preset matches, and the only ways to play it would be to select it yourself or have it chosen randomly. And believe me, if Sogun gets Peach's Castle up and running well in Perfect Dark, I'd love to put it into GEX... along with a Mario character, of course! Razz

I'm not a huge fan of Labyrinth, but I hope you keep it in, as it's not a bad map, and no doubt some people will love it. Plus, as you say, no one is ever forced to play it.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have played GE X astro. I play it solo. I do take the time to read all opinions and thoughts. Like your always trying to make me look bad bro. I don't care what Kind of punishment comes from this but from what I know your the only guy here spamming and demanding changes to this MOD. You said your self once "I leave it to the nerds"
Your just a selfish bitch always wanting something your way.
If it isn't your way then you hate the person and get all offensive in an instant. You want something done? Be calm about it or do it yourself.
Arrow

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*Claps* WONDERFUL

You Mad bro?

I love it how you spin this to better fit your agenda. Thanks for putting words into my mouth and making false claims about me. I don't always want things my way I only try to do better for the mod's sake or what I feel is best for the mod. How come is it you NEVER post on this part of the forum until I leave some kind of message that "triggers" something to you that makes you all berate and come at me like no one else? Why aren't there any thread starters with your name on it? Why aren't there any threads PERIOD with your name on it unless it's an attack at my expense? Why the foul language? Your constant hate for me isn't going to earn you any points on the mods side or just cause you think you submit GE Hacks your arguments hold lots of merits with the mods of this forum. You're no different than any other troll who attacks a certain individual. I'm not calling you one but you sure do come off as one as far as this part of the forum is concerned. Anyway, I'm done arguing with you. If you keep on attacking me I'm going to have to tell a moderate on you which is something I really do not feel like doing.

Rey

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Look man your the one that is trying to make your self look good right now.
Everyone I know that knows you know that you don't like me for no reason.
You turned it into a word fest here. Also I'm done. I'm above starting a argument to you. It just plays to your game and your advantage. You don't have tell a moderator. They can see this and will soon remove it.
Before my previous post who was really at fault?
No one is attacking ya bud.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Listen guys, you both should at least take it to the private chat, so that this Suggestions topic can stay on track.

I am not really a big fan of the Labyrinth in Goldeneye X. It just does not really holds up to the Rareware level standards at all. I would rather see user made levels replace the Labyrinth map instead. Like you mention Sogun's Peach Castle map, now that really interested me big time. I can't wait to see that finish.

But due to nobody mentioning anything about removing/replacing Labyrinth from Goldeneye X. I still do welcome it into the game, since it was a nice simple level in 007 World Is Not Enough.

Sogun wrote:
About that, I'm not really sure if a Mario themed level would fit GoldenEye: X, heh.

Don't take me wrong. I'll work on porting all my Nintendo maps to PD in the future, and I won't mind if anyone already starts the process or includes the maps in his/her patches.
But I think since PD has a limited amount of levels available, GE: X should focus on having as much GE based multis as possible (Train, Frigate, Aztec that are already there plus maybe Statue, Depot, Surface, etc...).
If there are slots left, then that's fine.

Even though, I do agree with Sogun about having as much Goldeneye levels smash into multiplayer as possible. I think a Mario Map, and any other theme would be a nice addition to Goldeneye X

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey and Astro: take it to PMs, chat, or somewhere else. Anything further I see on here will be deleted and the poster(s) warned.

The changes made to the PD levels would simply be to cosmetically "update" the look of the stage. Also, few architectural changes made to either spruce up the level, or improve gameplay (such as adding a ladder the center pedestal in Villa to allow quicker access to the item on it).

There are actually a lot of slots available in PD for stages. In fact, there are 20 meant for Combat Simulator alone (mp1 - mp20). But maybe half of those were used in the original game. The rest of the levels used regular file names, like "oat" and "ref". That said, there should be plenty of ID's still left for GEX. Many of the mission-based multiplayer levels (not those optimized like Frigate and Cradle) share a single ID, which helps narrow it down. Peach's Castle could certainly be a contender.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually Serew I think would not be to bad including in GE X as a PD level for a few reasons.
The unctouchable ladder in the level should be touchable. Would be nice to head up there to get the weapon and maybe have some other passage above. Also the two crates down below be connected to the small pool in the middle of map.
Not sure if the look would be correct but that could be something cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 13 of 21

Jump to: